Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: The BIG-Al hate

  1. #46
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,401
    Total Rep Points
    6986
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Someone please try to marshall evidence contrary to this. I'll beg you... I'll dare you... What's more motivating?
    I'd have to try to dig up footage from his Boston days. Would be a project.

  2.  

     

  3. #47
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,640
    Total Rep Points
    4206
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    When I wrote this he was TOP 5 BIG-MAN in the league, right now he is the best. And their is no doubt about it...
    Likes scootsy liked this post
     
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  4. #48
    Senior Member Grandpa Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    661
    Total Rep Points
    1857
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    he is a one dementional player.
    This, (too me) is a hilarious line. He is not one dimensional he is one dementional. Yes Al was demented about getting his points at the cost of the entire team standing and watching and his defense was seldom seen, but he is not a bad guy at all. He has this one great talent (footwork) and he used it almost every time he touched the ball. As Hot Rod used to say "right string, wrong yo-yo'.
    Drafts just leave me cold.

  5. #49
    Senior Member latin jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    175
    Total Rep Points
    1122
    Rep Adjustment Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    When I wrote this he was TOP 5 BIG-MAN in the league, right now he is the best. And their is no doubt about it...
    Really? are you serious? offensively he is probably top 5, but on defense....let's not go there

    There are other big man who could arguably be ranked ahead oh him right now: Anthony Davis, Aldridge, Love, Dwight, Blake Griffin, Dirk, Cousins, Marc Gasol, Noah...

  6. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,271
    Total Rep Points
    1384
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by latin jazz View Post
    Really? are you serious? offensively he is probably top 5, but on defense....let's not go there
    There are other big man who could arguably be ranked ahead oh him right now: Anthony Davis, Aldridge, Love, Dwight, Blake Griffin, Dirk, Cousins, Marc Gasol, Noah...
    Even with his defensive inefficiencies, the Bobcats still had one of the best defensives. I think his lack of defense had more to do with coaching than him individually. He'll never win defensive player of the year, but like Boozer was in Chicago, he can be a cog and play defense well-enough in a good scheme.

  7. #51
    Senior Member latin jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    175
    Total Rep Points
    1122
    Rep Adjustment Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey32 View Post
    Even with his defensive inefficiencies, the Bobcats still had one of the best defensives. I think his lack of defense had more to do with coaching than him individually. He'll never win defensive player of the year, but like Boozer was in Chicago, he can be a cog and play defense well-enough in a good scheme.
    Agreed, the Bobcats system has helped him. He has lots of defensive limitations and struggles mighty against the pick' roll (he is to slow to guard it) but looks decent in the bobcats because he no longer goes to the 3 point line to defend it. Corbin put him in situations in which his weaknesses were exacerbated. The bobcats also have better perimeter defenders.

    On the other hand, a player cannot be considered the top big man in the league (as the op suggested) when for most of your career you have been a lousy defender and decent at best.

  8. #52
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,640
    Total Rep Points
    4206
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by latin jazz View Post
    Really? are you serious? offensively he is probably top 5, but on defense....let's not go there

    There are other big man who could arguably be ranked ahead oh him right now: Anthony Davis, Aldridge, Love, Dwight, Blake Griffin, Dirk, Cousins, Marc Gasol, Noah...
    Lol he eats up all of them... Anthony Davis...

    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  9. #53
    Senior Member latin jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    175
    Total Rep Points
    1122
    Rep Adjustment Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Lol he eats up all of them... Anthony Davis...

    He can score on anyone. Does it make him a better player than them? No.

    So you prefer Big Al over Davis, all right...

    BTW, why are you posting about Big Al here? You should be on the bobcats forum
    Likes jazzrule liked this post
     

  10. #54
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,640
    Total Rep Points
    4206
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by latin jazz View Post
    He can score on anyone. Does it make him a better player than them? No.

    So you prefer Big Al over Davis, all right...

    BTW, why are you posting about Big Al here? You should be on the bobcats forum
    Jes...
    DAVIS <<<<< BIG AL

    JazzMan 4ever
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  11. #55
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,460
    Total Rep Points
    16340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Here's what's up: The Bobcats weren't good, guys. The Bobcats got him with the sole purpose of getting okay percentage shots from low percentage situations.

    But Al's nice. And maybe he's a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  12. #56
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    12,973
    Total Rep Points
    35512
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Here's what's up: The Bobcats weren't good, guys. The Bobcats got him with the sole purpose of getting okay percentage shots from low percentage situations.

    But Al's nice. And maybe he's a little better.
    Bobcats woulda been nothing without Al, dude. He put together an impressive season last year. I'm excited to see if the Bobcats can build on last year, thanks to their acquisitions. Losing McRoberts hurts though.
    Likes scootsy, heyhey, CAKAR liked this post
     

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

    I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

    I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

    this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

  13. #57
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In my head, trying to get out more...
    Posts
    6,244
    Total Rep Points
    17355
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by latin jazz View Post
    He can score on anyone. Does it make him a better player than them? No.

    So you prefer Big Al over Davis, all right...

    BTW, why are you posting about Big Al here? You should be on the bobcats forum

    Let me answer that for him.

    Did you stop speaking about Karl Malone, sir?
    Likes CAKAR liked this post
     
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

    4.17.14


  14. #58
    Senior Member latin jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    175
    Total Rep Points
    1122
    Rep Adjustment Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    Let me answer that for him.

    Did you stop speaking about Karl Malone, sir?
    Stockton, Malone and other great jazz players will be always connected to team. Please don't pretend Big Al is as relevant to Jazz fans as Malone.

    I'm really cool if someone posts about an ex-player and is related to the Jazz in some way, like D-Will talking about how he misses salt lake and his time here.

    I just don't get it if someone start opening old threads about players who are not relevant to the team anymore, like those annoying Devin Harris threads. Just because someone played for us a couple of years doesn't mean we have to follow his career and open new threads about him, especially when he is currently playing for another team.

    If you really want to talk about your favorite player (and not just troll), there are other forums where you'll find people who share your same interests and want to discuss about that player and his current team. Remember this is the Jazz forum, not General NBA or General Discussion.
    Likes jazzrule, addictionary liked this post
     

  15. #59
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In my head, trying to get out more...
    Posts
    6,244
    Total Rep Points
    17355
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by latin jazz View Post
    Stockton, Malone and other great jazz players will be always connected to team. Please don't pretend Big Al is as relevant to Jazz fans as Malone.

    I'm really cool if someone posts about an ex-player and is related to the Jazz in some way, like D-Will talking about how he misses salt lake and his time here.

    I just don't get it if someone start opening old threads about players who are not relevant to the team anymore, like those annoying Devin Harris threads. Just because someone played for us a couple of years doesn't mean we have to follow his career and open new threads about him, especially when he is currently playing for another team.

    If you really want to talk about your favorite player (and not just troll), there are other forums where you'll find people who share your same interests and want to discuss about that player and his current team. Remember this is the Jazz forum, not General NBA or General Discussion.
    Good answer. Thank you.
    Likes latin jazz liked this post
     
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

    4.17.14


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •