Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Favors in the playoffs

I came across this in another thread somewhere and it just made me happy and then angry that he's is still rotting on our bench most of the game.

Damn you KOC and Lindsey.
    Last edited by Lattimer; 12-18-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    I came across this in another thread somewhere and it just made me happy and then angry that he's is still rotting on our bench most of the game.

Damn you KOC and Lindsey.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not only Millsap, but Favors play better with a sleeve. BRING OUT TEH SLEEVES! ITZ CORBINZ FAULT! FIRE KOC!
    I would give my left nut to draft him at 47
    - Xthren talking about Darius Miller

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Favors doesnt play because his offense still has a lot of issues. He seems to have some skill but cant put it together. He makes a lot of mistakes still. Turnovers, Fouls, bad decisions, . He basically is still very raw mentally. His defense is great, but around here, its offense that keeps you on the court. Even though we always here how important defense is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Until Favors can unwrap a starburst in his mouth he doesn't deserve to average more than 23 minutes a game.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Damn, I didn't even watch part of the playoffs........wanna know why?
    In one of the Favors highlights, the score was 49-83.
    And then when the youngsters/bench brought the team back in the game, Ty would put the starters back in....rep for posting this.

EDIT- Watched the whole video.....yeah I'm pretty depressed about the Jazz now. He should be starting.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    he's not rotting on the bench. he's our first big off the bench and growing nicely in the role as evidenced by defensive impact, an improved confidence and many more trips to the foul line.
    he would probably foul out in the minutes people around here would like him to be playing.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by salo View Post
    he's not rotting on the bench. he's our first big off the bench and growing nicely in the role as evidenced by defensive impact, an improved confidence and many more trips to the foul line.
    he would probably foul out in the minutes people around here would like him to be playing.
    Favors has started about ten games in his career. How many times did he foul out of those.

He is rotting. In his third year in the league is still right at his career mpg of 21. Does his role increase with good play? Nope. He gets the same minutes every night. Meanwhile other teams are playing their lottery picks and they are growing while the Jazz piss theirs off and let them rot.

We traded our all star for essentially him. Wtf is this team doing. He is in his third year. 21 mpg is inexcusable and unacceptable.

If I'm him i take the qualifying offer from the Jazz to play 1 year. Play careful or have a "nagging injury" keep me out a lot of the year and leave this team and sign with a team that won't waste me away behind mediocre vets.

I'm pissed right now and have been this whole season tbh. In case nobody noticed.
    Last edited by Lattimer; 12-18-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Damn, I didn't even watch part of the playoffs........wanna know why?
    In one of the Favors highlights, the score was 49-83.
    And then when the youngsters/bench brought the team back in the game, Ty would put the starters back in....rep for posting this.

EDIT- Watched the whole video.....yeah I'm pretty depressed about the Jazz now. He should be starting.
    Yes he should.

And trust me he knows it. He doesn't want to give media a story by getting pissed but as a man of few words he's said enough.

He has really only said something about it like twice. I remember the media asking about him starting in this upcoming year and that the Jazz had mentioned this possibly happening this year.

He said " yeah, they said that last year" or something along those lines. Trust me he's sick of it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Favors doesnt play because his offense still has a lot of issues. He seems to have some skill but cant put it together. He makes a lot of mistakes still. Turnovers, Fouls, bad decisions, . He basically is still very raw mentally. His defense is great, but around here, its offense that keeps you on the court. Even though we always here how important defense is.
    I don't understand this argument. Al is not an efficient offensive player. With how much Favors gets to the line I bet their offensive production is about equal when you look at games that Favors started for Al. I can think of the GSW game last year, sixers one and a few others.

Al might be able to get you 20 pts but he takes 20 shots to do it. Is there ANY evidence that Favors couldn't get those pts with that many shots?

No. Effing no.

I think Favors would get 18 and 10 consistently while also not being a statue on D.

And Al shoots through double and triple teams. Is that not as good as a turnover?

In fact. Has Favors ever gotten 18 shots in a game?
    Last edited by Lattimer; 12-18-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Okay just looked at it.

Favors has not started at center this year meaning when he did start it was with Al the ball hog who takes all the shots.

Last year he started 5 games at center when Al was out. Production? He played 34 mpg. And posted :

15.8 pts 11.2 Rebs 1.6 ast 0.6 blk 0.8 stls 51% fg. 76% ft.

How many shots on average? 11

Stop listening to David Locke.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The development of Greg Monroe over the last year has been huge. Played 39 minutes today.

Same draft/ similar player as Favors.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    After the trade deadline, whether one of our players is moved or not, I think our young players will get more time, especially Favors. It seems to be a process of our vets moving out the door.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Down Under Jazz View Post
    The development of Greg Monroe over the last year has been huge. Played 39 minutes today.

Same draft/ similar player as Favors.
    good comparison.
    this what happens, when your coach "penalizes" good production from your young players and bench them ASAP!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It was crazy to see Burks getting time in the playoffs. Wow.

The more we hold these young guns back the worse off we are. It's time to unleash the beasts, and enjoy the ups and downs that will come!
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN