Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    O.J Mayo does not count

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would definitely touch my cousins with a ten foot pole!

Mods please move to general discussion or make new subject "family discussions"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Sad thing about Cousins is he really is a great guy, funny as hell, and all kids love him to death. He has readily admitted that he has a problem controlling his competitive spirit on the court. He once said, "I'm the biggest teddy bear off the court, but once the ball's thrown up, I want to eat their children."
    Its just competitiveness with poor behavior skills that he has learned over the years. He's learned poor coping skills at some point (not hard to do when you are competitive) where he reacts negatively. Kind of like road rage. I assume this is the problem. This is how I am when I play or watch sports, and its a tough pattern to get out of.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sgjazzfan View Post
    Its just competitiveness with poor behavior skills that he has learned over the years. He's learned poor coping skills at some point (not hard to do when you are competitive) where he reacts negatively. Kind of like road rage. I assume this is the problem. This is how I am when I play or watch sports, and its a tough pattern to get out of.
    Very good post. I could expand on what led to this behavior, but it's Christmas Eve and I don't want to be here too long. If anyone really cares about knowing more, I'll post it later.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Let's be honest, it was Coach Cal that did this to him. Terrible coach for a terrible college in a terrible state with terrible people in it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Let's be honest, it was Coach Cal that did this to him. Terrible coach for a terrible college in a terrible state with terrible people in it.
    ALMOST reppable. Well done, friend.

EDIT: 'Best' friend
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    For the record, it wouldn't take a 10-ft pole for me. I'd give Sacramento their choice of Jefferson or Millsap + the GS pick. Cousins is immature and a risk, but he's a top-tier center when his head is in the game. These are the kind of chances Utah HAS to take. Jazz will never attract big-name FA's. Utah didn't hit a home run with any of the draft picks, nor does it appear the Williams' trade brought us a superstar. Jazz have some solid players, all good citizens, but nothing too special...unless Favors really picks up his game over the next 2 years.

Time to takes some risks; otherwise, I fear Utah is locked into battling for the 6th-8th seed every year and drafting around 18th-20th.
    Is Corbin the guy to set him straight though? Do you see us getting a new coach anytime soon? I think not.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I sooooo need one of those Zulu .. Badly.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What PKM said. Dude's busted. No.

Also, cue the video of Cuz elbowing that kid from South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The thing is that once was a fiesty big man who played for Utah. He fought with the coaches, he fought with the owner, he busted other players with a few cheap shots, he was full of himself, a real jerk by most people's standards......and thousands lined up to cheer for him.

Utah fans, myself included, would love a little nasty mixed in with this bunch of choir boys. If Cousins could reign it in just a little, he could own this town.

PKM is probably right, he needs a coach he was so committed to that he would die for him, and a player he respected who could put him in his place. And that isn't in Utah, but then again Frank Layden didn't exactly have a pedigree, and Stockton had to grow into Malone's partner.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    The thing is that once was a fiesty big man who played for Utah. He fought with the coaches, he fought with the owner, he busted other players with a few cheap shots, he was full of himself, a real jerk by most people's standards......and thousands lined up to cheer for him.

Utah fans, myself included, would love a little nasty mixed in with this bunch of choir boys. If Cousins could reign it in just a little, he could own this town.
    My thoughts exactly. Bring him on after we have a real coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Loving u guys. Really.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    What PKM said. Dude's busted. No.

Also, cue the video of Cuz elbowing that kid from South Carolina.
    South Carolina? You mean Louisville?

(lol)
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Loving u guys. Really.
    Thanks, I mean it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?