Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One observation on the Barclay Center - for the billion dollars they put into the place you'd think they'd invest in somone to take care of their hardwood floor. I saw players sliding a few times including Mo Williams slipping on a crucial inbounds pass near the end of the game. That can't happen at this level - someone is going to blow out their knee.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not complaining because any win on the road is good, but our half court offense is still pretty ugly. We killed them on the break, and the defense and rebounding in the 2nd half was inspiring. But we have to have better possessions and more cutting.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    What's the deal with Deron? He doesnt seem like the same player he was here.
    Here's why D-Will was amazing with the Jazz-

I think a lot of us take the offensive system we have here for granted. Watch that video if you don't agree.
    Yes, there are too many Al post ups, but if that problem went away, I think we have a top notch offense here.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here's another reason why Duron misses us.

Jerry's system just plain worked.

It didn't matter who was playing point. Duron, Dee Brown, or AK47... The system generated good open looks when executed properly.

Jerry's system allowed us to take down the Rockets, with Yao and McGrady in their primes... Then propelled us past the Warriors who had just barely taken down the #1 seeded Mavs.

Anyone remember this game? Bogus fouls put Duron onto the bench. Dee Brown nearly broke his neck. AK47 played some point.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Here's why D-Will was amazing with the Jazz-

I think a lot of us take the offensive system we have here for granted. Watch that video if you don't agree.
    Yes, there are too many Al post ups, but if that problem went away, I think we have a top notch offense here.
    Definitely some nice moments in there. But did you notice we were down basically 20 points in every clip? Or the fact we had less than 40 at the half? And apparently had about 60 going into the 4th? What does the highlight tape of the other 50 possessions look like?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How do we not remember that game? It was epic. I still have the full game that I bought from NBA.com. Doesn't work on my new PC though. And they got rid of that service so I cant reactivate it. I Also have game 7 vs the rockets. No video program has ever been able to crack the files either

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Definitely some nice moments in there. But did you notice we were down basically 20 points in every clip? Or the fact we had less than 40 at the half? And apparently had about 60 going into the 4th? What does the highlight tape of the other 50 possessions look like?
    @1:19- CJ misses a wide open 3
    @2:20- Raja Bell misses a wide open jumper.

That is all I have to say to that.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm glad the Jazz somehow held on. A couple of points about the end:

1) When the Jazz had their first bad inbound play, if Mo got his hand on the ball before it bounced across the court and out of bounds (and it looked like he did), how did only 1 tenth of a second go off the clock?

2 On the final play, it kind of pissed me off that Reggie Evans had a monster handful of Al's jersey. Gotta love the "let them play", except when it comes down to giving Joe Johnson free throws on a BS call the previous possession.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not complaining because any win on the road is good, but our half court offense is still pretty ugly. We killed them on the break, and the defense and rebounding in the 2nd half was inspiring. But we have to have better possessions and more cutting.
    Watched the replay. I chose this post as it's the best one on the page. Yes, the offense looked awful at times. What happened in the 3rd was home court defense.

IMO we got some winning coaching from Corbs playing Marvin 30 mins and closing with Derrick. Yes the offense is still choppy, that is going to continue in spurts, but clearly Ty was addressing the rebounding problem.

More than any other thing, this is what I liked about this game.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just got done watching, and it would have been a total injustice if the Nets hit a basket at the end. Reggie Evans just absolutely blatantly grabbed Al's jersey yet it wasn't called on that last inbounds pass. **** I hate NBA officials with a passion.

Other than that good win, especially since I thought they might go 0-4 on this road trip. Well great 2nd half anyway, they actually played defense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Corbin gets a +1 for sticking with Favors to match up with the big NJ front line.
    As much as I hate Corbin I agree, that lineup worked very well in the 4th, though I thought Marv deserved to be in over Hayward or Carroll. Still, hard to complain.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post

1) When the Jazz had their first bad inbound play, if Mo got his hand on the ball before it bounced across the court and out of bounds (and it looked like he did), how did only 1 tenth of a second go off the clock?

2 On the final play, it kind of pissed me off that Reggie Evans had a monster handful of Al's jersey. Gotta love the "let them play", except when it comes down to giving Joe Johnson free throws on a BS call the previous possession.
    Both good points. I thought they were at least going to look at the replay to see if anyone touched the ball on the Haywards inbounds pass.

It looked like Wallace was trying to steal the ball and Evans was trying to grab Jefferson. Complete mugging. Although Jefferson should never had been passed the ball in the first place. The inbounds passer (Carroll?) should have called time out to re-group.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Have to say I was crying for Sap to come in to matchup with Wallace in the 4th, but Hayward redeemed himself. Very gutty win.
    repped.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post

Your back. Where have you been?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    As much as I hate Corbin I agree, that lineup worked very well in the 4th, though I thought Marv deserved to be in over Hayward or Carroll. Still, hard to complain.
    Hayward had a good game. He didn't shoot much, but had a great floor game, played tough defense, and was a factor in our win down the stretch.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In case you missed it. Here is Haywards run down block from behind and assist to Derrick Favors combo.

If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL