Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,382
    Total Rep Points
    381
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14

    All of you who negative repped me for hating on KOC

    I would like an apology. This team isn't going to change. Quite blaming Corbin!
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  2. #2
    Senior Member Xsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saint George
    Posts
    963
    Total Rep Points
    2619
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Lol neg repped.

    I have no problem being patient with Kevin O'Conner. It's not his fault that Corbin keeps playing a cold chucker in Jefferson instead of better players off the bench.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

  3. #3
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Lol neg repped.

    I have no problem being patient with Kevin O'Conner. It's not his fault that Corbin keeps playing a cold chucker in Jefferson instead of better players off the bench.
    Agreed. KOC has given Tyrone talented pieces. Tyrone just doesn't have the talent to bench Al and Foye.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    why cant we blame KOC and TyCo? i blame both!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    but tbh i blame TyCo more...KOC has a lot more pressure from ownership imo than most peeps realize bros. realize. realize.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Xsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saint George
    Posts
    963
    Total Rep Points
    2619
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Real talk, Kevin O'Connor has put is in a pretty cherry position.

    We went from a lotto team to a playoff caliber team in HALF A SEASON. That is absolutely unprecedented. I don't know if there's another GM out there that can do that. Most small market teams rot in lottery limbo for a couple seasons before hitting the 8 seed again.

    Think about the work Kevin O'Connor has done over the past couple years. Think about it-- the only player remaining from the 2010 playoffs is Paul Millsap. We've gone through a COMPLETE roster change and are already a playoff team. On top of being a playoff team, we have a bright and promising future. We got 4 lotto picks in 2 years. More than this franchise has ever had before. Only one of them was our own pick. He even picked up a gem in an unloved DeMarre Carroll.

    The biggest reason most of us Jazz fans are so irate right now is because our awful coach is refusing to play the pieces that Kevin O'Connor has gotten for us. Corbin has been playing it safe instead of smart, which is a loser's strategy.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

  7. #7
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,844
    Total Rep Points
    47981
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I blame Ty for the on-court play. I'll blame KOC for allowing this nonsense to continue much longer.

    Oh, and OP .. you're not negged for specific comments, it's more for just generally being an idiot.
    #dumptruckin

  8. #8
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,758
    Total Rep Points
    37653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I have never negged anyone before, and im still not gonna, but damn if my finger wasn't on the trigger.

    I love the young talent on this team that KOC has aquired. I blame ty for not playing them more. I think KOC got foye expecting him to be a back up player with spot minutes but corbin screwed that up.

  9.  

     

  10. #9
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    13,067
    Total Rep Points
    31221
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Embarrassing comments.
    No Mediocrity

  11. #10
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,605
    Total Rep Points
    16120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I blame Ty for the on-court play. I'll blame KOC for allowing this nonsense to continue much longer.

    Oh, and OP .. you're not negged for specific comments, it's more for just generally being an idiot.
    Yes to all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  12. #11
    Senior Member gregbroncs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Here! Wait is this a roll call?
    Posts
    3,864
    Total Rep Points
    3797
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Haha. You deserved those negs from everybody and deserve more for this one. Corbin is the problem. He's the one not playing the talent KOC assembled. He's the one that has no idea how to get his team to run an offense. And he's the one playing the non-defenders over the ones who actually try and play defense.

    Koc has given us a fairly talented roster. Corbin just refuses to use it.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Total Rep Points
    1592
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    Haha. You deserved those negs from everybody and deserve more for this one. Corbin is the problem. He's the one not playing the talent KOC assembled. He's the one that has no idea how to get his team to run an offense. And he's the one playing the non-defenders over the ones who actually try and play defense.

    Koc has given us a fairly talented roster. Corbin just refuses to use it.
    Totally agree.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,229
    Total Rep Points
    20192
    Rep Adjustment Power
    77
    So you all hate the coach and come up with different trade ideas everyday that never materialize, but you love the job the General manager has done with the team?

    Fantastic!! You are all ****ing retarded.

    I got news for you guys. KOC does have a say who plays. They have group meetings and talk about all this stuff. I have heard it from Randy Rigby himself in a few different interviews. I heard Gordon Monson specifically ask Randy Rigby about Derrick Favors playing time. He said himself, and I quote, "we talk about these sorta of things all the time, and we feel that the young guys need to earn their playing time"

    So regardless of how you feel or what you think, their is actual pressure on Corbin to go with the veteran group. Not just because of the sense that they have to earn their minutes, but because there is a lot of pressure on Corbin to win now, to make money, and protect the brand of making the playoffs consistently.

    Like Frank said, all your comments are pretty embarrassing. It shows your lack of understanding the relationship between Jazz management and Jazz coaching. It also shows just how short your memory and attention span is. This is nothing new to the Jazz way. We have never given the keys to a bunch of young guys and said its all yours now. Jazz would not make the playoffs. And that wouldnt sit well with management and ownership.

    Is Corbin making mistakes as a coach? Yes. But he isnt doing anything the management doesnt want him to do. You cant separate the two. Do you really think that management is looking at this and thinking the same things as you? That Corbin is a bad coach, and our veterans are terrible players? Why the hell would they just sit there and let it go on if they weren't on the same page as Corbin? You do know that Corbin doesnt hire and fire himself right? They could fire him anytime they want, and they could move one of these guys anytime they want to. Any team in the league would gladly take any one of our starters off our hands. They are all pretty good players on very nice and short contracts, with the exception of Marvin. He would probably be the hardest to move, and still he would probably be pretty easy to move.

    You all are just burying your heads in the sand, pretending that management doesnt have anything to do with the team that is presented to you. They everything to do with the team you see..

  15. #14
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,758
    Total Rep Points
    37653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    So you all hate the coach and come up with different trade ideas everyday that never materialize, but you love the job the General manager has done with the team?

    Fantastic!! You are all ****ing retarded.

    I got news for you guys. KOC does have a say who plays. They have group meetings and talk about all this stuff. I have heard it from Randy Rigby himself in a few different interviews. I heard Gordon Monson specifically ask Randy Rigby about Derrick Favors playing time. He said himself, and I quote, "we talk about these sorta of things all the time, and we feel that the young guys need to earn their playing time"

    So regardless of how you feel or what you think, their is actual pressure on Corbin to go with the veteran group. Not just because of the sense that they have to earn their minutes, but because there is a lot of pressure on Corbin to win now, to make money, and protect the brand of making the playoffs consistently.

    Like Frank said, all your comments are pretty embarrassing. It shows your lack of understanding the relationship between Jazz management and Jazz coaching. It also shows just how short your memory and attention span is. This is nothing new to the Jazz way. We have never given the keys to a bunch of young guys and said its all yours now. Jazz would not make the playoffs. And that wouldnt sit well with management and ownership.

    Is Corbin making mistakes as a coach? Yes. But he isnt doing anything the management doesnt want him to do. You cant separate the two. Do you really think that management is looking at this and thinking the same things as you? That Corbin is a bad coach, and our veterans are terrible players? Why the hell would they just sit there and let it go on if they weren't on the same page as Corbin? You do know that Corbin doesnt hire and fire himself right? They could fire him anytime they want, and they could move one of these guys anytime they want to. Any team in the league would gladly take any one of our starters off our hands. They are all pretty good players on very nice and short contracts, with the exception of Marvin. He would probably be the hardest to move, and still he would probably be pretty easy to move.

    You all are just burying your heads in the sand, pretending that management doesnt have anything to do with the team that is presented to you. They everything to do with the team you see..

    Thats a good point hack, and you are probably right..... however burks ridin pine ultimately comes down to corbin..... For example: if corbin started playing burks 28 minutes per game and he was playing amazing and the jazz went on a 15 game win streak, im pretty sure that jazz management would be ok with it.
    Im sure they all get together and talk about who plays and how much, but i bet in those meeting ty isnt saying "i think burks, favors, and kanter need more playing time", and jazz management is disagreeing.... I have a feeling that corbin is saying "if i keep playing the guys im playing then we will gel as a team and reach the playoffs" and management probably just says ok ty give it a try, you are the coach.

  16. #15
    Senior Member jope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ogden City Limits
    Posts
    1,632
    Total Rep Points
    3191
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    So you all hate the coach and come up with different trade ideas everyday that never materialize, but you love the job the General manager has done with the team?

    Fantastic!! You are all ****ing retarded.

    I got news for you guys. KOC does have a say who plays. They have group meetings and talk about all this stuff. I have heard it from Randy Rigby himself in a few different interviews. I heard Gordon Monson specifically ask Randy Rigby about Derrick Favors playing time. He said himself, and I quote, "we talk about these sorta of things all the time, and we feel that the young guys need to earn their playing time"

    So regardless of how you feel or what you think, their is actual pressure on Corbin to go with the veteran group. Not just because of the sense that they have to earn their minutes, but because there is a lot of pressure on Corbin to win now, to make money, and protect the brand of making the playoffs consistently.

    Like Frank said, all your comments are pretty embarrassing. It shows your lack of understanding the relationship between Jazz management and Jazz coaching. It also shows just how short your memory and attention span is. This is nothing new to the Jazz way. We have never given the keys to a bunch of young guys and said its all yours now. Jazz would not make the playoffs. And that wouldnt sit well with management and ownership.

    Is Corbin making mistakes as a coach? Yes. But he isnt doing anything the management doesnt want him to do. You cant separate the two. Do you really think that management is looking at this and thinking the same things as you? That Corbin is a bad coach, and our veterans are terrible players? Why the hell would they just sit there and let it go on if they weren't on the same page as Corbin? You do know that Corbin doesnt hire and fire himself right? They could fire him anytime they want, and they could move one of these guys anytime they want to. Any team in the league would gladly take any one of our starters off our hands. They are all pretty good players on very nice and short contracts, with the exception of Marvin. He would probably be the hardest to move, and still he would probably be pretty easy to move.

    You all are just burying your heads in the sand, pretending that management doesnt have anything to do with the team that is presented to you. They everything to do with the team you see..

    I agree with your post.

    However i think its just funny (in regards to the bolded) that his best interests in playing the vets for wins and playoff births has us in position for the 10th spot in the west. This, combined with the fact that our 4 centerpieces (the primary prizes for shipping away a guy who was going for 21 & 10 at the time) are getting a combined 60-ish minutes a night (with one racking up the DNP-CD's) is leading to so much ill-content.

    I don't care who's fault it is, at this point it doesn't matter. What i do care about is finding a way to become a better defensive team, and i believe that starts and ends with the coach. Until we strive for defensive greatness, we will always be < 7th seed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •