View Poll Results: Would you rather have TyCo or Vaughn as your HC?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyrone Corbin

6 23.08%
  • Jacques Vaughn

20 76.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jacques? lol
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Its way super obvious. I mean seriously, cant he see Burks needs to play PG, and Favor Flave needs 83 minutes a night? He really needs to play Burks, Murphy, Snyder, Humphries, and Eisley all 60 minutes. God damn dick TyCo, pull your head out of Laydens ass!
    Trolling every thread I see.

You work for the Jazz?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Trolling every thread I see.

You work for the Jazz?
    I just am a logical person, who understands basketball.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Does the coach even matter in the NBA? Part of me wants to say yes and that is why Phil Jackson and Popovich have so many rings. But Eric Spolstra is going to end up with a bunch of rings too.

George Karl is old and is suppposed to be a basketball coaching wizard--but the nuggets are 7.5 games behind Vinny Del Negro, whom most everyone believes is an idiot.

Avery Johnson leaves Dallas, insert Rick Carlise and can anyone tell a difference?

Rookie coah Vaughn is 1/2 game behind the veteran Doug Collins.

Last season Coach Corbin won 54% of his games with Jerry's offense and defense. This year he tweaked it to make it his own and his is winning 52% of his games.

What I want out of a head coach is personality, showmanship, and hilarious quotes. Frank Layden did slap stick kind of Marxs brothers gig, Majerjus was a self depricating Rodney Dangerfield, Jerry Sloan played his 'just fell off the turnup truck' role to perfection.

I would rather have Will Ferrell than either Ty or Jacque, the results would be about the same, but the post game would be oh so much better.
    Last edited by mellow; 12-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Banned
    There are probably 3-4 coaches that make a big difference in wins, 3-4 that make a difference in losses, and 20 or so that are just there. TyCo is not a terrible coach, but he isnt going to revolutuionize the game either. He is pretty decent, just like the talent on the jazz.

I choose TyCo specifically because his nickname on Jazzfanz is the same name as radio control cars that I loved as a kid.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Does the coach even matter in the NBA? Part of me wants to say yes and that is why Phil Jackson and Popovich have so many rings. But Eric Spolstra is going to end up with a bunch of rings too.

George Karl is old and is suppposed to be a basketball coaching wizard--but the nuggets are 7.5 games behind Vinny Del Negro, whom most everyone believes is an idiot.

Avery Johnson leaves Dallas, insert Rick Carlise and can anyone tell a difference?

Rookie coah Vaughn is 1/5 game behind the veteran Doug Collins.

Last season Coach Corbin won 54% of his games with Jerry's offense and defense. This year he tweaked it to make it his own and his is winning 52% of his games.

What I want out of a head coach is personality, showmanship, and hilarious quotes. Frank Layden did slap stick kind of Marxs brothers gig, Majerjus was a self depricating Rodney Dangerfield, Jerry Sloan played his 'just fell off the turnup truck' role to perfection.

I would rather have Will Ferrell than either Ty or Jacque, the results would be about the same, but the post game would be oh so much better.
    Pops and Thibs are certainly elite level coaches, and would get us +10 wins a year. Vinny was pretty bad early on but was also completely new to coaching, which is a pass TyCo can't be given. He was an assistant many years.

TyCo isn't the worst coach out there, but he isn't near the top. Vaughn is winning with bad players, but TyCo got us an 8th seed last year when most people thought we would end up way towards the bottom of the league. I don't know who I'd take

Corbin is under contract through all of next season.
    Jazz do not let personnel go when they are under contract according to KOC.
    That's why they still have Raja Bell on the official roster.
    Corbin will not be fired.

I know nothing about Vaughn's coaching so really couldn't say. As for him having a 12-15 record with a limited team, Corbin made the playoffs with a completely inept pg Chucker, a washed up Howard, and Braile starting half the season, and Millsap slumping an entire month, and last but not least Al black hole Jeffie. Just writing this has me in a bit of shock that Ty was able to guid the jazz to the playoffs last year.

Just saying.

I'd take Vaughn, mostly because I'm fond of him from his playing days. Plus the Popovich effect.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I know nothing about Vaughn's coaching so really couldn't say. As for him having a 12-15 record with a limited team, Corbin made the playoffs with a completely inept pg Chucker, a washed up Howard, and Braile starting half the season, and Millsap slumping an entire month, and last but not least Al black hole Jeffie. Just writing this has me in a bit of shock that Ty was able to guid the jazz to the playoffs last year.

Just saying.
    You comparing our players to a starting five of Nelson, Afflalo, Harkless, Ayon, and Vucevic is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Seriously, is there a worse coach in the NBA than Ty Corbin?

Um, Keith Smart...

The current coach is never good enough for Jazz fanz. When Sloan was there they would rather have Van Gundy or Thibodeau. Now when Corbin is here they would rather have Vaughn. If Vaughn would have been here, they would have rather wanted Mark Jackson.

Here is my wish: I want Sam Presti and Mark Cuban in place of KOC and Greg Miller

Premium Member
    Which coach's contract expires next season?