View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 86.11%
  • No

5 13.89%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    The first person to be fired for a pit positive drug test will sue and win. As long as they are not high during duty hours there is not much the employer can do.
    I hope you are right!
    What i do on my couch with a bag of chips while watching family guy on tv is none of my employers business!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    ****, come to southern California... This place blazes like no place I've ever been.
    NAOS owns one of these t's in every color:

Rep Level
    Sooooooooooooo if banning assault weapons is pointless because it only punishes the "good people and the "bad" people will find ways to get it then why is it illegal to get marijuana?
    Lakers Suck.

Rep Level
    Not that many. But I do know several underage people that do not drink because it is illegal.
    Really? I don't recall anyone in my teenage years refusing to drink because of the legality.

Rep Level
    When I was a teenager, I knew many teenagers that drank but didn't smoke pot (because it was illegal). I'm pretty sure the primary concern was that they could get busted for marijuana a month after smoking it. In other words, they couldn't just "sleep it off".

Rep Level
    It opens pandora's box. Employers and their employees potentially lose their right to a drug free workplace. Personally, I think what they do on their own time is their business. The only way it becomes an issue is when my safety is at risk because someone I am working with or in the near vicinity of is high.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    When I was a teenager, I knew many teenagers that drank but didn't smoke pot (because it was illegal). I'm pretty sure the primary concern was that they could get busted for marijuana a month after smoking it. In other words, they couldn't just "sleep it off".
    Was drinking legal or something?

It doesn't make sense to me that a teenager would not smoke pot solely because it's illegal, but they would drink, which is also illegal for a teenager to do.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

It doesn't make sense to me that a teenager would not smoke pot solely because it's illegal, but they would drink, which is also illegal for a teenager to do.
    part of it is the accessibility of it - even though it may be easy to get pot, it's still generally easier for kids to get their hands on alcohol

plus it's easier to hide alcohol when you're drinking it than marijuana when you're smoking it
    a blast from the past... http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Rep Level

What I'm saying is that legality is only one aspect that a teenager would consider. Accessibility is another. Alcohol is more accessible than pot. Also, they would consider the probability that they could get away with something. When you get drunk on alcohol, the drug is only in your system until you sober up. Marijuana, however, stays in your system for a month. I know I personally didn't smoke weed because my job drug tested. If marijuana was legal I probably would have tried it. Although alcohol was illegal, I did my fair share of underage drinking.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Jazz Fan View Post
    It opens pandora's box. Employers and their employees potentially lose their right to a drug free workplace. Personally, I think what they do on their own time is their business. The only way it becomes an issue is when my safety is at risk because someone I am working with or in the near vicinity of is high.
    Alcohol is legal. Does that mean your coworkers are constantly coming in drunk?

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    Alcohol is legal. Does that mean your coworkers are constantly coming in drunk?
    Do my coworkers have to answer this?
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    To me the main reason that alot of people who would smoke that don't is becasue of drug tests by their employeer. Alcohol does not show up in a pee test. Now if pot was legal then who cares if it shows up? As long as you are not high at work, which I do not think will be any higher than those that come to work drunk, then it wont matter.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    To me the main reason that alot of people who would smoke that don't is becasue of drug tests by their employeer. Alcohol does not show up in a pee test. Now if pot was legal then who cares if it shows up? As long as you are not high at work, which I do not think will be any higher than those that come to work drunk, then it wont matter.
    I think you're missing the point of drug testing. It's not so much to see if you're doing something illegal, it's more to see if there's a chance you might show up to work impaired.
    a blast from the past... http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    I think you're missing the point of drug testing. It's not so much to see if you're doing something illegal, it's more to see if there's a chance you might show up to work impaired.
    True but if you test positive you have a very likely chance of losing your job. If it is now legal and you test positive and lose your job you have a nice little lawsuit. As long as you do not show up impaired they have no grounds to fire you. At that point it would be the same as firing you for having a beer with dinner but never showing up to work drunk.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level

It may not make sense, but there are kids who feel that way.