Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    This is something I shared with the STG boys at our get together in November but have never shared here Cuz I was only following JazzFanz when it happened!!

About 2 or 3 weeks before Jerry stepped down I was talking with my buddy in a biology Lab at Dixie State College, we were shooting the bull about the Jazz like we commonly do.

A girl then interrupted us and started to say how Jerry hates Deron and has been trying to get management to trade him. She said that Jerry couldn't deal with Deron's crap anymore and that they need to pick either him or Deron. She claimed that she was a friend of Jerry's new wife's family and that is how she came about this info!

My friend and I looked at each other and after she left started to laugh, we didn't believe a word she said Cuz the miracle in Miami just happened as well as all those comeback wins!!

We were both blown away when Jerry stepped down there after!!
    I have no doubt that what she said was 100 percent true.

That is exactly what my dad's friend told him. I know I know, I don't have any links. But it's more true than any of the links which company men Ben Bagley or David Locke have ever provided.

For literally quite some time Jerry and Duron had been growing a part. It wasn't just a sudden blowup. Things had been boiling over for quite some time.
    Corbin sucks.

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Torrey Ellis is a poison.

But still Jerry disappointed me in the way he just stepped down. In the middle of the season, after a game--just up and walked away. After years of listening to Jerry talk about respect for the game, respect for the Millers, and respect for the fans I expected better from him.

If Jerry was upset that the Jazz had kept an incresingly poisonous Deron, while letting Mathews and Boozer walk, well then he should have not signed the one year extension and just not come back.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Has there ever been a player who admitted to getting his coach fired?

Even Dwight Howard would deny getting/asking Stan Van to be fired. Oh wait, it already happened:

DBag Dwight...

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I have no doubt that what she said was 100 percent true.

That is exactly what my dad's friend told him. I know I know, I don't have any links. But it's more true than any of the links which company men Ben Bagley or David Locke have ever provided.

For literally quite some time Jerry and Duron had been growing a part. It wasn't just a sudden blowup. Things had been boiling over for quite some time.
    The thing that made me believe her words after it all went down was how many of the beat writers and local sports guys said how much a prick Deron would be in interviews and stuff like that!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Here's the thing, if dwill said "people think I was the reason sloan got fired" you might have a point. However he said people think I GOT sloan fired. These are not the same things. Therefor you are being a moran. An amusing moran, but a moran nonetheless.
    So what if Dwill said "people think I GOT Avery fired"....?
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    Bean, Deron said it exactly right. He was talking about perception, not reality. Learn the difference. As your post even states "Many sources keep referring to Sloan getting "fired".

:-)
    But the perception before the last 48 hours was that Sloan stepped down....not fired. So that logic makes no sense. Before yesterday I don't remember an article or a TV analyst referring to Jerry Sloan as getting "fired" by the Jazz.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...