Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Grantland Q&A with Coach Corbin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    super good. tyco says burks deserves minutes, lets give him a few... plus we were all mentioned too, (as the whinning jazz fan board) lol.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fantastic read. I'm glad that Zach Lowe asked some pertinent questions that fans from this board would have asked. Ty probably defended Al too much and his assessment of his defense left some to be desired, but still a great interview none the less.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Great find! I thought corbins answers were pretty good and sincere for the most part...... It seems like even corbin is on the free alec burks bandwagon.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "Worth noting in the Grantland piece Corbin goes out of his way to mention Alec Burks. Organization is not displeased with him just no time"
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So again Burks has done nothing wrong. This is basically what Corbin said when asked about Burks at the beginning of the season.
    He's doing everything right, but we can't find time for him.

That only makes it worse...
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    So again Burks has done nothing wrong. This is basically what Corbin said when asked about Burks at the beginning of the season.
    He's doing everything right, but we can't find time for him.

That only makes it worse...
    Tyco is creating a monster now as well. now everytime burks gets on the floor it seems like he is trying to do to much. he isnt letting th offence come to him he is forcing it. i think he posts negitive almost everytime he gets on the floor.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    Tyco is creating a monster now as well. now everytime burks gets on the floor it seems like he is trying to do to much. he isnt letting th offence come to him he is forcing it. i think he posts negitive almost everytime he gets on the floor.
    Is creating? He did all right last year but I dont think letting the offense come to him was ever his strong point. If he was getting 25 minutes a night then maybe things might be different but I dont see how TYCO can just chuck him out there to see what happens.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He's trying to "find guys minutes so they can get in a rhythm". How many minutes does a guy like Foye need?
    Ty needs to ask himself which is more important to the future of this team.

One solution is using Foye at the 1, and 2, freeing time for Burks. Foye >= Tinsley

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Is creating? He did all right last year but I dont think letting the offense come to him was ever his strong point. If he was getting 25 minutes a night then maybe things might be different but I dont see how TYCO can just chuck him out there to see what happens.
    i think this is becoming anohter free burks thread.... what i was saying was burks overplays when he is out there cau=use he knows he is only gettting a few minutes. he shoots when he shouldnt shoot and forces things. he looks scatter brain out there. he needs to be slowly and consitantly acclimatted into the offence. thats all i was saying.
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i think this is becoming anohter free burks thread.... what i was saying was burks overplays when he is out there cau=use he knows he is only gettting a few minutes. he shoots when he shouldnt shoot and forces things. he looks scatter brain out there. he needs to be slowly and consitantly acclimatted into the offence. thats all i was saying.
    He takes 1 or two quick jump shots sure, but this is too be expected with a young player. If you watched just him every second he's played this year, and broke it down....you'd see he really isn't forcing it all that much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Notice how it said we have "Three" bigs and not four? Oh, they're talking about the Millsap-at-SF lineup.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He takes 1 or two quick jump shots sure, but this is too be expected with a young player. If you watched just him every second he's played this year, and broke it down....you'd see he really isn't forcing it all that much.
    I dont disagree with you, i think he is a good player. i dont think 3 minutes a game in 3 games shows you a guys potential. but he is shooting like .303 from the floor, i understand he has been sitting all game and it takes time to warm up. i think Tyco needs to jsut give him consistant mins. even if it is only 2 mins at the closing of the quaters. so i am with you all, i am just sharing what i have observed.
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    and 1 or 2 forced shots is alot when he only averages 3 shots a game lol
    ― Jarod Kintz

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    and 1 or 2 forced shots is alot when he only averages 3 shots a game lol
    in 2 minutes