Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,051
    Total Rep Points
    1856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25

    Can We Undo the Will Trade

    He really loves us per the Trib blog today.

  2. #2
    Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,879
    Total Rep Points
    9601
    Rep Adjustment Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    He really loves us per the Trib blog today.
    No he didn't. He said he loved the offense. Really Deron?!? No ****?
    #BAKETHAT*************CAKE

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mr. McGibblets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DC :/
    Posts
    1,244
    Total Rep Points
    7478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Why would we undo it? We got two great bench players (Favors and the Kanter pick) out of it to back up the guys we already had when we traded D-Will? We traded a top 3 PG for two guys who rarely crack above 15-20 mins/night. How can you not love that trade?

    Edited to add - Now if we had sent Corbin packing in the deal I would feel differently.

    Go Jazz.

  4. #4
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,402
    Total Rep Points
    17867
    Rep Adjustment Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post
    Why would we undo it? We got two great bench players (Favors and the Kanter pick) out of it to back up the guys we already had when we traded D-Will? We traded a top 3 PG for two guys who rarely crack above 15-20 mins/night. How can you not love that trade?

    Edited to add - Now if we had sent Corbin packing in the deal I would feel differently.
    Love it.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    29
    I remember him complaining about the Jazz offense system back before he got traded.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,051
    Total Rep Points
    1856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Kosta is averaging 7 points and 6 rebounds for Denver and AK is averaging about 14 and 7 for the TWolves. If we don't make the Big Al trade we keep a boatload of picks and KK and we still have DWill, AK and Fes (probably). Compare that to the line for Marvin WIlliams, Kanter and Favors.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cctrackstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Still Salt Lake.
    Posts
    1,379
    Total Rep Points
    1409
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Sure we could get Deron back. All we need to do is become a big market team. He wasn't dissatisfied because of the offence, he was dissatisfied because being a small market team meant less endorsements and less high level free agents coming to the team for him to pass to.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,051
    Total Rep Points
    1856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Here are the picks we would have had or at least they were drafted in the Jazz spot we gave up. Big Euro dude still in Europe averaing 14 points 9 boards, Malcom Lee playing for UCLA, Terrence Jones playing for the Rockets and we would still have had Burks.

  9. #9
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On the verge
    Posts
    7,025
    Total Rep Points
    19832
    Rep Adjustment Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    Here are the picks we would have had or at least they were drafted in the Jazz spot we gave up. Big Euro dude still in Europe averaing 14 points 9 boards, Malcom Lee playing for UCLA, Terrence Jones playing for the Rockets and we would still have had Burks.
    Huh?

    Donatas Motieijunas has been in Houston but was just reassigned to the D-League, and although I can't tell you where the Rio Grande Valley team plays, I doubt it is Europe.

    Malcom Lee is on the Timberwolves roster, but has a hurt knee and is considering surgery. He was shooting an amazin 38% on fgs this year.

    Terrence Jones was just recalled from the D-League because P. Patterson is hurt. He got to play 7 minuetes in two games and has 0 points and 1 rebound to show for it.
    Out of nowhere, the Utah Jazz are both frightening and fascinating and there is suddenly no limit to their potential. -SBNation 8 march, 2015. ***I booed the Gordon Hayward pick, and clapped for Trey Burke. Now let me tell you what I think the Jazz should do this year.***

  10. #10
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Undecided
    Posts
    11,829
    Total Rep Points
    10639
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    Kosta is averaging 7 points and 6 rebounds for Denver and AK is averaging about 14 and 7 for the TWolves. If we don't make the Big Al trade we keep a boatload of picks and KK and we still have DWill, AK and Fes (probably). Compare that to the line for Marvin WIlliams, Kanter and Favors.
    Hayward > AK... If we wanted to re-sign AK, we would have.
    Kanter > Koufos... Not close and Kanter is only 20.
    Favors + Mo >> DWill

    This doesn't even consider salaries and cost effectiveness.
    Players I like in the 2015 draft:


    Umm... Lyles. Yeah, Lyles.

  11.  

     

  12. #11
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    24,017
    Total Rep Points
    36265
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I remember him complaining about the Jazz offense system back before he got traded.

    Sometimes you do not realise how good something is till you lose it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  13. #12
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,612
    Total Rep Points
    2544
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Hayward > AK... If we wanted to re-sign AK, we would have.
    Kanter > Koufos... Not close and Kanter is only 20.
    Favors + Mo >> DWill

    This doesn't even consider salaries and cost effectiveness.
    Hayward is not better than AK, at least not yet. And Kanter will be better than Koufos, but right now it's close.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,051
    Total Rep Points
    1856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    My "Jazz draft picks" did not include Kenneth Faried who would have been available when that pick came up. I used whoever the other team selected with the pick as a point of observation.

  15. #14
    Eating Souls Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Swat Lake City
    Posts
    18,421
    Total Rep Points
    35834
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    He really loves us per the Trib blog today.
    So that's the reason he rebelled against Sloan and refused to run the plays? Some guys never realize how good they had it until it's gone. Deron is getting EXACTLY what he wanted...teh chance to be "The Man." And what's hilarious is the Nets have a "Big-3" just like he demanded and they still have about the same record as Utah. Deron turned into a cancer. I'm glad he was forcibly excised from the body of the team. Now he infuriate others with his ungrateful, petulant, "MeWill" game.
    "He can say what he wants...we know we have a great organization. He got his stats...and as always, he got the L, too." - Trevor Booker

  16. #15
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    37,226
    Total Rep Points
    36263
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    So that's the reason he rebelled against Sloan and refused to run the plays? Some guys never realize how good they had it until it's gone. Deron is getting EXACTLY what he wanted...teh chance to be "The Man." And what's hilarious is the Nets have a "Big-3" just like he demanded and they still have about the same record as Utah. Deron turned into a cancer. I'm glad he was forcibly excised from the body of the team. Now he infuriate others with his ungrateful, petulant, "MeWill" game.
    I think he wanted more of a balance in the offense instead of just the same thing over and over. I don't think he ever wanted an offense completely dedicated to isolation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •