Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Kyle Lowry on the trading block

"Though hes out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. NBA.com"

Via Sam Smith

Definitely be an upgrade over Mo

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They will want to package Lowry with Bargnani, but I doubt any team would do that. I'm too lazy to tinker around with trade machine right now

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    They will want to package Lowry with Bargnani, but I doubt any team would do that. I'm too lazy to tinker around with trade machine right now
    Al's salary would about match.

Milsap, Marvin, and Bell for Lowry, Bargs, and Fields would be close.

I'm thinking Jazz need to act rather than wait. Already talk that Portland might move Aldridge and/Hickson. Market could be all used up if KOC waits it out again.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mo & Paul works financially. This will also mean that Jefferson won't be resigned after this season & Favors/Kanter needs to step up their game in the meanwhile!!
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sign me up! Although I want nothing to do with Bargs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    Mo & Paul works financially. This will also mean that Jefferson won't be resigned after this season & Favors/Kanter needs to step up their game in the meanwhile!!
    Jefferson and Bargnani would be the worst defensive frontline of all time. We better get some ort of a pick back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would rather have Big Al's expiring contract than Bargs 3 years/33 mil contract. But maybe they would be ok with this one;
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cnjydeh

Lowry and Gray for Milsap. That would give us a back-up center we need for next year and upgrade at pg spot and cap space for them to make some additions next year.

Edit; Take Kleiza's contract too if you want them to take Big Al instead of Sap;
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqr5hby
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjazz107 View Post
    Definitely be an upgrade over Mo

ROFL. There is a reason Raptors win more without him. Bargnani is the one to blame as well, but Lowry is just as bad "hero" ball chucker/stat padding player who does not help his team win. Him and Big Al chucking would make this board explode with hate.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    ROFL. There is a reason Raptors win more without him. Bargnani is the one to blame as well, but Lowry is just as bad "hero" ball chucker/stat padding player who does not help his team win. Him and Big Al chucking would make this board explode with hate.
    Not many other options especially with the deadline close...he's definitely a better rebounder and passer than Mo

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not many other options especially with the deadline close...he's definitely a better rebounder and passer than Mo
    If it is not going to result in more wins, so why bother? He is bad in pick and roll, terrible defender and likes to freestyle on both sides of the court instead of playing within structured offense or defense. Does it look like player who would do well with the Jazz?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If it is not going to result in more wins, so why bother? He is bad in pick and roll, terrible defender and likes to freestyle on both sides of the court instead of playing within structured offense or defense. Does it look like player who would do well with the Jazz?
    Sounds almost exactly like how we play lately.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How much better is Mo Williams at defensive? He was often cross-matched with Eric Bledsoe, which provided some relief, but he's not much better at guarding 1s than he is at checking 2s. He lacks speed against quicker guards. Lowry had a bad defensive season but if you look at past seasons, Hollinger actually rates him as one of the best defensive PG's.

"Normally among the best defensive point guards in basketball, Lowry's defensive metrics were pretty ho-hum last season." - Hollinger

Not saying he improved this year but there could be a lot of factors including the type of defense the Raptors run that could contribute to his poor defensive season

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    have to agree with AK.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How much better is Mo Williams at defensive?
    We should get Calderon - he sucks on defense as well, but at least he knows how to pass and run offense. Unfortunately Raptors probably unerstood that as well and I doubt they will trade him now.
    It is really sad reality that there is just no true pass first PG's available anymore. Paul, Rondo, Nash, Calderon, maybe Lin? Who else?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    have to agree with AK.
    You don't see that alot around here.

AK is right they suck. But everybody's poop stinks, do you think Toronto fans would be dancing in the streets to get a 5 month Big Al rental? No.

The Jazz's reality is 1-wait it out till July with this group and sign a free agent (how has that worked out lately?) or 2-take on somebody elses garbage. I'm still betting on #1.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL