Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    im in the camp that thinks Coach Sloan quit when he found out KOC was gonna trade Deron, so I would LOVE to see him coaching in BK!!
    I think you have your facts mixed up. Jerry wanted Deron suspended. KOC/Greg refused. Jerry tendered his resignation shortly thereafter.

It was widely reported KOC and Greg tried to KEEP Sloan by telling him they'd shop Deron. They met with him in the locker room, but were unable to change Sloan's mind. It was a week later when KOC talked to NJ about a trade. In fact, AK was the reason for the phone call, but NJ wasn't interested. By KOC's own account, he then asked NJ if they'd be interested in anyone else on the roster and to make an offer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would prefer Avery over Corbin. Avery might give us a defensive identity. He would also fit in with the people of Utah... ya'know with the whole lover-scorned mentality that we have with D-Will. In fact, I'm starting to think he might be a perfect fit.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Avery!?!?!?!?!? SERIOIUSLY!?!?
    Did you guys see the BKN game versus the Jazz? They ran like 50% gaurd ISOs....and 30% Jazz plays....
    Watchin Avery basketball will make you puke.

EDIT- A defensive attitude?!?!? Go outside and check out what Avery's defensive rating is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Avery!?!?!?!?!? SERIOIUSLY!?!?
    Did you guys see the BKN game versus the Jazz? They ran like 50% gaurd ISOs....and 30% Jazz plays....
    Watchin Avery basketball will make you puke.

EDIT- A defensive attitude?!?!? Go outside and check out what Avery's defensive rating is.
    Let me defend my admittedly cynical claim...

Here is my thought process Avery would improve our defensive schemes (I'm banking on his defensive first mentality giving us an "identity"), however, his offense would be extremely bland (a ton of isos). The thing is is that right now the Jazz's offense involves Al forcing push shots and volume shooting. Also, Avery runs guard isos because he has Johnson and Williams (his best players)... If he coached the jazz, his offense would more than likely become isos with Al (his best player)... Thus our offense probably wouldn't change that much.

Granted, I don't want Avery Johnson as our coach... I just want the Jazz to change from whatever mentality they've adopted since Sloan left. I' think I'm just becoming extremely cynical about the direction of this organization. I apologize.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    Let me defend my admittedly cynical claim...

Here is my thought process Avery would improve our defensive schemes (I'm banking on his defensive first mentality giving us an "identity"), however, his offense would be extremely bland (a ton of isos). The thing is is that right now the Jazz's offense involves Al forcing push shots and volume shooting. Also, Avery runs guard isos because he has Johnson and Williams (his best players)... If he coached the jazz, his offense would more than likely become isos with Al (his best player)... Thus our offense probably wouldn't change that much.

Granted, I don't want Avery Johnson as our coach... I just want the Jazz to change from whatever mentality they've adopted since Sloan left. I' think I'm just becoming extremely cynical about the direction of this organization. I apologize.
    No need to apologize.
    Avery is a terrible coach, he deserved to be fired. I just wanted to make that clear.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Coach Killer strikes again. How many coaches will Deron take out before he retires???

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Prokhorov fired Avery only after being told that he couldn't be tried in a Russian court and then executed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    Coach Killer strikes again. How many coaches will Deron take out before he retires???
    I read that his coach in Turkey was released after last season. So I'm wondering who in the world is going to touch that Nets job?
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I hope they hire Deron to be the coach.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Any reason why Utah shouldn't be calling Avery right now?
    because utah aint firing corbin
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I think you have your facts mixed up. Jerry wanted Deron suspended. KOC/Greg refused. Jerry tendered his resignation shortly thereafter.
    No, you're confused. Jerry didn't believe in suspensions, since they cost players money. He once had Ostertag suit up for a game but didn't play him (at a time when he was in the rotation), that was Jerry's version of a suspension. There's no way he went to KOC/Greg and asked for Williams to be suspended. Plus suspensions don't seem to be the Jazz way of doing things. They didn't even suspend Williams for the "Torrey Ellis" incident, just fined him.

On the other hand, Arroyo, Giricek and Braille all had major run-ins with the coach, and they weren't suspended. Arroyo got benched, Giricek and Braille were sent home from road trips. Arroyo and Giricek got traded, the other should have been, but even he's still getting his paychecks. So there is precedent for the Jazz trading disgruntled/troublesome players.

[To be fair, perhaps Sloan said he was going to bench Williams for the next game - a DNP-CD rather than suspension - and KOC/Greg overruled him, so he quit. Or perhaps they said "Okay, but if he's that much trouble, we'll trade him", Sloan objected to that, and when KOC/Greg insisted, he quit.]
    You've always had a place to watch, now you have a place to ROOT!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    [To be fair, perhaps Sloan said he was going to bench Williams for the next game - a DNP-CD rather than suspension - and KOC/Greg overruled him, so he quit. Or perhaps they said "Okay, but if he's that much trouble, we'll trade him", Sloan objected to that, and when KOC/Greg insisted, he quit.]
    Read this article, which states the Deron trade happened "quickly." Nothing was in the works when Sloan stepped aside two weeks earlier. And there are countless articles detailing the on-going troubles between Deron and Jerry, specifically that Deron often refused to run Jerry's plays. Deron was traded because he would not commit to remaining in Utah. The trade was made a few days after a close friend of Deron's told the media that Deron would be interested in playing for the NY Knicks when his contract expired.

Jerry wanted Greg and KOC to rein in Deron. They refused. I firmly believe that if Larry H. had still been alive, Jerry would still be the coach. Deron would have been benched, fined or suspended by the team, then traded to the highest bidder. Who knows, the offer could have been MUCH better had Deron been shopped on the open market.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...de.html?pg=all

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    No need to apologize.
    Avery is a terrible coach, he deserved to be fired. I just wanted to make that clear.
    Yeah, like Brown I consider Avery Johnson to be a total POS as a coach. TyCo may not be very good and certainly doesn't seem to be inspired as a head coach, cut he isn't total suck like those two guys.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How many teams has Johnson coached?
    Mavs, Nets, anyone else.
    Been given at least two chances to succeed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Nets are looking to see if Phil Jackson has interest

Would love to have Phil coach jazz