Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    5,313
    Total Rep Points
    11644
    Rep Adjustment Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Haha. Well.... how else do you explain the huge drop off. I dont think people understand the pain pill epidemic. I also hurt my wrist playing ball before. Its quite a painful injury. Its a lot worse than what people would expect. That injury kept me up night after night for like 3 months. I have had a lot of injuries and that was one of the most painful. So I could see him getting addicted to pain pills. Its not out of the realm.
    I love this guy.

  2. #32
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,219
    Total Rep Points
    14845
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Haha. Well.... how else do you explain the huge drop off. I dont think people understand the pain pill epidemic. I also hurt my wrist playing ball before. Its quite a painful injury. Its a lot worse than what people would expect. That injury kept me up night after night for like 3 months. I have had a lot of injuries and that was one of the most painful. So I could see him getting addicted to pain pills. Its not out of the realm.
    Holy ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  3. #33
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    916
    Total Rep Points
    1368
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Haha. Well.... how else do you explain the huge drop off. I dont think people understand the pain pill epidemic. I also hurt my wrist playing ball before. Its quite a painful injury. Its a lot worse than what people would expect. That injury kept me up night after night for like 3 months. I have had a lot of injuries and that was one of the most painful. So I could see him getting addicted to pain pills. Its not out of the realm.
    let's assume that it is true, why then he signed 5yr/max contract? i know, that's a dumb question ))

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,304
    Total Rep Points
    1032
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Put DWill on the Clips and replace CP3 with him and I think he would do just fine.

  5. #35
    I Love Warm Hugs Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,464
    Total Rep Points
    25055
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Hmmm...guy signs MAX contract, then stats go down while attitude sours. Haven't we seen this before from a now ex-Jazzman NOT named Deron?

    I think Deron lost his work ethic. He was mad about not starting his first year and played with a chip on his shoulder. He was mad CP3 was getting all the attention and set out to prove he was better. He got to the top (or pretty close to it), then turned into the egotistical "MeWill" who thought he was above coaching. Injuries have certainly played a part, but I think he just stopped working as hard on his game and conditioning. Remember the photo taken of him the summer before trade, when he was doing flips into the water? He looked a bit pudgy. And one of the articles linked to previously talks about his very light shoot-arounds. I just don't think he has the drive or work ethic right now. Until that becomes more important than just his fat wallet, his production will remain down. Maybe he needs a year playing in Russia to make him hungry for the NBA again.

  6. #36
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    916
    Total Rep Points
    1368
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Hmmm...guy signs MAX contract, then stats go down while attitude sours. Haven't we seen this before from a now ex-Jazzman NOT named Deron?

    I think Deron lost his work ethic. He was mad about not starting his first year and played with a chip on his shoulder. He was mad CP3 was getting all the attention and set out to prove he was better. He got to the top (or pretty close to it), then turned into the egotistical "MeWill" who thought he was above coaching. Injuries have certainly played a part, but I think he just stopped working as hard on his game and conditioning. Remember the photo taken of him the summer before trade, when he was doing flips into the water? He looked a bit pudgy. And one of the articles linked to previously talks about his very light shoot-arounds. I just don't think he has the drive or work ethic right now. Until that becomes more important than just his fat wallet, his production will remain down. Maybe he needs a year playing in Russia to make him hungry for the NBA again.
    no way Beshiktash will allow this

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Lol hack.

    Deron on drugs?
    He's on weed dog

  8. #38
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,134
    Total Rep Points
    19962
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Hmmm...guy signs MAX contract, then stats go down while attitude sours. Haven't we seen this before from a now ex-Jazzman NOT named Deron?

    I think Deron lost his work ethic. He was mad about not starting his first year and played with a chip on his shoulder. He was mad CP3 was getting all the attention and set out to prove he was better. He got to the top (or pretty close to it), then turned into the egotistical "MeWill" who thought he was above coaching. Injuries have certainly played a part, but I think he just stopped working as hard on his game and conditioning. Remember the photo taken of him the summer before trade, when he was doing flips into the water? He looked a bit pudgy. And one of the articles linked to previously talks about his very light shoot-arounds. I just don't think he has the drive or work ethic right now. Until that becomes more important than just his fat wallet, his production will remain down. Maybe he needs a year playing in Russia to make him hungry for the NBA again.
    That's probably part of it too. He does look pudgy. Probably from smoking weed, popping pills, and eating munchies.

  9.  

     

  10. #39
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,219
    Total Rep Points
    14845
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    He's always looked pudgy. Different body types.

    I'll give it to you, Hack, no one's had the balls to suggest Deron's addicted to pain pills. I think it's lunacy and that there are several other explanations that have been offered and still being discussed that are more sensible, but you offered a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  11. #40
    Senior Member yamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,580
    Total Rep Points
    1318
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    lmao at this ****.

    deron addicted to pills? is it possible? but you guys are seriously speculating this much into that ****?

  12. #41
    In Pursuit of #PKM UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ŁĄŁ
    Posts
    31,200
    Total Rep Points
    43058
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Maybe Deron has gotten into dog fighting and the guilt is getting to him, thus effecting him on the court.
    #lol

  13. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,112
    Total Rep Points
    2425
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Deron will be fine. And the Nets will sort out their troubles. I will always root for him because no matter what stupid things he says, he genuinely wants to win more than most players. And he's crazy clutch.

    But he made a catastrophic mistake when he signed with Brooklyn. He's such a perfect Carlysle player and he knew Dallas was going to be in position to rebuild with cap space. It seems pretty clear he was too concerned about another year of not being on a playoff team rather than picking the best situation to win longterm.

    I think his comments now are partially about Johnson's system, but mostly buyer's remorse.

  14. #43
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,134
    Total Rep Points
    19962
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    m.nydailynews.com/1.1193997


    It was hurting really bad in the Olympics, swelled up in the Olympics. So, I had to get on some pills, and we’ve been just trying to strengthen it and get it loose,” Williams said. “But it just seems like throughout the course of a game, it never gets loose.





    Here is quote from Deron himself. And link to the story.

    Just some proof to back up my claims

  15. #44
    Senior Member yamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,580
    Total Rep Points
    1318
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    deron is just a bitch PLAIN and simple.

    huge mother ****ing ***** ass bitch who bad mouthed jerry sloan. **** HIM. wish him nothing but the worst.

  16. #45
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,219
    Total Rep Points
    14845
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    m.nydailynews.com/1.1193997


    It was hurting really bad in the Olympics, swelled up in the Olympics. So, I had to get on some pills, and we’ve been just trying to strengthen it and get it loose,” Williams said. “But it just seems like throughout the course of a game, it never gets loose.





    Here is quote from Deron himself. And link to the story.

    Just some proof to back up my claims
    And now for the two years leading up to the Olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •