Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    But I thought Calderon was available to everyone in the league?
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Jazz's situation is so bad at the position that I would look at this. But only if Al is gone in the process. Otherwise, this is a non-starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He gets to the free throw line a lot. Which I know Dennis Lindsey Loves when looking at stats.
    But his shooting percentages are not good. from the 3 or the field. He is also injury prone. I don't think Lindsey will do this trade.

It would need to be a 3 team trade. I don't like Lowry. Would I trade Jefferson for him? Yes but I would hope Lowry is a last option kind of thing.
    "The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team." - John Wooden

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    He gets to the free throw line a lot. Which I know Dennis Lindsey Loves when looking at stats.
    But his shooting percentages are not good. from the 3 or the field. He is also injury prone. I don't think Lindsey will do this trade.

It would need to be a 3 team trade. I don't like Lowry. Would I trade Jefferson for him? Yes but I would hope Lowry is a last option kind of thing.
    Seems like when he goes down with an injury his team gets better. Rockets got better when Dragic got the full time job and Raptors got better when Calderon got back to the starter. Not sure Lowry would be the man for us.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lowry just isn't leadership material. I think that's what Jazz want in a PG...I mean we got Tinsley, Watson, and Mo and they're more leaders than they are players.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    How do you know that? Is there an insider among us?
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post

Lowry and Gray for Milsap. That would give us a back-up center we need for next year and upgrade at pg spot and cap space for them to make some additions next year.

Edit; Take Kleiza's contract too if you want them to take Big Al instead of Sap;
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqr5hby
    but why would they want Sap for a 1/2 rental?

seems like we'd either have to throw in a pick ourselves, or take on Barg's gross contract.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Senior Member AKistheFEARFACTOR's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Keep Al.

Trade Millsap for Lowry or Calderon, picks on either side for balance.
    houston native jazz fan from a father who grew up in los angeles.

rep it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    1/2 year rental is not really the attraction. Big Al is valuable as a salary dump (Bargs, in this case.)

I'd have more faith in a chance (key word - chance) of reforming someone like lowry if JSlo was still on board. No confiddence in TCo on that front. But my small view of lowry is that he's a good athlete, but bad team basketball player, and probably JSlo would just clash with him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's sad we are clamoring to get someone else's garbage like this. All the Jazz front office has been planning for the last few years has been to have outrageous cap space when the punitive luxury tax kicks in. Adding anyone who isn't a star or good young prospect, just doesn't make sense. Especially when last season would have been a better time to trade guys like Al or Paul. I honestly have no idea what the plan is, but adding mediocre players on 2+ year contracts better not be the endgame.
    BPA DL ASAP

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the Jazz is looking for an ok PG (Keyword: OK not great, more than serviceable) how about this?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csbn5b9

Jazz get Stuckey but get stuck with Villanueva for 2 years. Which is in time to re-sign Favors and Hayward, i think.
    Besides when was the last time Jazz have 8 top15 draft pick in a lineup =) That's one more that the Jazz have right now!

Pistons do this for salary dump for the end of the year.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by royzzz View Post
    If the Jazz is looking for an ok PG (Keyword: OK not great, more than serviceable) how about this?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csbn5b9

Jazz get Stuckey but get stuck with Villanueva for 2 years. Which is in time to re-sign Favors and Hayward, i think.
    Besides when was the last time Jazz have 8 top15 draft pick in a lineup =) That's one more that the Jazz have right now!

Pistons do this for salary dump for the end of the year.
    I dont hate this, actually. But, I'd want at least a second-rounder in the deal. I like those early second-round picks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Draft picks should always be there. How does one include draft picks in the trade machine.

How about this?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxw5o9h

Jazz get RAnderson AND KWalker.
    Bobcats get an inside and outside operators to break their slide. At the expense of Walker though. But they also get rid of big contracts.
    76ers get an additional inside presence just for Richardson.
    NOH gets an additional inside presence, and replacements for Gordon who does not want to be there.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    but why would they want Sap for a 1/2 rental?

seems like we'd either have to throw in a pick ourselves, or take on Barg's gross contract.
    For cap space. Gray and Kleiza is not even in rotation for Raptors and Raptors will pay about 7 mil to them for this year and next year. And obviously they dont want to move on with Lowry. Take this contracts and give them a 1/2 contract as a salary dump + a pick maybe.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by royzzz View Post
    Draft picks should always be there. How does one include draft picks in the trade machine.

How about this?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxw5o9h

Jazz get RAnderson AND KWalker.
    Bobcats get an inside and outside operators to break their slide. At the expense of Walker though. But they also get rid of big contracts.
    76ers get an additional inside presence just for Richardson.
    NOH gets an additional inside presence, and replacements for Gordon who does not want to be there.
    There is no way Nola would do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?