Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Level

Jazz Lottery Watch

Too soon?

With 37% of the season in the books, the Jazz are positioned to get the 14th pick.

Who would have thought when the season began that instead of worrying about GS tanking and the Jazz not getting their draft pick, the Warriors are vying for that 5th/6th seed and the Jazz could very well be headed towards a lottery pick.

On the bright side, I guess that means Utah WILL have 2 picks. On a down note, one will likely be in the late 20's and the other in the mid-teens, not really high enough to get impact players. We could be looking at guys similar to Brewer/Almond.

I really, really hate this team and especially Ty "Clueless" Corbin. Let's hope this is the one year KOC/Lindsey decide to blow this mother up and make some deadline deals. I'm also hoping the Clipper win streak goes to 16. Every surprise win just gives the Jazz brass a bit of false hope. Rigby needs to step down and take over LHM Toyota. That way he can be an apologist for them and say Toyota has been making progress in terms of resolving all the quality problems they've had lately.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Too soon?
    No. They are tied for 9th in the west and two teams below them just got better.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Jazz need to prove to their fans that they are about more than being good enough. I agree, blow this mother up! Swing for the fences. If we wiff, at least we tried.

Rep Level
    Yeah, but if they whiff, are you going to shell out the money to go to the games and buy jerseys of the new guys?

Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano
    Rep Level
    I'm not ready to start tanking. I am ready for the Jazz to fire Ty, Move Big AL and Start Favors. If all this is done and no improvement is made then we start manuvering in the draft.

Rep Level
    Worst case scenario; We miss the playoffs and our pick sucks. Looks like that is right where we are headed.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Too early? No. We have the 10th pick in our sites. If we really focus, we can get there.

Rep Level
    If last night was an indication of things to come, we may not win more then 4 or 5 games the rest of the season.

Rep Level
    Watch out. The East sucks

Rep Level
    18 Road Games
    12 Home Games

15-15 over all.

I bet there is still belief from within the organization that we make the playoffs. There is still a chance we do.

Rep Level
    I'd rather pay to see young guys play and root them on, than pay to see Big Al, Millsap, Marvin and Foye suck it up, and we be a fringe playoff team at best.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    18 Road Games
    12 Home Games

15-15 over all.

I bet there is still belief from within the organization that we make the playoffs. There is still a chance we do.
    And that's something to be proud about?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Yeah, but if they whiff, are you going to shell out the money to go to the games and buy jerseys of the new guys?
    I don't buy jerseys, but I'd be up for some new Jazz gear (t-shirts, etc.). I haven't bought anything the last 2 seasons. Last year was anger at the NBA & players for the strike. This season was wait and see re: the Jazz. And what I've seen is sickening. Outside of Hayward, who might not deserve the minutes given his play, Ty and the FO have done little to improve the team. Doesn't matter who KOC gets, Ty won;t coach them correctly. I still say Marvin CAN be a good addition, but not if he's "AK'd" - i.e. ignored on offense. .

Big Al might be the worst center I've seen in quite some time. He has 2 signature moves and those can get taken away very easily. And Millsap has been pure garbage this year. Those guys need to be dumped.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    18 Road Games
    12 Home Games

15-15 over all.

Yep, that's what I'm afraid of. Hopefully, we get destroyed by the Clips both nights and then lose at Phoenix and Denver. Team needs to be well out of the 8th spot by the deadline before any changes might be considered.

Rep Level
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...