Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BIG-Al hate

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    I don't disagree with your opinion, but I do question your rationale. I've seen no evidence that the Jazz have a damn clue as to what they are trying to do, so maybe Al does "fit."
    Ha, excellent point.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Boston took Indianapolis to 7 games in round 1 2005, Al's rookie year. FYI JF.

Rep Level
    Boston took Indianapolis to 7 games in round 1 2005, Al's rookie year. FYI JF.

Fans cannot or intentionally refuse to see the value Jefferson has to the Jazz's success. Which is fine. More and more what he is doing that I appreciate is absorbing so much of the inevitable deluge of fan negativity which every team has to deal with. As long as Al is on the team the young bigs are relatively inviolate and in particular, free from the pressure of carrying the team.

Merry Christmas, Al.
    Dude. Holy ****. That is one pathetic attempt of trying to show any sort of accomplishment in his career.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Dude. Holy ****. That is one pathetic attempt of trying to show any sort of accomplishment in his career.
    Wrong. Just correcting the horde of mouth breathing tards. There's about 8 posts in this thread stating the guy only has one postseason appearance.

I find it amusing how many of you want to bash me for this yet ignorance is freely applauded.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    Wrong. Just correcting the horde of mouth breathing tards. There's about 8 posts in this thread stating the guy only has one postseason appearance.

I find it amusing how many of you want to bash me for this yet ignorance is freely applauded.
    How'd you become a Browns fan?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    This Guy is a Top 5 Big in the NBA, every team would love to have a BIG presence in the paint like AL. This guy has amazing foot work and his jumper is magnificent for a guy his size. Also why is so much hatred around this guy ?
    Top 5 big? not even close. Maybe top 5 center. Maybe. And for how good his offense is, His defense is just that bad as well. The hatred comes from him not playing defense at all.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    How'd you become a Browns fan?

All my life I've hated Seattle, so I had to find another team. Where I'm from everybody loves the GD Mariners so by default they are also SheHawk and (were) Sonic fans. I happened to see a really fun home Browns game, Bernie & Metcalf were great, the D was tremendous, really liked watching the fans freak out. IMO the best home fans of the 90s were in Oakland and Cleveland.

It was kind of random, really. The losing doesn't shake me, my dad was president of the Vandal Boosters. Lol. Hung my stuffed Eyore toy hosting a pregame party for a BSU game when I was 5. I'm pretty sure we won that one though.

Are you really from Kentucky?
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    All my life I've hated Seattle, so I had to find another team. Where I'm from everybody loves the GD Mariners so by default they are also SheHawk and (were) Sonic fans. I happened to see a really fun home Browns game, Bernie & Metcalf were great, the D was tremendous, really liked watching the fans freak out. IMO the best home fans of the 90s were in Oakland and Cleveland.

It was kind of random, really. The losing doesn't shake me, my dad was president of the Vandal Boosters. Lol. Hung my stuffed Eyore toy hosting a pregame party for a BSU game when I was 5. I'm pretty sure we won that one though.

Are you really from Kentucky?
    Yes, I am from KY.
    I live in St. George, Utah now (have lived most everywhere at one time or another). I used to have a corporate office in Cleveland and we had 10 lower seasons to the Cavs (got them 1 year before Lebron was drafted, lol).

I hated to see Tim Couch go to the Browns, not because I hated the Browns, but because they had ZERO O-Line and he had no chance at a career.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Calm down guys, im just a big BIG-Al Fan and I love how he plays. How many Bigs with his size can shoot so smooth like Al ? I know that our young guys need more PT, but Big-AL needs more touches on offense,too. You have to cut the PT AL gets from Corbin, but give him just more touches until he is on the court. Then you have a top 5 BIG during the time he plays.
    Big-AL is a BIG player, he just needs more touches... Endurance is the only weak point on ALs game.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Im going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Im on the court with other big men its much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Rep Level
    Calm down guys, im just a big BIG-Al Fan and I love how he plays. How many Bigs with his size can shoot so smooth like Al ? I know that our young guys need more PT, but Big-AL needs more touches on offense,too. You have to cut the PT AL gets from Corbin, but give him just more touches until he is on the court. Then you have a top 5 BIG during the time he plays.
    Big-AL is a BIG player, he just needs more touches... Endurance is the only weak point on ALs game.
    Troll much?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Troll much?
    Whats wrong on this ? Big Al with more endurance would be one of the better defensive players in this league. The problem ist, that he is forced to use his energy just on the offensive end. He is good at defending the low post, but has no energy to help out on difficult plays.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Im going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Im on the court with other big men its much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Rep Level
    Al should be a 2nd option on someone's offense, not the foundation of someone's offense. People are just expecting too much of Al. Players like Boozer and David Lee would be getting the same flack if they were here.

Rep Level
    Whats wrong on this ? Big Al with more endurance would be one of the better defensive players in this league. The problem ist, that he is forced to use his energy just on the offensive end. He is good at defending the low post, but has no energy to help out on difficult plays.
    He's a sloth and uninterested on defense. It has nothing to do with conditioning.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Al should be a 2nd option on someone's offense, not the foundation of someone's offense. People are just expecting too much of Al. Players like Boozer and David Lee would be getting the same flack if they were here.
    The problem is he doesn't know how to be anything besides a 1st option on mediocre to bad teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    The problem is he doesn't know how to be anything besides a 1st option on mediocre to bad teams.
    Someone please try to marshall evidence contrary to this. I'll beg you... I'll dare you... What's more motivating?