Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Favors did good and Corbin kept him in.....?
    Lol.
    repped.

The issue is that Millsap doesn't draw a double team, isn't as reliable in isolation the way he's playing this year, and sometimes gives up boards to bigger forwards.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Mo took more shots tonight than Joe Johnson in slightly fewer minutes. Who was it that was worried about his game winner against San Antonio making him more trigger happy?
    Twice he shot a jumper and missed got the ball back and shot another jumper within the same possession.

I remember DeShawn Stevenson doing that ONCE about 10 years ago and Sloan benched him for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Mo took more shots tonight than Joe Johnson in slightly fewer minutes. Who was it that was worried about his game winner against San Antonio making him more trigger happy?
    That would be me, Sir.
    He took a lot of stupid shots today, but made the ones that made me yell at the TV...not sure how I feel

Good thing Evans got that rebound and not D-WILL.

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    The sad part is Millsap was putting together a great game. 12 points on 11 shots, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and 1 turnover in 26 minutes.

Millsap is not the problem.
    Yes, offensively he was, however their bigs were scoring at will in the first half. With Favors playing the majority of the second half, the Nets were held to a measly 33 points. You're going to win a lot of games with that number.

What's the deal with Deron? He doesnt seem like the same player he was here.

We should just copy and past the first half of the game topics before it even begins. I only saw the second half tonight so it's not applicable to this game, but it seems like I'm always pissed off within the first 10 minutes of a Jazz game normally. Good win, good win.

If this game doesn't prove that we need to unload Millsap/Jefferson to make room for Favors I don't know what will.
    Corbin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    He's not in the Jazz's system.

That has always been the knock on Duron, even coming out of college. He's not Ty Lawson, DRose, or CP3. He needs a system. A system where he can set screens, come off picks, run the P&R, post up, and get open looks. He's not a 1 on 1 blow past you guy.
    Corbin sucks.

I think it finally has dawned on Deron on how good he had it here. His pride is why we traded him and why is career won't be as good as it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    He's not in the Jazz's system.

That has always been the knock on Duron, even coming out of college. He's not Ty Lawson, DRose, or CP3. He needs a system. A system where he can set screens, come off picks, run the P&R, post up, and get open looks. He's not a 1 on 1 blow past you guy.
    He definitely is a system guy, however he still has alot of 1 on 1 skills and blows past many guards, like he did a few times against mo tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    I think it finally has dawned on Deron on how good he had it here. His pride is why we traded him and why is career won't be as good as it could have been.
    You would be correct sir

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400278078

Deron Williams created some controversy Monday when he expressed his preference for the offensive system he played in under Jerry Sloan in Utah, saying he hadn't been as comfortable in Avery Johnson's system. Johnson wasn't bothered by the comments, saying he was aware of Williams' concerns and they frequently discussed ways to address them.
    Corbin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    He needs someone to pick and roll with. He needs a post presence to play off of.

Maybe also with two gold medals and $100 million, he's not as hungry as he used to be.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

Have to say I was crying for Sap to come in to matchup with Wallace in the 4th, but Hayward redeemed himself. Very gutty win.