Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Can we talk about how epic the DWill trade was?

Has to be one of the best trades in recent NBA history.

DWill has declined while both Favors and Kanter look like they could be top ten Big men in the NBA, and we still have the GSW pick coming.

KOC doesn't get enough props for that trade.

Read this article and the quotes from D Will.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...rade-utah-jazz
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting that he mentions how much he loved Sloan's system. This should add some weight to the argument that he had very little to do, at least actively, with Sloan quitting. KOC did do a good job on this, and Mo Williams stats-wise is not far from Deron this year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post

DWill has declined while both Favors and Kanter look like they could be top ten Big men in the NBA, and we still have the GSW pick coming.

We should start talking about how epic UGLI is instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Too bad we are pissing off the most important players in that trade leading to them possibly asking out of here before even their extensions.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Too bad we are pissing off the most important players in that trade leading to them possibly asking out of here before even their extensions.

Harris?
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    just think, we probably would've ended up with Beaubois, a massive TPE, & crappy late 1st rounders if KOC hadn't traded DWill when he did...
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    just think, we probably would've ended up with Beaubois, a massive TPE, & crappy late 1st rounders if KOC hadn't traded DWill when he did...
    Why isn't that same logic being used right now?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Why isn't that same logic being used right now?
    with regards to Al/Paul? Well i think there's a better chance to resign 1 of them...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ... how epic are the Jefferson and Marvin trades gonna be?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    ... how epic are the Jefferson and Marvin trades gonna be?
    I can't wait to have my mind blown!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post

"And that system (in Utah) was a great system for my style of play. I'm a system player, and I loved Coach (Jerry) Sloan's system. I loved the offense there. We could've been a really good team. We just weren't that good defensively as a group."

Man, I was really clamoring for Chandler in '10 before CHA send him to DAL.
    We were a shot blocking big man away from contention the past 3 years, tell us something we didnt already know...
    Chandler = My person from the start!! KOC should've expanded the Jefferson trade for this (MIN gets: PTE/KoKo/3 1st (our's unconditional, CHA conditional) & CHA gets: Memo/Sessions & UTA gets: Jefferson/Chandler... yes this could've worked if MIN trades the PTE in a seperate deal). Chander is long, active, contract comes off after this season (saving $ if we'd kept Memo), & would've prevented DAL from getting Chandler (he w/ Haywood make a DAL better).
    Yes, Chandler will be in the running for comeback player of the year. He's only on the books for 1 year (vs 4yr/ 28M) & I think its financially irresponsible taking back contracts that extend past DWill's contract. See how good Chandler was w/ Chris Paul & while healthy. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Gortat but not if we have to take back additional long contracts. I'm also on the record with saying Gortat is just a more polished version of Fes.
    DWill - Hayward - ?(CJ)? - Jefferson - Chandler
    vs
    Mo - Hayward - Marvin - Paul - Al (Favors/Kanter/GSW pick)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Interesting that he mentions how much he loved Sloan's system. This should add some weight to the argument that he had very little to do, at least actively, with Sloan quitting.
    Or it should prove that he's a piece of crap, as we all suspected for years but chose to pretend otherwise, kinda like when you're dating a hot girl who's a total bitch and you keep telling yourself she's not.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    Or it should prove that he's a piece of crap, as we all suspected for years but chose to pretend otherwise, kinda like when you're dating a hot girl who's a total bitch and you keep telling yourself she's not.
    Too bad your racial politics don't extend to gender, you lil bitch.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've said this all along, but I'll evaluate how awesome this trade once we've finally rounded the corner and have a qualitatively new identity and some sense for how good the players are we got in return. Early signs are good, but it is obvious that we need to see more of Kanter and Favors, and we need to turn Harris/Marvin into something non-half-assed. Playing the long-game with Jefferson and the GS pick isn't working out.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Too bad your racial politics don't extend to gender, you lil bitch.
    Reverse the genders. Same thing.