Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Jazz basketball used to be this:

I was looking for that. Larry was out of control for a while there, the passion was great, but it was a good thing when he was able to control it better.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I was looking for that. Larry was out of control for a while there, the passion was great, but it was a good thing when he was able to control it better.
    He would have repeated it this year except Warrior fans (or front office/Mark Jackson) instead of Nuggets fans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    Can someone remind me what said defintion of jazz basketball is/waS?

all i know this aint jazz basketball
    Boring?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by friendsinmyhead View Post
    the post we are referencing stated that the goal was now to put butts in seats and not to win championships. a championship may still be the goal, but it does not appear that we are trying to acheive the goal at all costs. Therefore it is probably not the ultimate goal. If we were chasing championships Ty would not be our Head Coach.
    The goal during the years with Stockton and Malone was to make money. Larry H. said it several times. He wanted the franchise to be in the black and was very proud that it had been right up until the time Stockton and Malone finished their careers. Belatedly, Larry H opened his pocketbook with the Deron-led teams to try to win a championship. Had he done so when John and Karl were in their primes, the Jazz may have won a couple of trophies.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    We never won a championship, but we always over-performed. Our system made us better than our roster should have allowed.
    and now we are underperformning
    our lack of system makes us worse than our roster should allow
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Deron to Boozer/Memo teams were almost just as soft. They should not have been mentioned. In fact, we avoid the paint so badly we're 8th in the league in free throw attempts per game. Last year, we were 4th. The year before 9th. The five seasons prior we were either 2nd or 3rd. A drop but far from a steep one.
    atleast offensivly they played jazz basketball.

this years team does not play jazz basketball offensivly defensivly
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Didn't Favors and Kanter, just yesterday, get into a huge fight?
    and how many minutes do they get compared to anti jazz basketball jeffersucks?
    01-21-2013

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    atleast offensivly they played jazz basketball.

this years team does not play jazz basketball offensivly defensivly
    Fair enough.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    dutchjazzer is an idiot. dont encourage him with a 'fair enough' bro. the difference between those teams and this one is they had 2 legit hall of fame players on the team. put 2 HOFers on this team and it's back to "JAZZ BASKETBALL" or whatever the hell you wanna call it. tl;dr: dutch is a dbag and HOFer make everything look better. also: dutch is a dbag please neg rape him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    dutchjazzer is an idiot. dont encourage him with a 'fair enough' bro. the difference between those teams and this one is they had 2 legit hall of fame players on the team. put 2 HOFers on this team and it's back to "JAZZ BASKETBALL" or whatever the hell you wanna call it. tl;dr: dutch is a dbag and HOFer make everything look better. also: dutch is a dbag please neg rape him.
    I'm making the same observations that Dutch is, and I disagree that all we need is two Hall of Fame players. Sloan ran a system and had an identity... love it or hate it he had one. Corbin doesn't his team lacks an identity... If we had two hall of famers somehow land on the Jazz, I'm convinced Corbin would just run isos... that is NOT "Jazz basketball"

However, I'm not convinced "Jazz Basketball" can exist in the modern NBA. Not unless you build a team with a defensive mind-set and play unselfish offensively. Nowadays players respond better to a Run and Gun chucka-iso-thon that has become the modern NBA... bleh. Even Sloan's later D-Will teams had lost that Defensive edge that Sloan was known for...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I will do no such thing!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    The goal during the years with Stockton and Malone was to make money. Larry H. said it several times. He wanted the franchise to be in the black and was very proud that it had been right up until the time Stockton and Malone finished their careers. Belatedly, Larry H opened his pocketbook with the Deron-led teams to try to win a championship. Had he done so when John and Karl were in their primes, the Jazz may have won a couple of trophies.
    Yep.. we squandered Stockton and Malone's prime, and then threw money at the wrong generation of Jazz players.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm making the same observations that Dutch is, and I disagree that all we need is two Hall of Fame players. Sloan ran a system and had an identity... love it or hate it he had one. Corbin doesn't his team lacks an identity... If we had two hall of famers somehow land on the Jazz, I'm convinced Corbin would just run isos... that is NOT "Jazz basketball"

However, I'm not convinced "Jazz Basketball" can exist in the modern NBA. Not unless you build a team with a defensive mind-set and play unselfish offensively. Nowadays players respond better to a Run and Gun chucka-iso-thon that has become the modern NBA... bleh. Even Sloan's later D-Will teams had lost that Defensive edge that Sloan was known for...

i wanted TyCo gone before most everybody here so i am no fan of his. I think TyCo does have an identity, it's just not one I/we particularly like. you said it urself, lots of isos for the bigs. that's an identity bro. opposing teams know that utah is gonna pound the ball in the front court and build from there. and you said it urself that u seem to miss sloan ball moreso than jazz ball whatever that means and that sloanball is impossible to fully implement nowadays. i agree with u on getting tyco outta here but dont get fooled by dutch he is just a BIG AL hater. hes trying to blame big al for everything and wishes big al would get injured and die. you sound reasonable and i semi agree with u but dont get fooled by dbagdutch

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

have You seen how favors runs pick and roll defense.
    if i was a 6 foot guard i would think twice.
    favors jumps out and bodychecks the guard on the 3 point line.
    which makes gaurd thinks twice after that he runs back to his man.

what does it acomplish? you may ask?
    it fricking breaks the offensive flow of the guard. so the offensive set has to be reset.
    kanter does it also.
    so give kanter and favors 30+ minutes. and jazz have that defensive edge back.
    it will be contagious. before you know it millsap will be playing with that fire.
    gordon, (burks, watson already plays with that fire).
    it will be contagious.

great defense from a center is contagious. seeing as they are the last line of defense. so yeah give favors kanter 30 minutes PER.
    and watch millsap defense improve. don't know if al is able to improve his defense in limted minutes.

we dont need jefferson offense.
    favors millsap and kanter/burks are way better scorers.
    we dont need lazy al's rebounding.
    burks is just as a good rebounder
    kanter favors and millsap will pickup the slack.

once teams know jazz play gritte physical defense. jazz will win way more games
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i wanted TyCo gone before most everybody here so i am no fan of his. I think TyCo does have an identity, it's just not one I/we particularly like. you said it urself, lots of isos for the bigs. that's an identity bro. opposing teams know that utah is gonna pound the ball in the front court and build from there. and you said it urself that u seem to miss sloan ball moreso than jazz ball whatever that means and that sloanball is impossible to fully implement nowadays. i agree with u on getting tyco outta here but dont get fooled by dutch he is just a BIG AL hater. hes trying to blame big al for everything and wishes big al would get injured and die. you sound reasonable and i semi agree with u but dont get fooled by dbagdutch
    Fair enough response (except for the needless slams on a fellow poster). Iso's may be an identity (I will concede that), however, I don't believe Iso's should be a professional team's identity. I might as well watch amateurs play... It would be cheaper.