Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Cobin is the coach, not the GM sir.
    Gee, I didn't realize the GM decided who played. Man, how could I be so stupid!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There were some serious issues to deal with as far as substitution goes.

Millsap was not very effective, Favors/Burks were in foul trouble in the first half, and Kanter guarding Griffin is probably a disaster.

For the people pissed that Ty waited probably 2-3 minutes in the middle-late 3rd while the starters began to foul constantly and stopped moving, what would you have done?

When Favors came back he committed 2 stupid fouls. Fouled Crawford way late and then drove right into Odom. Burks has been way, way better than he looked early on but he fouls too. Hayward played a ton. I hope you guys don't really believe Kanter/Millsap would have saved the day.

Now, the last play isolating Foye was not a great move. IMO Ty could have done the same thing with Burks and let the kid fly. We didn't need a 3 and Burks had been pretty good. But besides that, we were beating the opponent, it was the referees that removed the 5 point lead late.
    Apologist keeps working. Damn, bro. Get your prescription updated.

Ty's stubbornness can't even be broken by Mo's absence. The big prob in the third was defending Paul... for which he did nothing but EXACTLY what didn't work in the 2nd. And, you go with effective bench players with slight foul trouble before you hemorrhage your **** all over the floor... especially when you're just gonna auto-sub them in the fourth.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Gee, I didn't realize the GM decided who played. Man, how could I be so stupid!
    Perhaps it would behoove you to respond to my earlier post then.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Yer right, but if Corbin made adjustments, Del Negro would just make adjustments and the Jazz would be right back where they started.

Maybe Ty is just playing the percentages--if Chris Paul makes his first 5 shots against a specific defense set, he should miss his next 4 or 5, shouldn't he?
    lulz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If I were Kanter or Favor I would get out of here ASAP. There is nothing for them to learn from Corbin. The league is in dire need to talented big men. The management is starting play with Fire. Other scouts are starting to see the talented defense of our bench. If owners arent careful, we will lose it all and be left with the black hole and finish 9th seed every year for the next 5 years.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Yer right, but if Corbin made adjustments, Del Negro would just make adjustments and the Jazz would be right back where they started.

Maybe Ty is just playing the percentages--if Chris Paul makes his first 5 shots against a specific defense set, he should miss his next 4 or 5, shouldn't he?
    Ahhhh! I begin to understand Corbin's coaching ... why waste brain power making adjustments when you know the other coach will just counter with his own adjustments? It's a null game, so just keep feeding Jefferson or jacking up threes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    What did you think about all the calls? Seems like we got hosed overall. Refs were calling it different on their end.
    The Jazz lost this game when they blew their 19 point lead but yes the refs did start calling the game for the clips at the end.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Apologist keeps working. Damn, bro. Get your prescription updated.

Ty's stubbornness can't even be broken by Mo's absence. The big prob in the third was defending Paul... for which he did nothing but EXACTLY what didn't work in the 2nd. And, you go with effective bench players with slight foul trouble before you hemorrhage your **** all over the floor... especially when you're just gonna auto-sub them in the fourth.
    Not really an answer. When you know your best defensive player already has 3 fouls and is prone to them, don't you want to save him a little? It's not an easy answer. Favors easily could have helped us coming in 2 minutes earlier, but even with Ty saving him he played himself off the court. Now I completely agree with everyone that wanted more squeezed out of him having 1 more to give, but where was that? Do you put him in for some clutch D with the refs calling touch fouls and the opponent in the penalty? Would you have put him in earlier in the 3rd to stop the bleeding and maybe have no Favs in the 4th? What would you have done?
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    lulz
    No joke, I skimmed a little and thought Brown Notes said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Perhaps it would behoove you to respond to my earlier post then.
    Why? I said that it doesn't matter how much talent the Jazz have, because Corbin doesn't know how to use them, and you responded Corbin isn't the GM. What does that have to do with any other post you may have made?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    No joke, I skimmed a little and thought Brown Notes said that.
    Wicked burn, Stallion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I thought Corbin did a pretty good job til the last defensive possession. Isn't the point of taking Favors out with 5 fouls is to save him for that exact moment?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I thought Corbin did a pretty good job til the last defensive possession. Isn't the point of taking Favors out with 5 fouls is to save him for that exact moment?
    That's a good answer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not really an answer. When you know your best defensive player already has 3 fouls and is prone to them, don't you want to save him a little? It's not an easy answer. Favors easily could have helped us coming in 2 minutes earlier, but even with Ty saving him he played himself off the court. Now I completely agree with everyone that wanted more squeezed out of him having 1 more to give, but where was that? Do you put him in for some clutch D with the refs calling touch fouls and the opponent in the penalty? Would you have put him in earlier in the 3rd to stop the bleeding and maybe have no Favs in the 4th? What would you have done?
    You just skimmed past my comment on Chrissy, and then couldn't take a heavy hint?

Carroll has been effective against Paul. That was the crux of the problem.

And, yeah, I put in Favors. Early, in fact.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That's a good answer.
    lulz