Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    It is not minor leagues. He won second best league in the world and European championship. It is not like he won some Dleague or NCAA. And you missing fact that he won on multiple levels, with multiple teams with different players and in different countries. Sloan could not do squat until he got lucky with Stockton and Malone. Making playoffs with Deron, Boozer, Okur, Harpring and AK would not have been a difficult task to any coach.
    I guess we should really wait until Sloan is hired again by some scrub team and does his magic there to really judge him. I am really disappointed he did not get Charlotte job, would be perfect situation to test his "greatness".
    Sloan was offered several coaching jobs, including that Charlotte job, and turned them down. Funny, none of these experts at the highest level offered Blatt the job.

We'll see how great Sloan is or isn't when he's coaching the Lakers next year.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Lol, Garnett ess in the prime of his career when he was traded and took a lesser role. Olajuwon was also in the prime of his career when he took a lesser role. David Robinson was in the prime of his career when the Spurs got Duncan and he took a lesser role.

Again, your turn. Show me an example of one who complained, besides AK.
    Now I really question your memory. Olajuwon was nowhere near his prime when Barkley joined Rockets. Garnett as well - and even then I would argue that his role was not that much reduced, he played in same position and same minutes and got more then enough touches... Robinson was in his prime in 1993 not in 1999-2001.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Sloan was offered several coaching jobs, including that Charlotte job, and turned them down. Funny, none of these experts at the highest level offered Blatt the job.

We'll see how great Sloan is or isn't when he's coaching the Lakers next year.
    Looks like you missed the the sad truth. Sloan was never offered any positions, he was interviewed for position at Charlotte and Jordan chose other coach. Sloan never turned down that position.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

Rep Level
    Wow. Completely shocked this thread turned into an AK47 torch holding contest.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Looks like you missed the the sad truth. Sloan was never offered any positions, he was interviewed for position at Charlotte and Jordan chose other coach. Sloan never turned down that position.
    He did not choose a different coach until after Sloan took his name out of consideration. Your right he was not offered the job. Because he turned it down before they did offer it.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.