Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    No .. I'm saying that's the kind of stuff small-minded haters accuse him of .. when it's not hard to see why 5star kids want to go to a place that will let them play early and often, get in front of scouts every game, have top-notch facilities, and be networked into the NBA from day 1. It's not that hard to figure out. Think about it.
    Sort of like how all the 5 star guys wanted to go to USC to play college football. Yeah, sort of tough to imagine why.

Banned
    Rep Level
    And it has nothing to do with being small-minded. I know for a fact his mom drove a Bentley to his HS graduation. A fact you know nothing about supposedly. You know everything about the program but not this?

Ignorance really is bliss.

ILU.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    And it has nothing to do with being small-minded. I know for a fact his mom drove a Bentley to his HS graduation. A fact you know nothing about supposedly. You know everything about the program but not this?

Ignorance really is bliss.

ILU.
    Link? (I thought not)

Your small-minded hate only further fuels my already cbb elitist mentality.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    This is one of the biggest problems with our society.

We put so much more investment into entertainment than into education or health care.
    Corbin sucks.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    This is one of the biggest problems with our society.

We put so much more investment into entertainment than into education or health care.
    Not arguing with you, as I agree .. but in this case, none of the money came from taxpayers, but private donors. AND, the athletic dept is giving back millions per year toward non student-athletic scholarships and non-athlete facilities. In this case, the facilities are paid for privately and the University is funding education.

I suppose the bigger problem is with US, as individuals, and what we choose to spend our extra money on .. but that's a debate for another thread .
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Not arguing with you, as I agree .. but in this case, none of the money came from taxpayers, but private donors. AND, the athletic dept is giving back millions per year toward non student-athletic scholarships and non-athlete facilities. In this case, the facilities are paid for privately and the University is funding education.

I suppose the bigger problem is with US, as individuals, and what we choose to spend our extra money on .. but that's a debate for another thread .
    I just see how much "private money" is going to build up these NFL/NBA like facilities. Sure, it helps to create jobs, put some kids (a tiny percentage) through school, and is obviously a huge escape from real life for joe sixpacks like me. Sadly though, I think this is a sign of where we are at as a society.

Hey folks, we need $25 million to help finance cancer research, homeless shelters, scholarships, or local education! Hardly anyone donates... Just last night I saw on KSL news about this one child who has a rare disease. His fam needs $125k to help research the disease. Wonder if they will (ever) raise that money?

Hey folks, we need to upgrade our facilities to become a bigtime Pac-12, Independent, SEC, etc program!!! Millions are somehow found. I have no doubt that soon the Utes will upgrade their stadium. Fine. Great. They definitely need to do that if they want to be a Pac-12 school. But how much of that money could be spent on other (ultimately, more important) things? BYU TV is great (not really. It sucks). But how much of that could have been spent better? Hell, not even for society or "charity." I bet they could have spent that money more wisely in upgrading mission facilities. I know for one that I lived in a dump in several places. Want to help the church grow? Screw BYU TV and start installing ACs in some of those Brazilian chapels! Brazil gets hot man!

All well! Indeed. Another thread.

Good for UK. Nice job.
    Corbin sucks.

Rep Level
    Folks folks folks folks folks folks

Foooolllllkkkksssss
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    I just see how much "private money" is going to build up these NFL/NBA like facilities. Sure, it helps to create jobs, put some kids (a tiny percentage) through school, and is obviously a huge escape from real life for joe sixpacks like me. Sadly though, I think this is a sign of where we are at as a society.

Hey folks, we need $25 million to help finance cancer research, homeless shelters, scholarships, or local education! Hardly anyone donates... Just last night I saw on KSL news about this one child who has a rare disease. His fam needs $125k to help research the disease. Wonder if they will (ever) raise that money?

Hey folks, we need to upgrade our facilities to become a bigtime Pac-12, Independent, SEC, etc program!!! Millions are somehow found. I have no doubt that soon the Utes will upgrade their stadium. Fine. Great. They definitely need to do that if they want to be a Pac-12 school. But how much of that money could be spent on other (ultimately, more important) things? BYU TV is great (not really. It sucks). But how much of that could have been spent better? Hell, not even for society or "charity." I bet they could have spent that money more wisely in upgrading mission facilities. I know for one that I lived in a dump in several places.

All well!
    Hate to say it, but I only agree moderately. Of the large donors I know, I'd say 9/10 are in something other than entertainment. I know two people that have donated nearly $5MM combined in pets related stuff (rescue shelters, etc) .. I think that's crazy, myself. Most are funding R&D in medical science.

Society sucks, but I actually see things better today than it was a decade ago.. Before the economic crisis, more were 'showing off' their money. Now, they want to make a more meaningful impact on society. Not everyone will be saved .. that day will never come, but it's not as bleak as you think it is, imo. There's a LOT of help out there.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    I bet they could have spent that money more wisely in upgrading mission facilities. I know for one that I lived in a dump in several places. Want to help the church grow? Screw BYU TV and start installing ACs in some of those Brazilian chapels! Brazil gets hot man!

All well! Indeed. Another thread.

Good for UK. Nice job.
    If they were to put an AC unit on a chapel in Honduras (where I served my mission) it would have been stolen about five minutes after the installation was complete.

Rep Level
    LOL at anyone defending Calipari. Calipari and Kentucky are perfect for each other. No doubt about that.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Banned
    Rep Level
    <grabs popcorn>

Rep Level
    Random question...

Does anyone have as big of a basketball budget as UK?

How does UNC's and other schools bball budgets stack up?
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Random question...

Does anyone have as big of a basketball budget as UK?

How does UNC's and other schools bball budgets stack up?
    And by budget you mean unmarked, non-consecutive bills in a brown paper bag?

Rep Level
    I mean for reeaaaallsssssiiieeesss.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags