Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 169
  1. #61
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,953
    Total Rep Points
    51454
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    4 dudes trying to fight fire with fire. Correction: stupid fire with stupid fire. I don't expect you'll share the details, but something tells me Cy and Trout motivated all 4 instances. Two posters with plenty of infractions.
    One of those, yes. Two were long-time posters, the other two were newer..
    #dumptruckin

  2.  

     

  3. #62
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,774
    Total Rep Points
    2815
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    ^^^ I'm starting to think that this thread needs to be merged with the conspiracy thread! I'm glad you didn't get involved with the Illuminati PKM.

  4. #63
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,953
    Total Rep Points
    51454
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    ^^^ I'm starting to think that this thread needs to be merged with the conspiracy thread! I'm glad you didn't get involved with the Illuminati PKM.
    Ummmmmmm ......
    #dumptruckin

  5. #64
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,774
    Total Rep Points
    2815
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Ummmmmmm ......
    It was a simple reference to the conspiracy group (neg reps) that tried to recruit you. I'm not referring to the actual Illuminati. They don't exist, Right? Right???

  6. #65
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,953
    Total Rep Points
    51454
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    It was a simple reference to the conspiracy group (neg reps) that tried to recruit you. I'm not referring to the actual Illuminati. They don't exist, Right? Right???
    That's right, Whisky. The Illuminati are nothing but Urban Legend.
    #dumptruckin

  7. #66
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,767
    Total Rep Points
    21316
    Rep Adjustment Power
    82
    I like to use the rep system for a quick and easier private message.

  8. #67
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,767
    Total Rep Points
    21316
    Rep Adjustment Power
    82
    We should be able to buy rep power, bet it, sell it, trade it. I would like to see this thing get even more crazy.

  9. #68
    One Love - One Heart ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,500
    Total Rep Points
    24764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Thank you, because I have never used leverage in any way whatsoever.



    I say we sticky a neg-rep thread in General or this forum. That way the community can determine whether the negs are abusive and act accordingly. I can tell you I have been approached 4 separate times (4 separate posters) about joining in a neg rep campaign against another poster. In each case, not only did I refrain, but advised against the campaign altogether.

    I think rep can be fun and certainly has its upside. Douche posters will be douches regardless the rules .. so let's just all ban together and not stand for complete douchiness... though being a little douche, every now and then, can be way fun. Just don't let it get out of hand.
    But how would that keep posters with high rep count from abusing their rep power? Doesn't it have to come back to Mods penalizing them eventually? I think it'll just create too much back-talking & mud slinging.

    Easiest way is for Mods to look into Neg Repping Records, this should easily catch guys who Neg Rep on a regular basis, and you can then keep an eye on them. I don't think there are that many anyway that are ruining it for most of us.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

    2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

  10. #69
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,953
    Total Rep Points
    51454
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    But how would that keep posters with high rep count from abusing their rep power? Doesn't it have to come back to Mods penalizing them eventually? I think it'll just create too much back-talking & mud slinging.

    Easiest way is for Mods to look into Neg Repping Records, this should easily catch guys who Neg Rep on a regular basis, and you can then keep an eye on them. I don't think there are that many anyway that are ruining it for most of us.
    What I meant was, it's too hard for mods to monitor all rep. And no one wants to be a whiny bitch. Therefore, if we all just agree to simply post our neg rep, it will quickly be brought to the mods attn if something is being abused and it can be dealt with. If I owned this site, I'd just say I'll make the rulez up as I go MFers. Be cute, be a douche, whatever .. but if you piss me off, I'll make your rep -1,000,000 .. or ban you, or whatever. Abuse the site and get abused. Don't like it? Behave or leave.
    #dumptruckin

  11. #70
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,546
    Total Rep Points
    44872
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I'll make the rulez up as I go MFers. Be cute, be a douche, whatever .. but if you piss me off, I'll make your rep -1,000,000 .. or ban you, or whatever. Abuse the site and get abused. Don't like it? Behave or leave.
    So basically the same rules as the BF League and UGLI forum...
    #lol

  12. #71
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,953
    Total Rep Points
    51454
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    So basically the same rules as the BF League and UGLI forum...
    Yep. And it works.
    #dumptruckin

  13. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,239
    Total Rep Points
    9543
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I never gave neg rep when it when it was anonymous but thought it was fun to puzzle together the haters sending it my way.
    When neg rep was anonymous, I had one poster, with whom I disagreed regularly, send me neg rep and sign is as another poster, one who had some sort of odd fixation. Had I cared about rep enough to respond over it, it might have started a flame war. Thus, I think signed rep is a good thing.
    .
    On the general topic, the board has not changed that much since we instituted rep, moved off RealGM, moved on RealGM, etc. Bullies will use rep when it is available, but will find ways to bully when it is not available. I don't see rep making a big difference.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  14. #73
    Super Clutch Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,560
    Total Rep Points
    5514
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    When neg rep was anonymous, I had one poster, with whom I disagreed regularly, send me neg rep and sign is as another poster, one who had some sort of odd fixation. Had I cared about rep enough to respond over it, it might have started a flame war. Thus, I think signed rep is a good thing.
    .
    On the general topic, the board has not changed that much since we instituted rep, moved off RealGM, moved on RealGM, etc. Bullies will use rep when it is available, but will find ways to bully when it is not available. I don't see rep making a big difference.
    Yeah, Vermin, or Verlin or Box (same person) is the guy who would sign other posters names. If ever there was a ban worthy offense I think that's it.

  15. #74
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,953
    Total Rep Points
    51454
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    When neg rep was anonymous, I had one poster, with whom I disagreed regularly, send me neg rep and sign is as another poster, one who had some sort of odd fixation. Had I cared about rep enough to respond over it, it might have started a flame war. Thus, I think signed rep is a good thing.
    .
    On the general topic, the board has not changed that much since we instituted rep, moved off RealGM, moved on RealGM, etc. Bullies will use rep when it is available, but will find ways to bully when it is not available. I don't see rep making a big difference.
    This is what I've been saying, but as usual, OB said it better.
    #dumptruckin

  16. #75
    One Love - One Heart ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,500
    Total Rep Points
    24764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    What I meant was, it's too hard for mods to monitor all rep. And no one wants to be a whiny bitch. Therefore, if we all just agree to simply post our neg rep, it will quickly be brought to the mods attn if something is being abused and it can be dealt with. If I owned this site, I'd just say I'll make the rulez up as I go MFers. Be cute, be a douche, whatever .. but if you piss me off, I'll make your rep -1,000,000 .. or ban you, or whatever. Abuse the site and get abused. Don't like it? Behave or leave.
    Yes that could work. But wasn't it mentioned here that the mods don't have ANY access to the Neg Rep comments? If that's the case, how can you verify if that Neg Rep is legit? Isn't there a system issue we also have to deal with here?
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

    2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •