Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,301
    Total Rep Points
    7490
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42

    Deron ripped in NJ article.

    "This has less to do with how you play — which is bad enough, you readily admit nowadays — than how you act, which is just one evening gown shy of a diva. And by now you may have sensed that everyone around you seems unwilling to share their candid observations with you.
    We heard you blame your troubles on coach Avery Johnson, and pine for the days when that wise old crank in Utah ran stuff that was better suited to your individual skills.
    Trust us: The national response was raucous laughter, because you were the guy responsible for getting Jerry Sloan to decide after 27 years that he’d rather live with his 30 tractors in McLeansboro, Ill., than put up with your insubordination."

    http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandro..._river_default

    Wow. We dodged a bullet there. Would anyone trade Marvin, Kanter, Favors and the GS pick for Deron and his 100 million?

    Didn't think so. I feel bad for the guy. I guess the grass isn't always greener.

  2. #2
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,770
    Total Rep Points
    6745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    I could have told Deron 3 years ago that the NY/NJ media would carve him up if he pulled the same antics that he pulled in Utah.

    He should only be glad he plays for the second fiddle team in this town otherwise it would probably be 10X worse.

  3. #3
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    17,416
    Total Rep Points
    39341
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Would anyone trade Marvin, Kanter, Favors and the GS pick for Deron and his 100 million?

    Hell no.... that question is the best way to illustrate that the jazz got the better deal in the trade.
    Repped.

  4.  

     

  5. #4
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Total Rep Points
    2772
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    I remember defending D-Will when he was on the Jazz. I always claimed that he was better than CP3, and that he would have a longer and better career than CP3. Now that he is gone, I realize how big of a homer I was/am.

  6. #5
    Senior Member JGolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,461
    Total Rep Points
    2337
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    I remember defending D-Will when he was on the Jazz. I always claimed that he was better than CP3, and that he would have a longer and better career than CP3. Now that he is gone, I realize how big of a homer I was/am.
    if he would of stayed in utahs system you would and all of us would have been right, he would have had a longer better more stable career.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz


  7. #6
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,388
    Total Rep Points
    15774
    Rep Adjustment Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    I remember defending D-Will when he was on the Jazz. I always claimed that he was better than CP3, and that he would have a longer and better career than CP3. Now that he is gone, I realize how big of a homer I was/am.
    Reality changes. Deron was still better, IMO. How he plays now shouldn't impact how what he HAS done is seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  8. #7
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On my way to greater things.
    Posts
    5,763
    Total Rep Points
    15021
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    This could be the start of a very bad ending. Deron's typical response to criticism was to attack the media guy. In Utah it worked, because nobody wanted to get cut out of the Deron interviews. In New York they will kill him. They can roll over Deron and move on to the next story.

    The articel was great, it called it like it is, an it left Deron with only one out....perform.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

  9. #8
    Senior Member vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    687
    Total Rep Points
    780
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/sports...rticle/1674392
    found this yesterday too. Definitely the right move for the jazz unless he changes drastically.
    Chop it!!!

  10. #9
    Senior Member vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    687
    Total Rep Points
    780
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Reality changes. Deron was still better, IMO. How he plays now shouldn't impact how what he HAS done is seen.
    imho his wrist/ankle and possibly attitude were already affecting his play before he left. I believed that would be resolved at the time. at this juncture it has gotten worse.

    I do agree that he used to belong in the best pg discussion.
    Chop it!!!

  11. #10
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,709
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    I remember defending D-Will when he was on the Jazz. I always claimed that he was better than CP3, and that he would have a longer and better career than CP3. Now that he is gone, I realize how big of a homer I was/am.
    HOMER!!! I was the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  12. #11
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Total Rep Points
    2772
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Reality changes. Deron was still better, IMO. How he plays now shouldn't impact how what he HAS done is seen.
    Deron was better for a year or two (and I think that is debatable), but I think CP3's body of work will eventually be better than Deron's (I'm not so sure that this will be debatable in the future.).

  13. #12
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,770
    Total Rep Points
    6745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    I thought Deron was clearly the better PG from around the playoffs in 2007 until the year they traded him.

    I don't know if it's the ankle/wrist problems or he lost the chip he had on his shoulder that he always seemed to play with; but he's not the same player.

  14. #13
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Total Rep Points
    2772
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I thought Deron was clearly the better PG from around the playoffs in 2007 until the year they traded him.

    I don't know if it's the ankle/wrist problems or he lost the chip he had on his shoulder that he always seemed to play with; but he's not the same player.
    CP3 was superior statistically. When you state that Deron was "clearly" better, you are making that claim from subjective emotion (homerism). I understand. I felt the same way. Deron also dominated the one on one matchups with CP3 as well which would have influenced our "perspective".

  15. #14
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,770
    Total Rep Points
    6745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    CP3 had (slightly) better numbers per 36 but he played on a different team in a different system with less offensive weapons and without a point forward like AK47 who was a top shelf passer. We can grind the numbers forever; but I won't bother because we've all been there.

    I'll just say plenty of folks thought DW was the best PG in the league from 2007-2010 - not just Jazz fans. And while that opinion was certainly open to debate - it certainly wasn't considered an outlandish comment either.

  16. #15
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,725
    Total Rep Points
    -662
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    "This has less to do with how you play — which is bad enough, you readily admit nowadays — than how you act, which is just one evening gown shy of a diva. And by now you may have sensed that everyone around you seems unwilling to share their candid observations with you.
    We heard you blame your troubles on coach Avery Johnson, and pine for the days when that wise old crank in Utah ran stuff that was better suited to your individual skills.
    Trust us: The national response was raucous laughter, because you were the guy responsible for getting Jerry Sloan to decide after 27 years that he’d rather live with his 30 tractors in McLeansboro, Ill., than put up with your insubordination."

    http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandro..._river_default

    Wow. We dodged a bullet there. Would anyone trade Marvin, Kanter, Favors and the GS pick for Deron and his 100 million?

    Didn't think so. I feel bad for the guy. I guess the grass isn't always greener.

    Just shows to go ya.....the NBA has gone to hades and a hand basket! The inmates are running the asylum! Don't know what happen to Deron's jumpshot, but it was heading south long before we traded the buzzard. You want my real opinion? It's the ink.....all that jailhouse tat ink! Destroyed his brain cells and his jumpshot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •