Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I thought we got rid of Andrei

What is it about Gordon Kirilenko that makes me cringe half the time? When he shoots the ball I have no confidence he will make it. When he drives I'm sure he will lose the ball. He does make some nice off the ball blocks and seems to be a better one on one defender than he gets credit for. Sounds a lot like Andrei. I realize Gordon is young but let's hope he continues to develop. At least we can say we aren't paying him 17M.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Day View Post
    What is it about Gordon Kirilenko that makes me cringe half the time? When he shoots the ball I have no confidence he will make it. When he drives I'm sure he will lose the ball. He does make some nice off the ball blocks and seems to be a better one on one defender than he gets credit for. Sounds a lot like Andrei. I realize Gordon is young but let's hope he continues to develop. At least we can say we aren't paying him 17M.
    That's the only part I had a problem with regarding AK.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Gordon could be anywhere near the defensive player AK was I would be very excited. I like Hayward but while he is probably as good at man to man defense than Andrei he's not close to as good at help defense.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16.5 PTs
    8.1 rebounds
    3.1 assists
    1.9 steals
    2.8 blocks
    Started every game
    If Hayward were putting up these stats this year he'd get a max
    Last edited by JayCamjazzfan; 12-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    If Gordon could be anywhere near the defensive player AK was I would be very excited. I like Hayward but while he is probably as good at man to man defense than Andrei he's not close to as good at help defense.
    You mean AK in the early years right? I really wasn't impressed with his every day performance later in his career with us.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Please don't compare Hayward to AK. He is not even close to his level and never be as good as AK was or is.
    People should stop with unrealistic expectations for Hayward to turn into Ginobili, Hornacek or AK. Forget about it.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    You mean AK in the early years right? I really wasn't impressed with his every day performance later in his career with us.
    Nope I meant all of Ak. The only real problem I ever had with AK was the salary.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCamjazzfan View Post
    16.5 PTs
    8.1 rebounds
    3.1 assists
    1.9 steals
    2.8 blocks
    Started every game
    If Hayward were putting up these stats this year he'd get a max
    No he wouldn't. That's not max player stats. It wasn't when AK signed his either. I never liked that contract and I was very disappointed when they signed it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward needs to start missing half of every season, crying to the media, complaining about his role, and disrespecting his hall of fame coach in public (or saying some no name coach in Europe would be better). Then we can compare him to AK.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Hayward needs to start missing half of every season, crying to the media, complaining about his role, and disrespecting his hall of fame coach in public (or saying some no name coach in Europe would be better). Then we can compare him to AK.
    Ah, Hayward just plays video games instead of reading Russian novels. Effect is the same.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Ah, Hayward just plays video games instead of reading Russian novels. Effect is the same.
    When Hayward gets a full color tattoo that covers his whole back, of his character in a video game, then we can talk about it being comparable to AK.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No he wouldn't. That's not max player stats. It wasn't when AK signed his either. I never liked that contract and I was very disappointed when they signed it.
    How is that not max player stats? A small forward that blocks 3 a game, steals 2 and gets 8 boards while putting up 16 points is almost impossible to find nowadays. That is for sure max player stats. Defensive player of the year stats

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCamjazzfan View Post
    How is that not max player stats? A small forward that blocks 3 a game, steals 2 and gets 8 boards while putting up 16 points is almost impossible to find nowadays. That is for sure max player stats. Defensive player of the year stats
    To me a max player is a guy that can carry a team to a victory in the playoffs. A guy with those stats is not that guy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    To me a max player is a guy that can carry a team to a victory in the playoffs. A guy with those stats is not that guy.
    Or at least a guy that can carry a team to the playoffs, right?

AK's best season, the Jazz missed the playoffs. They added more talent after that so they could make the playoffs, and AK cried because he was no longer the best player on the team (and his role was reduced, accordingly).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm hoping for Hayward to turn in to Mike Dunleavy Jr at this point. Sigh.