Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bhaha

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz
    Avery wasn’t lying: Corbin said the Nets got two layups Tues., including one by DWill, “on two of our sets.”

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I seriously think Deron is bipolar. Monson on 1280 ripped Deron and said you talk to him one minute, he's the nicest guy in the world, the next, a complete jerk. Monson said he heard Deron say "I hate Jerry Sloan". Deron's pride ran a muck after he got his max contract in Utah. Before Deron knows it, his career will be almost over, he may end up bouncing around to a couple of different teams, and he will have his pride to blame for his lack of success. The New York media is going to kill him.
    Last edited by sojodave; 12-20-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Im just curious. If he bacame available. would you want the jazz to go after him. me and my wife are debating that now.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_junkie View Post
    Im just curious. If he bacame available. would you want the jazz to go after him. me and my wife are debating that now.
    Yes. He has a different perspective on Utah. I wouldn't give much to get him though. Millsap, Jeffreson and anyone else on the team older than 25 is available but no one under that and only second round picks will be given by the Jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ....Jazz wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole! He's a max salary guy with a NBA minimum game! Forgetaboutit!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    His health and the $ remaining would easily be my biggest concerns. Without taking any other negative factor into consideration, those would make me think long and hard about wanting him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I guess the grass isn't always greener.

Oh but the grass is greener in Dwills house.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Oh but the grass is greener in Dwills house.
    The grass is pretty damn green in my house as well.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I doubt Dwill gives a **** what the media thinks. He went to a bigger market, but I don't think he did it for the media love/attention. I think he just wanted the draw of a big market to attract big time players.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I doubt Dwill gives a **** what the media thinks. He went to a bigger market, but I don't think he did it for the media love/attention. I think he just wanted the draw of a big market to attract big time players.
    .....to the contrary, I guess he does care since he blabbed to the media what he thinks of his coach and has voiced his malcontent! Nobody wants to play for the Brooklyn Nets or the N.J. Nets! If Howard goes there it won't make that much difference, either! Notice how great he's turned out for the Lakers?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Uggghhh. This story about Deron just seems to get worse everyday. How low can it go?

I dont get it. He was really good once upon a time. It wasnt just homerism, why we thought he was better than CP3. This was a guy who was out dueling Carmelo Anthony in the playoffs just a few years back. Our eyes and memories dont deceive us. I dont even think that his success has as much to do with Sloan as even he is making it out to be. Dont get me wrong, it was good for him, but he would have done just as well on another good team.

It has to be a combination of things. His wrist and ankle are probably not doing so well. We may know he has though injuries, but if a player is smart and wants to keep his earning potential, you probably down play it some. Maybe his wrist is totally screwed. It might hurt all the time, and then maybe he has become addicted to pain pills trying to cope with it. Im just speculating but its a possibility. Also, money and fame can derail someone pretty good. Maybe he is now a big time party goer instead of a dedicated pro.

I dont know what to think about it all. I was a big fan of his game once upon a time. Now he is borderline garbage. Shooting sub 40% ? WTF is that?

Dont be shocked if years down the road we hear the truth come out about him using drugs or going through a divorce or something like that. This isnt all about coach Avery's system and the losing culture of the nets. The old Deron would have been running that team just fine.

As a once upon a time fan of Deron I would like to see him turn it around and pull it together. He needs to conquer those demons.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lol hack.

Deron on drugs?
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I dont even think that his success has as much to do with Sloan as even he is making it out to be. Dont get me wrong, it was good for him, but he would have done just as well on another good team.
    Never underestimate the effect playing for Jerry had on players. How many players went on to do better, bigger things after playing for him? I'm not talking fringe rookies like Austin and MoWill whom we never played, I'm talking about players in the first 6-7 spots of the rotation. Who exactly lit up the league after being let go/leaving the Jazz? Shandon Anderson? Eisley? Brewer? Boozer? Felton Spencer?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Jerry was definitely good for him. As a rookie, if he'd ended up with a coach like Avery Johnson, what would have happened? He'd have become frustrated just like he is now, with numbers worse (as a rookie) than he's getting now. Like he said, he was used to structure in high school & college, and he had it again here that suited his play. Of course maybe he'd have had time to get used to the style of play he's in by now, who knows. But I think Jerry helped make him the player he is...or was.

I do kinda feel bad for him. It seems he'll be discontented pretty much wherever he goes, eventually. He was great for us and Utah was probably the perfect place for him. Too bad he didn't see that when he was still here. We can't feel bad about who we've got now without him, though.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Lol hack.

Deron on drugs?
    Haha. Well.... how else do you explain the huge drop off. I dont think people understand the pain pill epidemic. I also hurt my wrist playing ball before. Its quite a painful injury. Its a lot worse than what people would expect. That injury kept me up night after night for like 3 months. I have had a lot of injuries and that was one of the most painful. So I could see him getting addicted to pain pills. Its not out of the realm.