Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Has to be one of the best trades in recent NBA history.

DWill has declined while both Favors and Kanter look like they could be top ten Big men in the NBA, and we still have the GSW pick coming.

KOC doesn't get enough props for that trade.

Read this article and the quotes from D Will.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...rade-utah-jazz
    "Don't it always seem to go, that we don't know what we got 'till it's gone..."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Deron certainly isnt playing at the same level he was here. I dont know what it is. Attitude?, Injuries?, System? Who knows. He is only shooting 38% right now. That is just terrible. When he was at his best here he was close to 50 %. Thats the difference between being terrible and elite. His decision making doesnt even seem the same. That could be the system. I dont know whats up with him, but for the majority of the time here he was a bad ass dude. One of the top players in the world. So far none of the pieces we have got for him has shown to be anywhere near the level he was at. Its all potential speculation right now.

With everything being what it is right now, it definitely looks like we made out on that trade. If I were given a choice though between the best we have seen Deron at and the best we have seen for all the guys we got for him, I would take Deron in a heartbeat. Favors and Kanter could end up being great but we havent seen it yet. And the GS pick is still yet to be seen. And really the Harris/Marvin piece has been garbage.

A lot of people hate on Deron around here, but I enjoyed the time he was here. He was a pleasure to watch.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Deron's damaged goods. That wrist and ankle aren't going to ever be 100% and that's a huge problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Deron certainly isnt playing at the same level he was here. I dont know what it is. Attitude?, Injuries?, System? Who knows. He is only shooting 38% right now. That is just terrible. When he was at his best here he was close to 50 %. Thats the difference between being terrible and elite. His decision making doesnt even seem the same. That could be the system. I dont know whats up with him, but for the majority of the time here he was a bad ass dude. One of the top players in the world. So far none of the pieces we have got for him has shown to be anywhere near the level he was at. Its all potential speculation right now.

With everything being what it is right now, it definitely looks like we made out on that trade. If I were given a choice though between the best we have seen Deron at and the best we have seen for all the guys we got for him, I would take Deron in a heartbeat. Favors and Kanter could end up being great but we havent seen it yet. And the GS pick is still yet to be seen. And really the Harris/Marvin piece has been garbage.

A lot of people hate on Deron around here, but I enjoyed the time he was here. He was a pleasure to watch.
    I'm gonna say it was altitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We have not won this trade yet.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Considering what the situation would've looked like right now if we hadn't traded him(see Cleveland, 6 months after), I think we won.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Considering how this team would look had we not traded someone who wanted out, we made out like bandits.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I disagree billy.

If you asked every team in the league in an anonymous poll if they would rather have Favors and Kanter on their rookie deals + a possible late lotto or mid teens pick on the way, or Deron Williams on a Max contract, I think 9 out of 10 GM's take our side of the deal.

If what you're saying is that neither Kanter or Favors is actually better at basketball right this minute than DWill, well then no duh. Thats a checkers mentality though. Thankfully KOC was playing chess.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    trade AJ+Marvin+Mo+Bell for DWill. Get it done KOC.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Deron is in a bad situation in NY. His coach is terrible. Those comments he made were for Avery, no doubt. He wants a system and he knows he benefits from one. This whole quote is a dig at the Nets. Guarenteed he's plays like a top 5 PG with a system, and a good coach, and a deeper roster. But thats just it, he needs the whole package to make it worth his time.

DWill was my favorite player, and was for most here. But he's just too much drama and hassle, and now dealing with nagging injuries. Jazz won this trade, hands down. Ask any Nets fan with their head on straight.
    Freckle Liiiiiip.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What I find ironic. If Dwill doesn't like the system in Brooklyn, why did he extend? Why not go elsewhere such as Dallas or somewhere else?

I see a coaching change on the horizon in Brooklyn.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    Guarenteed he's plays like a top 5 PG with a system, and a good coach, and a deeper roster.
    A lot of players are. Rondo is top 5 in a situation you describe.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight_hwy View Post
    What I find ironic. If Dwill doesn't like the system in Brooklyn, why did he extend? Why not go elsewhere such as Dallas or somewhere else?

I see a coaching change on the horizon in Brooklyn.
    D-Will chose Brooklyn because of the media market and the $$$.

I wonder how many coaches D-Will will go through during his tenure with the Nets? Hell, he more or less retired Sloan and we all know how he can play bratty when things aren't going his way. Honestly, I do not miss D-Will, however, I would trade the farm for Damian Lillard.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Interesting that he mentions how much he loved Sloan's system. This should add some weight to the argument that he had very little to do, at least actively, with Sloan quitting. KOC did do a good job on this, and Mo Williams stats-wise is not far from Deron this year.
    Boler talked about a Jazz front office insider saying that DWill would play for 5-6 coaches in his career becuase he is a malcontent. He probably didnt realize how much he loved Sloans system until he got stuck in the hell that is New Jersey, and Brooklyn isn't much better.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm in the group that believes that Sloan was told his star was going to be traded and he said screw this i'm out.

I know Deron and Sloan had their issues, but I still think it is silly to believe that Sloan can be pushed out by anyone after the egos he dealt with throughout his career.