Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Moses View Post
    Am I the only one that actually likes Matt Harpring? Seems like so many people bitch about him, but if you listen to other color guys (I now, so racists) then you should be grateful for him. Plus, he usually says things how they are like Barkley but in a very Caucasian way.
    If he just dropped the whole "jazz nation head on a stick signage" ******** and cranked up the honesty and bluntness a few notches he'd be awesome.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    If he just dropped the whole "jazz nation head on a stick signage" ******** and cranked up the honesty and bluntness a few notches he'd be awesome.
    This.

Bolerjack was the worst thing that ever happened to him.

Rep Level
    Sounds to me like even though this was a close game.....it was virtually unwatchable! Both teams had almost as many turnovers as assists.....and the assist totals were very low. Anybody that paid to see this game.....go back and get your change!

Rep Level
    That's true. But he's grown on me.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1372802642

Rep Level
    He would also get fired if he did that.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    He would also get fired if he did that.
    Probly.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    Hahahaha

Awesome.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    I miss Hot Rod. He couldn't hide the disgust in his voice when the Jazz were playing badly.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    So I was eating and watching the game with my wife and right before the break Matt's mic was NOT off and he quoted that very sentenced. Way to go Matt. Way to see how it is but not say it on air.
    well if he did that on the air, he'd get fired but aluded to it several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by richgates View Post
    I miss Hot Rod. He couldn't hide the disgust in his voice when the Jazz were playing badly.
    lol I remember and miss his work on the air.

Rep Level
    People who complain about our announcers have obviously never heard others from around the league.

The only guy who is bad is David Locke. His voice is about as appealing as hearing someone's nails on a chalkboard. But he also never shuts up and gives scores. He prefers to go on and on and on and on about some worthless stat as half the quarter is missed. Then, his "Big Al throws down a big hunk of love" just makes me embarrassed...

Boler, is like the real life version of Ron Burgundy. Just doesn't offer much intellectually. But at least keeps the talk to a decent level (unlike Jeff Van Gundy who never shuts up) and has a good voice. While Matt Harpring, I think, offers great observations and insights. He's a lil bit of a homer but he has to be. But his insights are definitely worth it.

If you were to listen to other announcers, you'd be throwing up after 1 qtr. Most are nothing more than cheerleaders who constantly blame the refs for everything. Every time their team doesn't score, it's because the refs missed it. And every time the other team scores, it's because the refs have it in for their team. Sean Elliot, one of the Spurs announcers, is just completely and utterly pathetic. The Miami guys? Are either dating Lebron or are dating his mom... Either way, it's gross.

I can almost guarantee you that the Nets announcers were complaining about our dirty defense, flopping, moving screens, and Favors fouling throughout that whole 4th quarter. According to them, had the refs not screwed them they would have won by 20. Seriously guys, you need to listen to these other announcers. You don't know how good we have it. The only guys better are those who announce some of thee worst franchises in the league. I remember the Kings announcers being pretty good. And the Raptors... Probably because, there's nothing really to be a homer about and they're used to essentially having to cheer for other teams to keep people listening.
    Lakers Suck.

Rep Level
    Anybody who is sick of Corbin should take a long look at NJ's offense.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    wow, wish i'd heard this.

i know he's a media guy these days but you'd have to think that his frustration is being shared by a few within the organisation.

for all our discussions on here about this player or that, i'd say the bigger concern is our inability to get everyone playing on the same page consistently. i wouldn't necessarily lay the blame on any single player or the coach but eventually the buck will probably have to stop with corbin.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post

I can almost guarantee you that the Nets announcers were complaining about our dirty defense, flopping, moving screens, and Favors fouling throughout that whole 4th quarter. According to them, had the refs not screwed them they would have won by 20. Seriously guys, you need to listen to these other announcers. You don't know how good we have it. The only guys better are those who announce some of thee worst franchises in the league. I remember the Kings announcers being pretty good. And the Raptors... Probably because, there's nothing really to be a homer about and they're used to essentially having to cheer for other teams to keep people listening.
    The Nets have some of the most even handed coverage of any NBA team. I've watched a few broadcasts and it is like watching a National tv game. They hired guys who know their NBA not just "for the home team".

I'm not saying that Utah's broadcasting team isn't one of the teams that has the least amount of homerism, but the nets probably have the least.

Rep Level
    When did he say that? I still have the game on my tivo.

Ok, I went to the 2:44 mark and it was around the point Sap bricked a shot. Harp was bitching (rightly so) about the Jazz doing nothing but pick and rolls and jumpers and questioning whether a team could win in the league doing it (sort of sarcastically since no team can). They then cut to commercial, and I didn't hear anything, and then it came back with Thurl in Salt Lake yacking and the Boler yacking. I didn't even hear the part of him asking if they had an offense.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    When did he say that? I still have the game on my tivo.

Ok, I went to the 2:44 mark and it was around the point Sap bricked a shot. Harp was bitching (rightly so) about the Jazz doing nothing but pick and rolls and jumpers and questioning whether a team could win in the league doing it (sort of sarcastically since no team can). They then cut to commercial, and I didn't hear anything, and then it came back with Thurl in Salt Lake yacking and the Boler yacking. I didn't even hear the part of him asking if they had an offense.
    Ditto. I guess it didn't make it to the tv broadcast. Lucky broadband league pass subscribers...