Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Level

Definition of JAZZ Basketball?

Can someone remind me what said defintion of jazz basketball is/waS?

all i know this aint jazz basketball
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Rep Level
    I don't know what it used to be. But the emphasis now seems to be on putting bums on seats.

Doesn't matter whether we win championships or not, as long as we're selling tickets.

And I don't like it one bit
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Playing basketball with a saxophone?

Rep Level
    coach trying to keep job
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Jazz basketball for most of our lifetimes has only been played by great players (Malone, Stock, Deron) and great coaching (Jerry). This team has neither of those aspects and no signs of getting back to that any time soon.

Rep Level
    Jazz basketball used to be:

#1 Hard nosed, physical, and disciplined. We lived in the paint and FT line. We had a (predictable) but devastating offensive play/strategy. Stockton to Malone... Duron to Boozer/Memo. Currently, we avoid the FT line and paint at all costs and have no strategy or idea what the hell works. We rarely play physical, we're mentally weak, and typically come out lackadaisical. We're in... what? Year 3? And I still ahve no clue what the hell Ty Corbin is trying to do.

#2 We used to play inside out. Not chuck from the outside in. In the old Jazz system the "Big 4" would be the primary scorers while Hayward, Burks, etc would be cutting and slashing to the rim rdy to receive passes from the post players. The PG's primary job was to get the ball to these primary scorers. Today, we have a SG who tries to play PG and 2 PG's who are literally 5 years past their expiration date.

#3 We used to control the tempo, execute until we got the shot that we wanted (even if the shot clock was winding down), and made players in our system better. Duron Williams just reminded us this past week of this fact. Whether it was Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, Carlos Boozer, or Duron Williams... Players typically increased while in our system and declined when outside. The exact opposite is occurring right now. We never control the tempo, never execute even good shots, and I honestly can't think of a player in our system who wouldn't benefit greatly by going elsewhere.

#4 Lastly, leadership. Larry, Jerry, Stock/Malone, Duron, etc wanted to win. I'm not so sure Greggy, Ty, and our "star players" are very concerned over that right now. It seems like one is concerned about merely filling his bank account, Ty is busy cheerleading instead of leading, and our "star players" are too concerned with getting theirs so they can request pay increases this summer.
    Corbin sucks.

Rep Level
    I think the Jazz are great. We have the best GM in the world. I love the direction. Awesome. We must not have used our playoff experience super powers on the the GS tankers. What a flukey game.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post

#1 Hard nosed, physical, and disciplined. We lived in the paint and FT line. We had a (predictable) but devastating offensive play/strategy. Stockton to Malone... Duron to Boozer/Memo. Currently, we avoid the FT line and paint at all costs and have no strategy or idea what the hell works. We rarely play physical, we're mentally weak, and typically come out lackadaisical. We're in... what? Year 3? And I still ahve no clue what the hell Ty Corbin is trying to do.

#2 We used to play inside out. Not chuck from the outside in. In the old Jazz system the "Big 4" would be the primary scorers while Hayward, Burks, etc would be cutting and slashing to the rim rdy to receive passes from the post players. The PG's primary job was to get the ball to these primary scorers. Today, we have a SG who tries to play PG and 2 PG's who are literally 5 years past their expiration date.

#3 We used to control the tempo, execute until we got the shot that we wanted (even if the shot clock was winding down), and made players in our system better. Duron Williams just reminded us this past week of this fact. Whether it was Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, Carlos Boozer, or Duron Williams... Players typically increased while in our system and declined when outside. The exact opposite is occurring right now. We never control the tempo, never execute even good shots, and I honestly can't think of a player in our system who wouldn't benefit greatly by going elsewhere.

#4 Lastly, leadership. Larry, Jerry, Stock/Malone, Duron, etc wanted to win. I'm not so sure Greggy, Ty, and our "star players" are very concerned over that right now. It seems like one is concerned about merely filling his bank account, Ty is busy cheerleading instead of leading, and our "star players" are too concerned with getting theirs so they can request pay increases this summer.
    Agree with all of this

Rep Level

Jefferson who leads the team in minutes is the exact opposite of that
    while kanter burks favors carol fit that descirption to a T. yet they play a combined 63mpg
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Banned
    Rep Level
    **** you OP, you wishing injury on BIG AL is NOT jazz basketball thats for damn sure. everyone neg this man.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    **** you OP, you wishing injury on BIG AL is NOT jazz basketball thats for damn sure. everyone neg this man.
    It's also not basketball.

Anyway, **** Big Al.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    It's also not basketball.
    Anyway, **** Big Al.
    what is the "it's" ur referring to? **** big al all you want. that's different than wanting him to literally get injured.

Rep Level
    big al aint jazz basketball
    01-21-2013

Rep Level

In the old Jazz system the "Big 4" would be the primary scorers while Hayward, Burks, etc would be cutting and slashing to the rim rdy to receive passes from the post players. The PG's primary job was to get the ball to these primary scorers.
    I miss this so much, and this more than anything stands out when I watch the games. We see maybe 1 or 2 hard backdoor cuts per game, and I'm shocked when I see a smooth hand off like you'd see in the old days. Just by doing that, even a guy like Ronnie Brewer can look talented.

Rep Level
    All the good things I remember from last and this season was the games when BigAl was missing. I mean the Lakers away game, the Toronto 130pts game which raised the team spirit. Once he came back - everything became just pathetically average and not fun.