Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 227
  1. #211
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,440
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44202
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTappin View Post
    I've been one of those who wanted to give Ty a chance...but not any more. His rotations stink & it's killing us. We have no identity because the rotation is all over the place. Cold guys play & the hot hands get tied behind their backs. It's not working!

    One other issue I see is this: who would come coach here who's much better?
    I just don't see the basketball mind in Ty. There are many great coaches out there. Hell, I'd even go after Brad Stevens.

    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Whatever happens, we MUST keep Jefferson. He's a special player. What other top-5 BIG can score 6 points (on 8 shots) and be basically invisible in 32 minutes?
    You were barely ahead of me with Al.. but we've been together on this for a very long time.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  2.  

     

  3. #212
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,440
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44202
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    So in other words you need to be strapped down Clockwork Orange style and watch the Jazz.
    Video that **** and I'll split screen with the Jazz games.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  4. #213
    Senior Member Tarkanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Turkey currently
    Posts
    852
    Rep Power
    17
    Rep Level
    2537
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Fesenko....... K. Fesenko
    Fesenko would have fouled out in 32 minutes,
    so;
    his presence would have been felt, at the very least!
    (thanks to one or two hard fouls inside etc..)

  5. #214
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    15,534
    Rep Power
    128
    Rep Level
    33519
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    More Tinsley, less Watson, not that it matters a whole lot.
    This
    It is quite clear that tinsley is better than watson... especially when he his making his 3 point shot.

  6. #215
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    15,534
    Rep Power
    128
    Rep Level
    33519
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Video that **** and I'll split screen with the Jazz games.
    Lol, i had a similar thought when i read nates post.
    Would rep ya but not allowed currently.

  7. #216
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,425
    Rep Power
    64
    Rep Level
    15265
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I'm REALLY trying to give Ty a chance and be patient with this whole process, but his rotations are insanely dumb.
    His idea of letting players know when they're going to play is something that the front office can and should fire him for. It's stupid. If players are struggling or doing great, rotations need to change.

    If Big Al can't post up on a center-less team and looks 3 steps slower than the other team, give him 10 minutes. He doesn't deserve minutes.
    If Foye can't hit a shot and lets his man go by, give his minutes to Burks or AT LEAST Hayward.
    If Marvin Williams is doing good, don't bench him until he's tired. You do the same with Big Al, why not anyone else!?!? Marvin needs more spot ups and post ups, not Al!
    If the offense looks bad, go with Tinsley. If it looks good and the defense is bad, go with Watson.
    Don't F*$&%*ing do a 2 day weird ass substitution pattern with your backup PG's based on your theory of letting players know when they're going to play. They're YOUR players, man up!
    Except this is not always true. It could be argued at hat the Jazz' best player is Millsap and during the Nets game Corbin benched him for Favors and we won the game. It was the right decision and we got the right outcome.

    I just don't understand the inconsistency with the rotations. Some games he gets creative and the outcome is pleasant. Other games he seems to be a robot regardless of the production on he floor and we lose. It is just getting to be too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  8. #217
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,425
    Rep Power
    64
    Rep Level
    15265
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    How is Locke going to try and convince everyone that it wasn't the starters?
    http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjaz...fall-in-miami/

    Here are some of the highlights from this:

    • If Al Jefferson is the corner stone to the offense he needs to fight for position more than he did tonight and the Jazz need to react better to the backside pressure that he was receiving tonight.
    • In the last 15 games in all but one when Al Jefferson shoots above 50% we win and when he shoots below 50% we lose – he is shooting a career low 47% on the season.
    • Miami is better than the Jazz, they are an elite level championship team. The Jazz have a lot work to do to be at that level and don’t have any of that type of fire power. The Jazz win in Orlando and they are a game above .500 after playing 18 of 29 on the road and if they can stay with their head above water they can make a playoff push wit
    That is exactly how that is written. I didn't do any adjusting at all.

    This is the one part that brought a smile to my face:

    • One of the high points of the game was when the Heat went back to their main guys LeBron, Wade and Chalmers and the Jazz had Hayward, Favors, Kanter all on the floor and they held their own for about 5 minutes
    All in all he was not being the Alpologist (or team apologist) that I have come to expect the last two seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  9. #218
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,132
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I just don't see the basketball mind in Ty. There are many great coaches out there. Hell, I'd even go after Brad Stevens.
    Whoa. You stealing my thunder? I don't know that he'd leave Butler, but dude has the MIND, and has it pat. Whether he's got the nuts and mind to manage a locker room of paid professionals (and paid amateurs) is also another ?
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  10. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    ^

    Highly, highly doubt it.

  11. #220
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,132
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    I'm still not convinced Ty doesn't have the mind, but if you can't command a locker room, literally nothing you know about basketball will matter. And so far, that's what we've been watching in the Ty Corbin era. The gutsiest thing he's done is close games without Millsap, who also happens to be the best soldier on the team, at least given his tenure, ability, and contribution over the years.

    Anyone remember what happened the last time the coaching staff gave up on Al in Miami?
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  12. #221
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,132
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    If the Jazz are so hell-bent on convincing everyone that Ty was the right hire, then they need to ****ing step up and help him make the right decisions and trade ****TY ****ING AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  13. #222
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    7,880
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Level
    11196
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I'm REALLY trying to give Ty a chance and be patient with this whole process, but his rotations are insanely dumb.
    His idea of letting players know when they're going to play is something that the front office can and should fire him for. It's stupid. If players are struggling or doing great, rotations need to change.

    If Big Al can't post up on a center-less team and looks 3 steps slower than the other team, give him 10 minutes. He doesn't deserve minutes.
    If Foye can't hit a shot and lets his man go by, give his minutes to Burks or AT LEAST Hayward.
    If Marvin Williams is doing good, don't bench him until he's tired. You do the same with Big Al, why not anyone else!?!? Marvin needs more spot ups and post ups, not Al!
    If the offense looks bad, go with Tinsley. If it looks good and the defense is bad, go with Watson.
    Don't F*$&%*ing do a 2 day weird ass substitution pattern with your backup PG's based on your theory of letting players know when they're going to play. They're YOUR players, man up!


    I feel your pain.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  14. #223
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,440
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44202
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Whoa. You stealing my thunder? I don't know that he'd leave Butler, but dude has the MIND, and has it pat. Whether he's got the nuts and mind to manage a locker room of paid professionals (and paid amateurs) is also another ?
    Generally, players respond much better to a coach that knows the game more than a coach that can intimidate. Brad Stevens would do fine because he would command respect with his IQ. Coach K is a little weasel, but the NBA guys respect his coaching ability. I think being VERY bright and being able to articulate your thoughts are crucial to being a top coach.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  15. #224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4567
    Put me on the Brad Stevens bandwagon.

    ****, man, it feels like any dreams for alternative coaching scenarios are paths that lead directly and solely to frustration.

  16. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4567
    Wouldn't it be interesting to see what Hayward could do in an offense that actually seemed to give a **** about him?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •