From tonight at least it seems pretty clear that the GSW model seemed to have worked pretty well:
- gamble a year and tank (which only really works in a year with a loaded draft class)
- give young players (Thompson, Jenkins) plenty of experience against good players (at the cost of W's)
- get a decent player from draft (Barnes)
This is in complete contrast to the Jazz's model which is:
- tanking? What's that?
- play vets big minutes to give us a chance to win the game
- play young players limited minutes VS subs
- compete for the playoffs no matter what (even in a loaded draft year, even at the expense of giving young guys experience)
- main aim seems to be assembling a team which sells tickets no matter what
- Our young guys look lost against decent competition or when called upon to play big minutes
- Our young guys don't seem to have any 'go to move' due to the limited minutes they received last year
- We could have picked up a decent player in the draft
- With that pick, we may be could have traded for Harden together with another player if we wanted to
I don't know.. those are my thoughts.. what do you guys think?
I don't really feel like arguing with anyone, just wanted a friendly discussion on this.