Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes I have to admit it bothers me greatly that we picked Hayward instead of George over 3 ****ing years ago.

But that doesn't bother me half as much as the time when I bought a Betamax player instead of a VCR with my First Communion money in 1983 - that decision has torchered me on a dailiy basis.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Its hard to take someone who was pretty average in a really bad conference on a pretty bad team. I saw him play twice in person and he didnt do dick either game. Sure his measurables are there but he looked beyond lazy and really dissinterested in doing anything other than getting a few leak out dunks a game. Don't forget that Gordon had some pretty good measurables also, but he played his ass off every single game, took freaking Butler to the NCAA title game, and appeared like he would be be able to work hard enough to get a lot better. Not saying he isnt working hard, but he isnt progressing as fast as we would like. So, looking back maybe George would have been better, but I think Gordon will turn out just fine.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I was at ESA on draft day and went hoarse booing the Gordon Hayward pick. I still stand by my boo. Patrick Patterson or Paul George would have been a better pick. BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    *hoarse
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Gordan Hayward is canned soup, Paul George is Progresso.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gerald Green had 21 last night for the Pacers and the Jazz could have got him for exactly nothing as he was in the DLeague last year before being signed by the Nets to a couple of 10 day contracts. The Jazz front office blows.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jazzfanz for Utah jazz gm. I sure we would all be happy to continue offering our input for free. But who makes the final call? Do we elect our own leaders inside JF?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    Gerald Green had 21 last night for the Pacers and the Jazz could have got him for exactly nothing as he was in the DLeague last year before being signed by the Nets to a couple of 10 day contracts. The Jazz front office blows.
    So every GM sucks but the Nets and the Pacers I guess?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut some days

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCamjazzfan View Post
    Jazzfanz for Utah jazz gm. I sure we would all be happy to continue offering our input for free. But who makes the final call? Do we elect our own leaders inside JF?
    I think you might be onto something here. Let's run our team with the wisdom of crowds. Done right, I bet we end up making better draft picks this way.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If you compare there stats its not like they are that far off in terms of their numbers. Paul is there main offense and get ALOT of touches. Plus he plays about 11 more mintues per game then Hayward.

I still think Hayward was a hell of a draft pick.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    I guess I'm looking at this differently than you guys. Paul George might be the most productive player right now, but he's certainly not the best player in that draft class. He's probably top 5, but I think most GM's would still take Wall, Favors, possibly Turner and Cousins over him.
    Wall has sucked, Favors hasn't done anything, Turner is only technically in the same league, and Cousins is a turd. We're in the third year, we pretty much know who these players are and the path that they're on. George is better than all of them.

You left out Greg Monroe who is better than most of the players you just mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Perhaps instead of focusing on Baby Face vs George we should focus on why our team sucks so bad defensively? George looked like Lebron and Green looked like Dwade last night.

It really doesn't matter who we drafted (or didn't draft) if our defense puts up little resistance and our offense scores 2 points in the paint... At this point guys like CJ Miles and Mo Almond could torch us for 30...
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My friends and family lol even my kids knew how bad I wanted Paul George. I wasnt in love with Hayward but I was fine with the pick after all was said and done. Lol I should of been more pissed about it in hindsight I was right.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If we drafted George he would have just been benched like Burks. Hayward being white helped him get on the court.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...