Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 168
  1. #151
    Lazy Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    5,621
    Total Rep Points
    9439
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    Burks did nice in the time he was out there. Not perfect (that blown layup where he really should have dunked it hurt), but pretty solid overall.

    Nice to see Ty stick with the Burks/Hayward/Favors/Kanter/Watson lineup as long as he did. Hope to see more of that lineup in the future. I do wonder why Favors didn't see more minutes in the fourth, but whatever, they won.

    On another note that foul by Foye at the end was an amazing play. Props to him for literally kneeing the guy so his shot wouldn't go in and sending a poor foul shooter to the line. Also, I cringe when I see Sap going to the line for pressure FTs.


    Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

  2. #152
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,318
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    I though Corbin was great tonight.

    Hayward was the player of the game. Just a great effort from the Hayster. He was all over the court, and couldn't miss his shots.

    Burks blew that lay up, but I loved his game tonight. Idiots that say he isn't a decent defender aren't watching the games. He also PASSED the ball
    very well. Oh suck it Alec haters. He was good tonight, and the commentators couldn't help but praise him.

    I didn't hate Big Al's game tonight. I thought he passed it well, and played better team ball. Of course his defense was still meh though.

    Favors played well. Loved that block in the 4th Qt.

    Our bench outplayed the starters tonight. This is the future! A changing of the guard is here. Corbin please stick with it, this could save your job!
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  3. #153
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,983
    Total Rep Points
    7604
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    On another note that foul by Foye at the end was an amazing play. Props to him for literally kneeing the guy so his shot wouldn't go in and sending a poor foul shooter to the line. Also, I cringe when I see Sap going to the line for pressure FTs.
    Easy to recognize Foye raised his game a little bit after Burks got some good burn. His defense went from god-awful in the first half to pass-able in the second.

    Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition among the players.

    Jazz were actually fun to watch tonight - at least from the second period on.

  4. #154
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,318
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post

    Jazz were actually fun to watch tonight - at least from the second period on.

    Couldn't agree more. This is the team I want to live, and die with. Less Marvin, less Carrol, and more Burks.
    It just felt right out there tonight.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  5. #155
    Senior Member asian_roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    832
    Total Rep Points
    620
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    I missed the game but I saw that Burks played 20 minutes?


  6. #156
    Senior Member LifeOnaPlate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    1,248
    Total Rep Points
    1130
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by asian_roger View Post
    I missed the game but I saw that Burks played 20 minutes?

    Or, as Harpring called him, Alex Burks.

  7. #157
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,818
    Total Rep Points
    7808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    44
    HA! We're now ahead of Portland by half a game.

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    13,410
    Total Rep Points
    32978
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Haywad has been looking good offensively on his drives lately. Been creating and finishing much better than his average.

  9. #159
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Haywad has been looking good offensively on his drives lately. Been creating and finishing much better than his average.
    He had the entire arsenal today.
    Jumper, fade away, posted up, floater, mid range jumper, even had an awesome Jefferson like hook shot, plus a clutch defensive play.
    Very impressive...this might've been his best game I've seen of him just because of everything he showed.

  10. #160
    Senior Member pkmag2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    300
    Total Rep Points
    79
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    He had the entire arsenal today.
    Jumper, fade away, posted up, floater, mid range jumper, even had an awesome Jefferson like hook shot, plus a clutch defensive play.
    Very impressive...this might've been his best game I've seen of him just because of everything he showed.
    good to also see him pull up short on a break and shoot a jumper instead of getting a charge.

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,405
    Total Rep Points
    1889
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    It seems like Hayward is pretty damn good as long as he can actually get involved in the flow of the game as opposed to just standing at the three-point line as a spot-up shooter.

  12. #162
    Premium Member Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cache Valley
    Posts
    1,982
    Total Rep Points
    4742
    Rep Adjustment Power
    29
    Gordon should be playing SF. Burks would be backing up Foye and get more minutes. Then once Corbin removes his head from his ass he'd see how good Alec is and start him over Foye.
    Also, trade Jeffy.

    Mo, Jamaal, Earl
    Alec, Randy, Murphy
    Gordon, Marvin, DeMarre
    Paul, Kanter, Jeremy
    Derrick, Kanter

  13. #163
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,318
    Total Rep Points
    12488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    "Alec Burks came off the bench and changed the game tonight. He brought solid energy, he went to the basket as we knew he would but most importantly he added an element rebounding" - Locke
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  14. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,543
    Total Rep Points
    827
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    "Alec Burks came off the bench and changed the game tonight. He brought solid energy, he went to the basket as we knew he would but most importantly he added an element rebounding" - Locke
    Burks +17 tonight. Back to the bench for him.

  15. #165
    Wide Awake Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Snyde
    Posts
    15,894
    Total Rep Points
    29089
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    I though Corbin was great tonight.

    Hayward was the player of the game. Just a great effort from the Hayster. He was all over the court, and couldn't miss his shots.

    Burks blew that lay up, but I loved his game tonight. Idiots that say he isn't a decent defender aren't watching the games. He also PASSED the ball
    very well. Oh suck it Alec haters. He was good tonight, and the commentators couldn't help but praise him.

    I didn't hate Big Al's game tonight. I thought he passed it well, and played better team ball. Of course his defense was still meh though.

    Favors played well. Loved that block in the 4th Qt.

    Our bench outplayed the starters tonight. This is the future! A changing of the guard is here. Corbin please stick with it, this could save your job!
    Since I've been blasting Corbin, I gotta give credit where credit is due. He definitely gave the bench players some burn...and it worked. But I'm left wondering if that wasn't due to the starters being gassed on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. Perhaps the rotation goes right back to where it was previously.
    Lose One More For OKAFOR!

    No More Frowns If We Get TOWNS!

    Shout Hooray for MUDIAY!

  16.  

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •