View Poll Results: How much better would they be?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 games better

1 2.38%
  • 5 games better

27 64.29%
  • undefeated

3 7.14%
  • same

11 26.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

What would the Jazz record be if Sloan was still HC?

Same team, same schedule, etc. etc.

-If you think the team would be worse off then respond in the thread with your reasons why.
    Last edited by Beantown; 12-20-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    10 games better we would be 24-3 and 5 games better we would be 19-8.

Between same and 5 games better

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would say that there are only 3 games that Jazz lost that might be W's. Sacramento, Phoenix, Memphis.

Now W's that might be loses had Sloan coached is harder. The Jazz offense sometimes goes stale, but is kept alive by the chucking of Mo, Marvin, Gordon and Foye. Foye and Mo arent shooting 7 threes each during a Sloan coached game so the jazz would score less, but Sloan's coaching might be enough to overcome the weak offense, thereby producing a more effiecent offense that does not rely on the 3pta. Without the 3pt shot I don't think the Jazz beat the spurs or LAL.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    where is the option " 5 games worse"?
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    where is the option " 5 games worse"?
    read the main post.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sloan would have already slit his throat and been done with it! He's through fooling with these knot-head, uncoachable numbnuts!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sloan would have worse record as he would not use our 3 point shooters as much as Corbin does. He would not know what to to do with this team as there is not enough pick and roll capable players, not enough slashers and passing from the post is atrocious. Plus Sloan would reverse defensive philosophy back to forcing defenders to the middle instead of baseline which would result in more fouls and pts in the paint against us.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Better question is- What would Sloan do with a guy like Favors?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think we would be about 5 (about = 4-6) games better.

Some possible wins.
    @ NOH
    @ Philly
    @ Boston
    @ PHX
    Clips
    Memphis
    @ SacTown
    @HOU
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I said 5 but I think that is a little more or a little less than reality in the hypothetical world.

Even Sloan would have benched Jeffersuck like crazy for not making opposing players "earn" their points. Instead Jefferson gets away with thinking that he is too important to defend the basket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sloan would have worse record as he would not use our 3 point shooters as much as Corbin does. He would not know what to to do with this team as there is not enough pick and roll capable players, not enough slashers and passing from the post is atrocious. Plus Sloan would reverse defensive philosophy back to forcing defenders to the middle instead of baseline which would result in more fouls and pts in the paint against us.
    Sloan knew how to use true 3pt shooters when he had them (Hornacek). Wouldn't need the 3pt shot as much with a true vision on offense. Al would have been forced to play defense or ride the bench

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He would also start Favors which would make forcing players to the middle effective. Let's face it our defense is not better now that we are forcing the other way. In fact we are giving up more easy baskets than I ever saw under a Sloan coached team.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt.mac.1981 View Post
    Sloan knew how to use true 3pt shooters when he had them (Hornacek). Wouldn't need the 3pt shot as much with a true vision on offense. Al would have been forced to play defense or ride the bench
    He had best 3 pts shooter in NBA Korver and still almost never run plays for him. Sloan was quoted numerous times that he does not like 3 pt shot as primary option and it should only happen as alternative when inside attack and layup is taken away by defense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Same. Or slightly better. The only thing I can see Sloan doing better is motivating more with his iron fist type of ruling. I dont see him doing much different with the youngs guys. In fact I could see him playing them less. Sloan wouldnt have let the bench go as ling as Corbin does. Sloan was very routine with when he made substitutions.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sloan would play AJ/Sap more minutes. We wouldn't shoot or guard the three.