Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Can We Undo the Will Trade

He really loves us per the Trib blog today.

Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    No he didn't. He said he loved the offense. Really Deron?!? No ****?
    At least we're not Kings fans. Let's do a high five.

You know LA is up in this...Where you at?
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why would we undo it? We got two great bench players (Favors and the Kanter pick) out of it to back up the guys we already had when we traded D-Will? We traded a top 3 PG for two guys who rarely crack above 15-20 mins/night. How can you not love that trade?

Edited to add - Now if we had sent Corbin packing in the deal I would feel differently.

Go Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post
    Why would we undo it? We got two great bench players (Favors and the Kanter pick) out of it to back up the guys we already had when we traded D-Will? We traded a top 3 PG for two guys who rarely crack above 15-20 mins/night. How can you not love that trade?

Edited to add - Now if we had sent Corbin packing in the deal I would feel differently.
    Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I remember him complaining about the Jazz offense system back before he got traded.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kosta is averaging 7 points and 6 rebounds for Denver and AK is averaging about 14 and 7 for the TWolves. If we don't make the Big Al trade we keep a boatload of picks and KK and we still have DWill, AK and Fes (probably). Compare that to the line for Marvin WIlliams, Kanter and Favors.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sure we could get Deron back. All we need to do is become a big market team. He wasn't dissatisfied because of the offence, he was dissatisfied because being a small market team meant less endorsements and less high level free agents coming to the team for him to pass to.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here are the picks we would have had or at least they were drafted in the Jazz spot we gave up. Big Euro dude still in Europe averaing 14 points 9 boards, Malcom Lee playing for UCLA, Terrence Jones playing for the Rockets and we would still have had Burks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here are the picks we would have had or at least they were drafted in the Jazz spot we gave up. Big Euro dude still in Europe averaing 14 points 9 boards, Malcom Lee playing for UCLA, Terrence Jones playing for the Rockets and we would still have had Burks.
    Huh?

Donatas Motieijunas has been in Houston but was just reassigned to the D-League, and although I can't tell you where the Rio Grande Valley team plays, I doubt it is Europe.

Malcom Lee is on the Timberwolves roster, but has a hurt knee and is considering surgery. He was shooting an amazin 38% on fgs this year.

Terrence Jones was just recalled from the D-League because P. Patterson is hurt. He got to play 7 minuetes in two games and has 0 points and 1 rebound to show for it.
    Trey Burke: the reason why intangibles should never take precedent over measurables.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kosta is averaging 7 points and 6 rebounds for Denver and AK is averaging about 14 and 7 for the TWolves. If we don't make the Big Al trade we keep a boatload of picks and KK and we still have DWill, AK and Fes (probably). Compare that to the line for Marvin WIlliams, Kanter and Favors.
    Hayward > AK... If we wanted to re-sign AK, we would have.
    Kanter > Koufos... Not close and Kanter is only 20.
    Favors + Mo >> DWill

This doesn't even consider salaries and cost effectiveness.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I remember him complaining about the Jazz offense system back before he got traded.

Sometimes you do not realise how good something is till you lose it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Hayward > AK... If we wanted to re-sign AK, we would have.
    Kanter > Koufos... Not close and Kanter is only 20.
    Favors + Mo >> DWill

This doesn't even consider salaries and cost effectiveness.
    Hayward is not better than AK, at least not yet. And Kanter will be better than Koufos, but right now it's close.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My "Jazz draft picks" did not include Kenneth Faried who would have been available when that pick came up. I used whoever the other team selected with the pick as a point of observation.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So that's the reason he rebelled against Sloan and refused to run the plays? Some guys never realize how good they had it until it's gone. Deron is getting EXACTLY what he wanted...teh chance to be "The Man." And what's hilarious is the Nets have a "Big-3" just like he demanded and they still have about the same record as Utah. Deron turned into a cancer. I'm glad he was forcibly excised from the body of the team. Now he infuriate others with his ungrateful, petulant, "MeWill" game.
    Lose One More For OKAFOR!

No More Frowns If We Get TOWNS!

Shout Hooray for MUDIAY!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    So that's the reason he rebelled against Sloan and refused to run the plays? Some guys never realize how good they had it until it's gone. Deron is getting EXACTLY what he wanted...teh chance to be "The Man." And what's hilarious is the Nets have a "Big-3" just like he demanded and they still have about the same record as Utah. Deron turned into a cancer. I'm glad he was forcibly excised from the body of the team. Now he infuriate others with his ungrateful, petulant, "MeWill" game.
    I think he wanted more of a balance in the offense instead of just the same thing over and over. I don't think he ever wanted an offense completely dedicated to isolation.
    :^D