Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I hate the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As soon as I saw Alec Burks was involved in this trade, I immediately hated it.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Who? If you look at my earlier post I mentioned that this trade makes Foye and Marv expendable.
    Unless Corbin is included in that trade, Foye and Marvin will get heavy minutes.
    Marvin is a good player. But he went from a situation in ATlanta where he was an afterthought to one in Utah that is exactly the same. He just doesn't get any touches with the ball being dominated by Foye/Mo and Jefferson. It's an inside-outside game with that trio. Marvin could be a great contributor if he was given the ball regularly.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Unless Corbin is included in that trade, Foye and Marvin will get heavy minutes.
    Marvin is a good player. But he went from a situation in ATlanta where he was an afterthought to one in Utah that is exactly the same. He just doesn't get any touches with the ball being dominated by Foye/Mo and Jefferson. It's an inside-outside game with that trio. Marvin could be a great contributor if he was given the ball regularly.
    I agree with your Marvin Williams assessment. The same things that used to happen to Hayward in the starting line up, are the same things that happen to Marvin in that same line up.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I couldn't help but notice that this trade makes both teams worse by at least 3 wins. And if both Redick and Afflalo are coming in, then Foye needs to be included in the deal for sure. Otherwise, Hayward and Burks don't get any more pt...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Marvin can be soft as hell. I still really like the Harris trade that brought him here, though.

Could we use him better? Yes. but it isnt like he's waiting to blow up.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I agree with your Marvin Williams assessment. The same things that used to happen to Hayward in the starting line up, are the same things that happen to Marvin in that same line up.
    Funny thing is he's getting touches in the first and usually gets off to a good start, but then sits most of the rest of the first, and can't get back in rhythm the rest of the game.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Picks. Baby can post well enough.

Who here would deal Millsap + a lottery-protected first + a second rounder for Afflalo? How realistic is this?

Hayward-Burks-Afflalo is a pretty nice.
    Did you consult our resident forward looking genius?

http://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?3...hlight=afflalo

Ah, how the tables have turned.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Marvin can be soft as hell. I still really like the Harris trade that brought him here, though.

Could we use him better? Yes. but it isnt like he's waiting to blow up.
    Who?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting, but the Magic aren't trading their 2 best G's. And Big Al and Big Baby would eat up all the paint...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Did you consult our resident forward looking genius?

http://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?3...hlight=afflalo

Ah, how the tables have turned.
    Your link no longer works.

And, that you and I would land at a similar conclusion isn't all that surprising.

That said, if I swing to the views of your Corby-loving alt, then take me out back and put me down.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Link works fine.
    Don't worry, you have 18 months to live before catching up and taken out back. By then you'll be comfortable enough to not want the bullet.
    No Mediocrity