Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    0

    Still happy we took Baby Face over Paul George?

    O'Conner Whiffed!

  2. #2
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,574
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by D Will Texas View Post
    O'Conner Whiffed!
    So did your mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    704
    Rep Power
    14
    I'll be the first one to admit that I wanted the jazz to take Paul over Hayward no doubt.

  4. #4
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,486
    Rep Power
    58
    I've been thinking lately about how funny it is how confident so many people were that Hayward was the clearly superior player.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

  5. #5
    Senior Member Hekate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    12
    Damn, why doesn't KOC find ways to get Kleiza? We can even give him the MAX.

  6. #6
    Senior Member infection's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,950
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    I'll be the first one to admit that I wanted the jazz to take Paul over Hayward no doubt.
    Seconded. This persisted, however, until I first saw Hayward play in a preseason game against LA and felt he would be a solid player. We'll see where the future takes us. The guys I've really wanted in the past three drafts were Paul, Kanter, Leonard and Lillard. It's bitter-sweet seeing those guys do well.

  7. #7
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,486
    Rep Power
    58
    And for the record and to be fair, Paul George is the best player of that draft. Eight other teams screwed up too.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jazz4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,825
    Rep Power
    25
    Lets not forget George grew almost 2 inches after the draft, extremely rare and totally unpredictable. He goes top 5 had he measured 6'10 at the combine.

  9. #9
    Senior Member infection's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,950
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Lets not forget George grew almost 2 inches after the draft, extremely rare and totally unpredictable. He goes top 5 had he measured 6'10 at the combine.
    I think the underlying issue I have is that ever since Larry Miller got sick, KOC and Greg have, largely, been outsmarted by JazzFanz, a relatively ignorant demographic. I don't mean this specifically in relation to Hayward as I like him quite a bit.

    I find myself in an odd predicament as I've typically been a company guy, but since the death of Larry I honestly feel that a message board of unemployed guys posting from their mom's basement could run the franchise to at least small degree ahead of Kevin and Greg.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edge of insanity
    Posts
    11,671
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I find myself in an odd predicament as I've typically been a company guy, but since the death of Larry I honestly feel that a message board of unemployed guys posting from their mom's basement could run the franchise to at least small degree ahead of Kevin and Greg.
    I do NOT live in my mom's basement.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Rep Power
    24
    With the way Paul George is playing right now, the Washington Wizards should be ticked that they got John Wall in that draft instead of Paul.

  12. #12
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    And for the record and to be fair, Paul George is the best player of that draft. Eight other teams screwed up too.
    Way too early to say other teams screwed up. And no, Paul George is not the best player in that draft.

  13. #13
    Senior Member dipship31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    Way too early to say other teams screwed up. And no, Paul George is not the best player in that draft.
    So who is right now?

  14. #14
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,327
    Rep Power
    19
    Yes







    Ok, not really.

  15.  

     

  16. #15
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by dipship31 View Post
    So who is right now?
    I guess I'm looking at this differently than you guys. Paul George might be the most productive player right now, but he's certainly not the best player in that draft class. He's probably top 5, but I think most GM's would still take Wall, Favors, possibly Turner and Cousins over him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •