Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So why don't we just draft Bledsoe or whatever when his contract is up and then have him on a rookie contact? (assuming someone else doesn't draft him first, obvi)
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Of course I'm being sarcastic. You came here and talked down to everyone here (by you saying 'anyone') stating we don't know anything. Then you proceed to enlighten us about rookie contracts (duh). Not to mention your apparent lack of understanding of expirings ..

I'm not mad, though, I'm just making fun of you is all.
    I'm not misunderstanding expirings. Everything I said is true. The only benefit to a team like Washington or Cleveland in acquiring Al or Paul midseason would be to gain his Bird rights. They're not making the playoffs with or without Jefferson or Paul. LOL @ thinking Washington is going to give up John ****in' Wall just to get out of Nene's deal, which isn't even that terrible.

Tell us more about Jabari Parker's future with the Spartans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    So why don't we just draft Bledsoe or whatever when his contract is up and then have him on a rookie contact? (assuming someone else doesn't draft him first, obvi)
    I assume you're being willfully obtuse. You can't possibly be this dumb. Obviously Bledsoe becomes a free agent when his deal ends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron Williams View Post
    Obviously players are only on their rookie deals for their first few seasons in the league. In Bledsoe's case, I believe he's signed through '13-'14 for a pittance (like $2MM annually), and when his contract expires he would be a RFA, meaning we could match other teams' offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron Williams View Post
    I assume you're being willfully obtuse. You can't possibly be this dumb. Obviously Bledsoe becomes a free agent when his deal ends.
    ... and .. free agents can be drafted..

C'mon UGLI, let's go.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ok, Well I leave the contracts and stuff for the accountants, I'm just sayin we should try to get guys for as cheap as possible.

If that means think out of the box and maybe pass over some young guys to draft a veteran...so be it.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Ok, Well I leave the contracts and stuff for the accountants, I'm just sayin we should try to get guys for as cheap as possible.

If that means think out of the box and maybe pass over some young guys to draft a veteran...so be it.
    I apologize if you honestly didn't know about the NBA salary structure. I thought you were trying to be a smart ass. How it works is 1st round picks receive a set salary for their first two years in the league. Then teams have two more option years after (the player's 3rd and 4th seasons). For a guy like Bledsoe, he'll make about $8MM total over his first four years in the league. A higher pick like Wall will make around $24MM across those four seasons. Obviously, that is much less than they would earn if they were free agents, as Al and Paul will be, and as you noted, it is good to have players that are outperforming their contracts. That is the only way a small market team like Utah will win.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    ... and .. free agents can be drafted..

C'mon UGLI, let's go.
    Tell me more about this free agent draft. Weird that I've never heard about such a thing--I'd only paid attention to the rookie entry draft.

Then again I'm just a noob who thinks Jabari Parker is going to Duke.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I feel embarrassed for you after reading this.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    I feel embarrassed for you after reading this.
    Not sure if Deron is a comic genius, or he really thinks people on this site doesn't already believe all of what he says already.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No links, no nothing. Color me skeptical.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Let's work backwards here. Could this actually be Deron Williams? Dude's ****ing bi-polar and sensitive enough to try to defend himself on the webz. Do "his" statements in the original post sound like something Deron himself would have said based on his situation over the last couple years. I say yes. So **** you Deron.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I bet you've just found that out and pretending like you always knew.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

October 2014 Update: Enes is eating crow so far.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Me?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Me?
    I just answered the thread question. I didn't go through the whole thing except for PKM's post which one obviously cannot avoid he is always there in time when someone needs to get owned.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

October 2014 Update: Enes is eating crow so far.