Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Can the Corbin and Jefferson Experiment Please End?

Seriously, the Jazz were starting to play so well without Jefferson. Then he comes back and all it takes is one game before Corbin goes back to the "throw it inside to Jefferson offense." I am SO tired of seeing Al get the ball, try to go to his left, get stopped, throw it out, get it back, fake left, then turn baseline right into the double team.

As for Corbin...DAMN! How long before he realizes Kanter, Favors and Burks need more time and Jefferson, Millsap and Foye should be playing less? And what is he teaching these guys...the Sloan defensive system? The one in which the Jazz players just watch the opposing shooters and hope the shots don't go in? How come it's so hard for Utah to get shots off, but opponents can shoot at will? And as Harpring said, do the Jazz even have an offensive system?

I'm seriously hoping the Jazz go on a LONG losing streak and end up missing the playoffs. That's the ONLY way we might see a coaching change and KOC/Lindsey deciding some personnel changes need to be made. Otherwise, it's likely the organization tries to re-sign Jefferson, Foye and Millsap so the Jazz can win 45 games and compete for the 7th-8th seed every year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Seriously, the Jazz were starting to play so well without Jefferson. Then he comes back and all it takes is one game before Corbin goes back to the "throw it inside to Jefferson offense." I am SO tired of seeing Al get the ball, try to go to his left, get stopped, throw it out, get it back, fake left, then turn baseline right into the double team.

As for Corbin...DAMN! How long before he realizes Kanter, Favors and Burks need more time and Jefferson, Millsap and Foye should be playing less? And what is he teaching these guys...the Sloan defensive system? The one in which the Jazz players just watch the opposing shooters and hope the shots don't go in? How come it's so hard for Utah to get shots off, but opponents can shoot at will? And as Harpring said, do the Jazz even have an offensive system?

I'm seriously hoping the Jazz go on a LONG losing streak and end up missing the playoffs. That's the ONLY way we might see a coaching change and KOC/Lindsey deciding some personnel changes need to be made. Otherwise, it's likely the organization tries to re-sign Jefferson, Foye and Millsap so the Jazz can win 45 games and compete for the 7th-8th seed every year.
    Agree.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Phil Jackson.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by miki View Post
    Agree.
    Yup

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We're beating a beated up dead horse

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting. And compelling.

Bringin the heat, Mo. I like it.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We barely went to Jefferson in the post. I don't think we had a post possession until about 5 minutes left in the 1st. We started off the game all high/low getting shots off pin downs. We took a ton of stupid shots that Indy baited us into by stopping the break by conceding offensive boards, but mostly they killed us by frustrating our early offense knowing full well that we don't have a plan in the back half of the clock. We went more to the post with Kanter/Favors than Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    We barely went to Jefferson in the post. I don't think we had a post possession until about 5 minutes left in the 1st. We started off the game all high/low getting shots off pin downs. We took a ton of stupid shots that Indy baited us into by stopping the break by conceding offensive boards, but mostly they killed us by frustrating our early offense knowing full well that we don't have a plan in the back half of the clock. We went more to the post with Kanter/Favors than Al.
    Al couldn't get position with Roy Hibbert on him.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I saw you posting in this and immediately thought "oh ****, JF has poisoned all the sensible posters".
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Al couldn't get position with Roy Hibbert on him.
    Not true. We didn't go post at all and we weren't trying. Ty wanted to run high/low, run flex cuts on the baseline. Rewatch the 1st quarter. The irony is went post a ton with the 2nd unit when we weren't running useless PnR with Hayward. The problem with the half court offense is we don't have cutters and we don't know how to reset.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I saw you posting in this and immediately thought "oh ****, JF has poisoned all the sensible posters".
    No, but you have to admit that Ty still has a lot of work to do figuring out how to make our half court offense more dynamic. With the bigs we have, we should run a lot of high/low. We should go post a lot. But I'm tired of watching 1) nobody move on post possessions; 2) nobody cut (except Marvin on the baseline recently); and 3) not having one single play to run from 10 seconds down.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    We're beating a beated up dead horse
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not true. We didn't go post at all and we weren't trying. Ty wanted to run high/low, run flex cuts on the baseline. Rewatch the 1st quarter. The irony is went post a ton with the 2nd unit when we weren't running useless PnR with Hayward. The problem with the half court offense is we don't have cutters and we don't know how to reset.
    Hibbert was getting position down low every time in the first quarter. Maybe that's why we didn't go to Al.
    Our half-court offense sucked. I thought Ty shoulda brought in Jamaal Tinsley to help fix some of it rather than going for Watson's crazy pace.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Think how good this team would be if Pops had it?

Hell, just think how good we'd be if Vogel, Tibs, or hell, the NY Knicks Woodson were coaching us!?
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Think how good this team would be if Pops had it?

Hell, just think how good we'd be if Vogel, Tibs, or hell, the NY Knicks Woodson were coaching us!?
    That is too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?