Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BIG-Al hate

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Hate is such a strong word....
    so close to accurate though... most days that is...
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's because he's junk. Fool's gold. See Locke's rant about Antawn Jamison and explain to me how it doesn't apply to Al. He had a chance to prove he could be a scorer and contributor on a winning team, and went ahead and proved all the naysayers right as ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Boston took Indianapolis to 7 games in round 1 2005, Al's rookie year. FYI JF.

Fans cannot or intentionally refuse to see the value Jefferson has to the Jazz's success. Which is fine. More and more what he is doing that I appreciate is absorbing so much of the inevitable deluge of fan negativity which every team has to deal with. As long as Al is on the team the young bigs are relatively inviolate and in particular, free from the pressure of carrying the team.

Merry Christmas, Al.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Boston took Indianapolis to 7 games in round 1 2005, Al's rookie year. FYI JF.
    Cool technicality, bro. That he averaged under 20 mpg and 6 ppg on 41% shooting can't have had any relevance. Or that it was the first round and Indy wasn't very good and had a record one game separate from Boston.

But yeah, BIG AL carried that team to mediocrity on his back and 6.7 ppg. Let's extend him.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Cool technicality, bro. That he averaged under 20 mpg, 6 ppg on 41% shooting can't have had any relevance. Or that it was the first round and Indy wasn't very good and had a record one game separate from Boston.

But yeah, BIG AL carried that team to mediocrity on his back and 6.7 ppg. Let's extend him.
    One of your weakest posts I've ever seen. Sad. Rooks selected outside the lottery aren't typically expected to "carry" a team, as I am sure you know very well. Hope you have a good end of the world day, Numbs.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One of your weakest posts I've ever seen. Sad. Rooks selected outside the lottery aren't typically expected to "carry" a team, as I am sure you know very well. Hope you have a good end of the world day, Numbs.
    Don't give me a lecture about cherry picking. You're the genius that thought cherry picking irrelevance was the key to winning a losing argument. Fix your sarcasm detector.

Sad.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Getting down on me doesn't make that post look good bud.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Getting down on me doesn't make that post look good bud.
    One of your weakest posts I've ever seen. Sad.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    C'mon Tiger. I've done much worse than that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    C'mon Tiger. I've done much worse than that.
    I believe you. Hug?
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You got it big guy. I'll get you a bighead Al dartboard for Xmas.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If I could put in a request for a voodoo doll and then ship it to Portland, Sacramento, Oakland, LA, Phoenix, Denver, OKC, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Charlotte, DC, Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, or Minnesota, then awesome. Please.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    If I could put in a request for a voodoo doll and then ship it to Portland, Sacramento, Oakland, LA, Phoenix, Denver, OKC, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Charlotte, DC, Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, or Minnesota, then awesome. Please.
    That seems extremely masochistic, Ace. Aside from the narcissism involved with believing somebody in every one of those towns wants to spend time with a Numbs doll.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    This Guy is a Top 5 Big in the NBA, every team would love to have a BIG presence in the paint like AL. This guy has amazing foot work and his jumper is magnificent for a guy his size. Also why is so much hatred around this guy ?

Then why won't anyone trade anything of value to get him?
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I don't hate him just don't want him on the team anymore. He does more harm then hood for this jazz team, and doesn't fit what the jazz are trying to do.
    I don't disagree with your opinion, but I do question your rationale. I've seen no evidence that the Jazz have a damn clue as to what they are trying to do, so maybe Al does "fit."
    Last edited by Ellipse; 12-22-2012 at 04:34 AM.