Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    I Like Warm Hugs Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Saving up for League Pass
    Posts
    14,932
    Total Rep Points
    26820
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    im in the camp that thinks Coach Sloan quit when he found out KOC was gonna trade Deron, so I would LOVE to see him coaching in BK!!
    I think you have your facts mixed up. Jerry wanted Deron suspended. KOC/Greg refused. Jerry tendered his resignation shortly thereafter.

    It was widely reported KOC and Greg tried to KEEP Sloan by telling him they'd shop Deron. They met with him in the locker room, but were unable to change Sloan's mind. It was a week later when KOC talked to NJ about a trade. In fact, AK was the reason for the phone call, but NJ wasn't interested. By KOC's own account, he then asked NJ if they'd be interested in anyone else on the roster and to make an offer.

  2. #17
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Total Rep Points
    2772
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    I would prefer Avery over Corbin. Avery might give us a defensive identity. He would also fit in with the people of Utah... ya'know with the whole lover-scorned mentality that we have with D-Will. In fact, I'm starting to think he might be a perfect fit.

  3.  

     

  4. #18
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Avery!?!?!?!?!? SERIOIUSLY!?!?
    Did you guys see the BKN game versus the Jazz? They ran like 50% gaurd ISOs....and 30% Jazz plays....
    Watchin Avery basketball will make you puke.

    EDIT- A defensive attitude?!?!? Go outside and check out what Avery's defensive rating is.

  5. #19
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Total Rep Points
    2772
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Avery!?!?!?!?!? SERIOIUSLY!?!?
    Did you guys see the BKN game versus the Jazz? They ran like 50% gaurd ISOs....and 30% Jazz plays....
    Watchin Avery basketball will make you puke.

    EDIT- A defensive attitude?!?!? Go outside and check out what Avery's defensive rating is.
    Let me defend my admittedly cynical claim...

    Here is my thought process Avery would improve our defensive schemes (I'm banking on his defensive first mentality giving us an "identity"), however, his offense would be extremely bland (a ton of isos). The thing is is that right now the Jazz's offense involves Al forcing push shots and volume shooting. Also, Avery runs guard isos because he has Johnson and Williams (his best players)... If he coached the jazz, his offense would more than likely become isos with Al (his best player)... Thus our offense probably wouldn't change that much.

    Granted, I don't want Avery Johnson as our coach... I just want the Jazz to change from whatever mentality they've adopted since Sloan left. I' think I'm just becoming extremely cynical about the direction of this organization. I apologize.

  6. #20
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    Let me defend my admittedly cynical claim...

    Here is my thought process Avery would improve our defensive schemes (I'm banking on his defensive first mentality giving us an "identity"), however, his offense would be extremely bland (a ton of isos). The thing is is that right now the Jazz's offense involves Al forcing push shots and volume shooting. Also, Avery runs guard isos because he has Johnson and Williams (his best players)... If he coached the jazz, his offense would more than likely become isos with Al (his best player)... Thus our offense probably wouldn't change that much.

    Granted, I don't want Avery Johnson as our coach... I just want the Jazz to change from whatever mentality they've adopted since Sloan left. I' think I'm just becoming extremely cynical about the direction of this organization. I apologize.
    No need to apologize.
    Avery is a terrible coach, he deserved to be fired. I just wanted to make that clear.

  7. #21
    Senior Member sojodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Front Of My 100" Screen
    Posts
    1,792
    Total Rep Points
    2222
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    Coach Killer strikes again. How many coaches will Deron take out before he retires???

  8. #22
    I Like Warm Hugs Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Saving up for League Pass
    Posts
    14,932
    Total Rep Points
    26820
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Prokhorov fired Avery only after being told that he couldn't be tried in a Russian court and then executed.

  9. #23
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On my way to greater things.
    Posts
    5,766
    Total Rep Points
    15021
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    Coach Killer strikes again. How many coaches will Deron take out before he retires???
    I read that his coach in Turkey was released after last season. So I'm wondering who in the world is going to touch that Nets job?
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

  10. #24
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,944
    Total Rep Points
    6196
    Rep Adjustment Power
    38
    I hope they hire Deron to be the coach.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  11. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,541
    Total Rep Points
    4566
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Any reason why Utah shouldn't be calling Avery right now?
    because utah aint firing corbin
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  12. #26
    Senior Member Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    748
    Total Rep Points
    1520
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I think you have your facts mixed up. Jerry wanted Deron suspended. KOC/Greg refused. Jerry tendered his resignation shortly thereafter.
    No, you're confused. Jerry didn't believe in suspensions, since they cost players money. He once had Ostertag suit up for a game but didn't play him (at a time when he was in the rotation), that was Jerry's version of a suspension. There's no way he went to KOC/Greg and asked for Williams to be suspended. Plus suspensions don't seem to be the Jazz way of doing things. They didn't even suspend Williams for the "Torrey Ellis" incident, just fined him.

    On the other hand, Arroyo, Giricek and Braille all had major run-ins with the coach, and they weren't suspended. Arroyo got benched, Giricek and Braille were sent home from road trips. Arroyo and Giricek got traded, the other should have been, but even he's still getting his paychecks. So there is precedent for the Jazz trading disgruntled/troublesome players.

    [To be fair, perhaps Sloan said he was going to bench Williams for the next game - a DNP-CD rather than suspension - and KOC/Greg overruled him, so he quit. Or perhaps they said "Okay, but if he's that much trouble, we'll trade him", Sloan objected to that, and when KOC/Greg insisted, he quit.]
    You've always had a place to watch, now you have a place to ROOT!

  13. #27
    I Like Warm Hugs Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Saving up for League Pass
    Posts
    14,932
    Total Rep Points
    26820
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    [To be fair, perhaps Sloan said he was going to bench Williams for the next game - a DNP-CD rather than suspension - and KOC/Greg overruled him, so he quit. Or perhaps they said "Okay, but if he's that much trouble, we'll trade him", Sloan objected to that, and when KOC/Greg insisted, he quit.]
    Read this article, which states the Deron trade happened "quickly." Nothing was in the works when Sloan stepped aside two weeks earlier. And there are countless articles detailing the on-going troubles between Deron and Jerry, specifically that Deron often refused to run Jerry's plays. Deron was traded because he would not commit to remaining in Utah. The trade was made a few days after a close friend of Deron's told the media that Deron would be interested in playing for the NY Knicks when his contract expired.

    Jerry wanted Greg and KOC to rein in Deron. They refused. I firmly believe that if Larry H. had still been alive, Jerry would still be the coach. Deron would have been benched, fined or suspended by the team, then traded to the highest bidder. Who knows, the offer could have been MUCH better had Deron been shopped on the open market.

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...de.html?pg=all

  14. #28
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,235
    Total Rep Points
    3917
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    No need to apologize.
    Avery is a terrible coach, he deserved to be fired. I just wanted to make that clear.
    Yeah, like Brown I consider Avery Johnson to be a total POS as a coach. TyCo may not be very good and certainly doesn't seem to be inspired as a head coach, cut he isn't total suck like those two guys.

  15. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sandy Utah
    Posts
    1,087
    Total Rep Points
    516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    How many teams has Johnson coached?
    Mavs, Nets, anyone else.
    Been given at least two chances to succeed.

  16. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    Total Rep Points
    273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Nets are looking to see if Phil Jackson has interest


    Would love to have Phil coach jazz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •