Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775

    Hey Gaza, congratulations.

    http://pitchfork.com/features/show-n...lbums-of-2012/

    #12 on the pitchfork top 40 metal albums of the year. Good to see SLC getting some recognition.

  2. #2
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,133
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Whoa. Weird thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    I'm a weird dude. Congratulations Numberica, your musical skills are far superior to your basketball logic.

  4. #4
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,735
    Rep Power
    115
    Rep Level
    29564
    Grats. How'd you let a Ballou record it though?
    No Mediocrity

  5. #5
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,133
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    I'm a weird dude. Congratulations Numberica, your musical skills are far superior to your basketball logic.
    Hmm. Thanks?
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Hmm. Thanks?
    Just joking, that was a rude thing to say.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    2225
    Is numberica in Gaza? Also is Kurt Ballou related to Dave? So many plot twists!

  8. #8
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,133
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    Is numberica in Gaza? Also is Kurt Ballou related to Dave? So many plot twists!
    Yes.

    Kurt Ballou is not related to Dave. He is the guitarist of Converge and one of the most brilliant people I have ever met and likely that any of you would meet either. Not hyperbole. A tremendous honor to have worked with him and to know him.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Yes.

    Kurt Ballou is not related to Dave. He is the guitarist of Converge and one of the most brilliant people I have ever met and likely that any of you would meet either. Not hyperbole. A tremendous honor to have worked with him and to know him.
    Pretty awesome to get to work with Kurt, I am truly jealous. I would love to meet Jacob Bannon as well. Once again, I must state I am truly jealous you got to have that experience.

  10. #10
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,133
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Pretty awesome to get to work with Kurt, I am truly jealous. I would love to meet Jacob Bannon as well. Once again, I must state I am truly jealous you got to have that experience.
    It's really weird for me. Very surreal to think about. Jake is one of the realest, nicest people I have ever met. Converge as people are all very nice and genuine people, without taking into account their impact on music, even if it is more depth than breadth. Also, considering that and that they operate as a very continuously successful and respected band, they are all infinitely humble.

    But yeah. Weird. I'm glad there's at least one person here that can appreciate any of what I'm saying or this accolade that you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    2225
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Yes.

    Kurt Ballou is not related to Dave. He is the guitarist of Converge and one of the most brilliant people I have ever met and likely that any of you would meet either. Not hyperbole. A tremendous honor to have worked with him and to know him.
    Not to be that guy, but Dave Ballou is one of the most brilliant people that I have ever met on the internet.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    It's really weird for me. Very surreal to think about. Jake is one of the realest, nicest people I have ever met. Converge as people are all very nice and genuine people, without taking into account their impact on music, even if it is more depth than breadth. Also, considering that and that they operate as a very continuously successful and respected band, they are all infinitely humble.

    But yeah. Weird. I'm glad there's at least one person here that can appreciate any of what I'm saying or this accolade that you mentioned.
    One time I played guitar with Ben Weinman at a guitar center in Dallas. He is really good and really nice. I also suck at guitar.

  13.  

     

  14. #13
    Senior Member Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    17
    Rep Level
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post

    But yeah. Weird. I'm glad there's at least one person here that can appreciate any of what I'm saying or this accolade that you mentioned.
    Hey, don't forget about me Killer show on Saturday, btw. You were right, Full of Hell is ridiculously awesome live.

  15. #14
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,133
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hey, don't forget about me Killer show on Saturday, btw. You were right, Full of Hell is ridiculously awesome live.
    You actually did come to mind! I just don't see you around here much. And yes, Full of Hell RULES. Devilpuke.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •