Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Possible championship in 3 years trade

Change in Team Outlook: +15.0 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Incoming Players
    John Salmons
    33 year old , 6-6, 207 lb F-G from Miami (FL)
    7.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.0 apg in 28.3 minutes
    Tyreke Evans
    23 year old , 6-6, 220 lb G from Memphis
    15.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.2 apg in 30.9 minutes
    DeMarcus Cousins
    22 year old , 6-11, 270 lb C from Kentucky
    16.6 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 30.3 minutes

Outgoing Players
    Paul Millsap
    27 year old , 6-8, 253 lb F-C from Louisiana Tech
    14.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.7 apg in 30.7 minutes in 2012-2013
    Marvin Williams
    26 year old , 6-9, 245 lb F from North Carolina
    9.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.7 minutes in 2012-2013

Evans Unconcerned About Becoming Trade Candidate
    Dec 22, 2012 12:03 PM EST
    Tyreke Evans feels he has to prove his worth in the NBA all over again after an inconsistent second and third season. Evans' role has changed frequently during his tenure with the Sacramento Kings.
    Evans could be a trade candidate if the Kings feel re-signing him in the offseason as a restricted free agent is unlikely.
    "I'm just here to play basketball," said Evans. "If I get traded, that's what happens."

This trade allows Sacramento to get rid of a major head ache in Cousins (under indefinite suspension), a soon to be restricted free agent in Evans and an over paid older player in Salmons. We get a young point guard, a good but troubled center and an old guard/forward. This trade gives us 2 young players with some experience to go with our young core. We would probably have to give them our first round pick this year and the Golden State first round pick for them to consider it. PKM says he is ok with Cousins and knows him to be not that much of a head case, so I would take his word for it.

Our team going forward would be Evans at point guard, Burks at shooting guard, Hayward at small forward, Favors at power forward and Cousins at center. Kanter backs up power forward and center, with major minutes. We let Al Jefferson walk at the end of the season and use his salary to sign all our young studs to long term contracts. I did this trade in RealGm trade checker ID number 6185556. If you like this trade give me some rep, and if you donít take it away. Sometimes you have to gamble a little to become champions in a small market, and if Cousins does not work out we still have Kantor to start. Let the debate begin gentlemen.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Demarcus makes you lose more games, and Evans is an inefficient chucker.

How does the spell championship at all?
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jazz should run to do this deal. Horrible return on investment for the Kings.

However Cousins is probably too much of an attitude/malcontent/pain in the ass for the Jazz to even consider him.

When have the Jazz traded/signed/drafted a guy who had already had a ton of extra baggage?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Demarcus makes you lose more games, and Evans is an inefficient chucker.

How does the spell championship at all?
    With our past history Wolf, I would not expect anything different from you. LOL

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al-DMC-Evans...

Fun.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Al-DMC-Evans...

Fun.
    Actually he said let AL walk at the end of the year..... he was looking toward the next three years.

So you're looking at cousins, favors, hayward, burks, evans... with kanter first off the bench getting major minutes at the 4 and 5

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzrule View Post
    Change in Team Outlook: +15.0 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Incoming Players
    John Salmons
    33 year old , 6-6, 207 lb F-G from Miami (FL)
    7.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.0 apg in 28.3 minutes
    Tyreke Evans
    23 year old , 6-6, 220 lb G from Memphis
    15.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.2 apg in 30.9 minutes
    DeMarcus Cousins
    22 year old , 6-11, 270 lb C from Kentucky
    16.6 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 30.3 minutes

Outgoing Players
    Paul Millsap
    27 year old , 6-8, 253 lb F-C from Louisiana Tech
    14.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.7 apg in 30.7 minutes in 2012-2013
    Marvin Williams
    26 year old , 6-9, 245 lb F from North Carolina
    9.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.7 minutes in 2012-2013

Evans Unconcerned About Becoming Trade CandidateDec 22, 2012 12:03 PM ESTTyreke Evans feels he has to prove his worth in the NBA all over again after an inconsistent second and third season. Evans' role has changed frequently during his tenure with the Sacramento Kings.Evans could be a trade candidate if the Kings feel re-signing him in the offseason as a restricted free agent is unlikely."I'm just here to play basketball," said Evans. "If I get traded, that's what happens."

This trade allows Sacramento to get rid of a major head ache in Cousins (under indefinite suspension), a soon to be restricted free agent in Evans and an over paid older player in Salmons. We get a young point guard, a good but troubled center and an old guard/forward. This trade gives us 2 young players with some experience to go with our young core. We would probably have to give them our first round pick this year and the Golden State first round pick for them to consider it. PKM says he is ok with Cousins and knows him to be not that much of a head case, so I would take his word for it.

Our team going forward would be Evans at point guard, Burks at shooting guard, Hayward at small forward, Favors at power forward and Cousins at center. Kanter backs up power forward and center, with major minutes. We let Al Jefferson walk at the end of the season and use his salary to sign all our young studs to long term contracts. I did this trade in RealGm trade checker ID number 6185556. If you like this trade give me some rep, and if you don’t take it away. Sometimes you have to gamble a little to become champions in a small market, and if Cousins does not work out we still have Kantor to start. Let the debate begin gentlemen.

I like where your head is at. I like the sound of that team and think that there is some truth to this team competing. The biggest issues that I see are:

1. Not enough in return for the Kings. W would have to throw in at least 1 first round pick and probably 2 seconds to get it done.

2. We need a coach with creativity and we currently don't have that. I can see a JVG, Larry Brown or the like being able to make that happen but certainly not Corbin.

Fix those two things and I can see something like thing coming together and actually succeeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Holy ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    For the 13th time. I would swap Al with Cousins in a minute .. but I'd want a new coach and/or a badass floor leader in the deal. (or it will not work)
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Favors, Kanter AND Cousins...wow. If we could do the trade without Evans, I would be all for it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    For the 13th time. I would swap Al with Cousins in a minute .. but I'd want a new coach and/or a badass floor leader in the deal. (or it will not work)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Favors, Kanter AND Cousins...wow. If we could do the trade without Evans, I would be all for it.
    Maybe we don't need a more proven coach or strong floor leader. At least there would be no logjam. Just start Favors and Cousins and sub-in Kanter when Cousins fouls out or gets ejected. Presto! Minutes solved.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I really kind of like it but the Kings would want us to take on Salmons contract. I could see something like Jefferson, Burks, Caroll, G.S. pick plus 3 million for Evans, Cousins, Salmons, Jimmer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bqnyymf

Kings, get back cap space which they love, money, and a few decent pieces . Jazz, get back a few potential pieces with a high risk/ high reward possiblitiy. I could really see this being a championship team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Tinsley, who had his own reputation and discipline problems, could prove to be a mentor for Cousins.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I like where your head is at. I like the sound of that team and think that there is some truth to this team competing. The biggest issues that I see are:

1. Not enough in return for the Kings. W would have to throw in at least 1 first round pick and probably 2 seconds to get it done.

2. We need a coach with creativity and we currently don't have that. I can see a JVG, Larry Brown or the like being able to make that happen but certainly not Corbin.

Fix those two things and I can see something like thing coming together and actually succeeding.
    1. Go back and read closely. I said we would probably have to give them our first round pick and our Golden State first round pick. With their own pick, that gives them 3 first round picks this year.

2. I agree with completely. If you have read my previous post, you know that my stance is that Corbin has to go. If Watson intimidates him for playing time, Cousins would run all over him probably.
    Last edited by jazzrule; 12-24-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzfanz View Post
    I really kind of like it but the Kings would want us to take on Salmons contract. I could see something like Jefferson, Burks, Caroll, G.S. pick plus 3 million for Evans, Cousins, Salmons, Jimmer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bqnyymf

Kings, get back cap space which they love, money, and a few decent pieces . Jazz, get back a few potential pieces with a high risk/ high reward possiblitiy. I could really see this being a championship team.
    In my trade we already take on Salmon's contract, which is only for 2 more years.