Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhhkau View Post
    he didn't. locke is IN LOVE with randy foye the human/upstanding citizen and generally drops his charity work into any discussion relating his worth to the ballclub.

ps. hi jazzfanz. been lurking a while.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhhkau View Post
    he didn't. locke is IN LOVE with randy foye the human/upstanding citizen and generally drops his charity work into any discussion relating his worth to the ballclub.

ps. hi jazzfanz. been lurking a while.
    Yo, hey, whats up, good to have ya, tell us more about your alts, I mean yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dipship31 View Post
    Agreed, the article kind of hints that with some line-up tweaks we'd go from one of the worst rebounding teams to one of the best by benching Randy! Won't happen, but I think this article makes it pretty clear that different line-ups would at least improve our success rate.
    Figuring out the 5 players who play best together is always important regardless of system. I totally agree. But that would only mask the problem.

And people need to remember, Locke is paid by his employer NOT to discuss Ty in a critical light. As is most of the Utah media that the Jazz owns. So all we'll hear is meaningless garbage like the "players need to play with more consistent effort!" or "if this guy was playing a little more efficiently, everything would be better!" or "lets not forget that we weren't supposed to be good!"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    At a minimum. Hayward and favors deserve to start and regularly get 30 minutes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye is ice cold right now, obviously, and he is killing the team. Bad defender, poor shooter, bad passes. I'd love to see more of Hayward and more of Burks. Bring Foye in for 12 mins or so, let him chuck some 3's and if he's hot keep him in the game, if not yank him. Why keep a player on the court for over 28 minutes if he is only good at one thing, 3's, and isn't even doing that well

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    Foye is ice cold right now, obviously, and he is killing the team. Bad defender, poor shooter, bad passes. I'd love to see more of Hayward and more of Burks. Bring Foye in for 12 mins or so, let him chuck some 3's and if he's hot keep him in the game, if not yank him. Why keep a player on the court for over 28 minutes if he is only good at one thing, 3's, and isn't even doing that well
    he is like a mini big al. all he can do is score, and when he isnt doing that pull him out cause he isnt going to give you anything else anywhere else on the floor.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I was just turned onto this article via Twitter. I was going to start a thread and call it "The damning of Randy Foye".

By the way, is there ny coincidence that as soon as the Clippers got rid of Foye they became one of the bet teams in the league? The only similar story is hoe Kevin Love turned into a breakout star as soon as Jefferson was traded. Maybe the organization really is secretly tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is insane.

Randy Foye against the Clippers.
    29:17 mins
    8-13, 28 points
    5 reb, 1 assist

Great game right?
    Plus/Minus- -18!!!!!
    Worst plus minus on the team.
    Minus 18! In a game decided by 2 points, he was -18! In a sense, that means that in the 18 minutes he didn't play, the Jazz outscored the Clippers by 16.
    Even if he has an insane 28 points on 13 shots, he still makes the team that much worse.

Also if you want to spread the hate. Big Al was a minus 17.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "Utah is a rather unique team in that their offense is largely kept afloat by how well they get second shots through offensive rebounds"

....hey guys! We have an "identity!" It's basically the same identity every other team in this pathetic league has! PUT'um UP....I GOT BOUNDS! When you have to rely so much on offensive rebounds to do your scoring....it simply means you have no offensive scheme to begin with! When you know for a fact that your first attempt at scoring is less than 30% because everybody is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, you go to plan B: PUT'um up.....I GOT BOUNDS!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This is insane.

Randy Foye against the Clippers.
    29:17 mins
    8-13, 28 points
    5 reb, 1 assist

Great game right?
    Plus/Minus- -18!!!!!
    Worst plus minus on the team.
    Minus 18! In a game decided by 2 points, he was -18! In a sense, that means that in the 18 minutes he didn't play, the Jazz outscored the Clippers by 16.
    Even if he has an insane 28 points on 13 shots, he still makes the team that much worse.

Also if you want to spread the hate. Big Al was a minus 17.
    Last night's game by Foye shows how flawed the +/- stat is though. The guy scores 28 points on 13 shots and actually grabs 5 boards in the process as well (which we all know now is a huge problem). The reason it's such a flawed stat is that someone can play a great game, but if their other 4 teammates don't pick up the slack then their +/- will suck. I agree with a lot of people that over the course of a big stretch of games it's a better indicator, but on a per game basis it's useless and Randy's line proves it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Last night's game by Foye shows how flawed the +/- stat is though. The guy scores 28 points on 13 shots and actually grabs 5 boards in the process as well (which we all know now is a huge problem). The reason it's such a flawed stat is that someone can play a great game, but if their other 4 teammates don't pick up the slack then their +/- will suck. I agree with a lot of people that over the course of a big stretch of games it's a better indicator, but on a per game basis it's useless and Randy's line proves it.
    Maybe yes, maybe no, its depends on why the minus happened. Did Foye's bad defense lead to his minus 18? I bet it contributed. Also, it is part of a pattern lending more credence to it. And it also demomstrates that Foye having a big game does not necessarily lead to the promised land.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Maybe yes, maybe no, its depends on why the minus happened. Did Foye's bad defense lead to his minus 18? I bet it contributed. Also, it is part of a pattern lending more credence to it. And it also demomstrates that Foye having a big game does not necessarily lead to the promised land.
    There wasn't much wrong with Foye's D last night. The game was won by Paul/Blake/Jordan and I don't recall Foye really being involved with any of them throughout the night. I know there's more factors that go into it, but the bottom line is Randy played good last night despite what the +/- shows.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There wasn't much wrong with Foye's D last night. The game was won by Paul/Blake/Jordan and I don't recall Foye really being involved with any of them throughout the night. I know there's more factors that go into it, but the bottom line is Randy played good last night despite what the +/- shows.
    +/- is not a perfect stat, nothing is. Over a long period of time it becomes more accurate.

Last night Foye played better than he has not of the season. Will he do the same on Sunday? I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'll give you that because Foye was on the floor with Jefferson who was a -17 in a close game.
    My point was that even if Foye has a great game, keeping him and Jefferson (who also had a good game) on the floor is hurting the Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye: The ANTAGONIST of Jazzfanz!

I could eat a peach for hours.