Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    People want to be loved. No one cares about rep in and of itself. People just seek the approval of others. Neg reps hurt, I'll admit it, even if it's just a little bit because you don't think much of the person giving it to you it still doesn't feel good. When I make a post and feel like it was clever or well thought-out or informative it absolutely feels good to get a pos rep for it. It's positive affirmation.

The little number under my name means a lot less, but during a dry spell I can still look at it and say "At one time at least for a moment someone valued what I'm doing here."

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    what exactly is rep power? i dont get it.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Nah.. I quit hating people earlier this year when I came to Christ.. he had really changed my heart and it's actually quite hard to really really HATE someone.. hard to explain that feeling, but hope you know what I mean. Most of the time I just feel sad when injustice is done to someone that's all.

If all this thread had done is bring this issue to the fore so that we can recognize the issue when it arises and report it to the Mods then I'm happy. I certainly have nothing to gain by starting this thread, it was just an idea I had from my experience, as I was once a new poster in this forum as well.

I just didn't want the same thing that happened to me to happen to new posters.

God bless.
    Amen brother.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Right you don't like hottnick....

Cy get in here and neg this chick!!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Neg reps hurt, I'll admit it, even if it's just a little bit because you don't think much of the person giving it to you it still doesn't feel good.
    There are a few people who have negged me and the minute I made the post, I knew they would. Didn't bother me even a half a nanosecond. Not even one little bit of hurt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just had an epiphany. What if we strengthened the 'ignore' feature of this site. Making it that if you ignore a poster... not only do you ignore the poster's posts, but you also block all reputation comments from the poster (both positive and negative). Would that help alleviate reputation concerns? I think it might help with someone who feels like they are being bullied by another poster. That was someone could just ignore the bully/poster!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    I just had an epiphany. What if we strengthened the 'ignore' feature of this site. Making it that if you ignore a poster... not only do you ignore the poster's posts, but you also block all reputation comments from the poster (both positive and negative). Would that help alleviate reputation concerns? I think it might help with someone who feels like they are being bullied by another poster. That was someone could just ignore the bully/poster!
    Wow! Yes Yes!! Why not??!! I don't see any negative side to that. Also for the person doing the negging, it should come up on their screen that the person has ignored you - so that hopefully automatically teaches them to be nicer and/or make up with that person somehow.

Is that button easy enough to put in though??
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That could be fun. I could just neg every poster here and put everyone on ignore. Ultimate punk.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    That could be fun. I could just neg every poster here and put everyone on ignore. Ultimate punk.
    We'll all ignore you then... would that still be fun???????

2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hotnickkkkkkkkkk hasn't even acknowledged my positive rep to him. Typical. Complain about the negs, never thankful for the reps.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Hotnickkkkkkkkkk hasn't even acknowledged my positive rep to him. Typical. Complain about the negs, never thankful for the reps.
    Oh i didn't know you wanted that.. sorry mate.

Yes Cy pos rep me the other day for which i am eternally grateful. It showed a lot of heart on his part. Thanks again Cy.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Actually his rep really surprised me but in a good way. Thanks Cy and apologies for bad mouthing you.. i take it all back.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh i didn't know you wanted that.. sorry mate.

Yes Cy pos rep me the other day for which i am eternally grateful. It showed a lot of heart on his part. Thanks again Cy.
    Was mostly joking, though I do find it annoying that every time someone gets neg repped, they feel the need to cry to everyone about it. Then, when you pos rep that person, nothing is said. If you are going to complain incessantly about every neg, then you should show gratitude for the reps.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Actually his rep really surprised me but in a good way. Thanks Cy and apologies for bad mouthing you.. i take it all back.
    I don't.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    *group hug*
    #dumptruckin