Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Soooo Happy!!! ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    21,192
    Total Rep Points
    26117
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100

    What's wrong with Paul Millsap?

    Millsap was Mr. Invisible again tonight.

    I mean what's wrong with him? His hustle is non-existence. Where's his mid range game? He used to get easy buckets here there and everywhere. He didn't seem to have any energy or enthusiasm. Like a big fat ZERO interest in the game.

    We were right in it until Tyre Carbon decided to sub in Al & Millsap. Al did his usual thing. Paul was invisible on both ends of the floor, letting Griffindorf do whatever he likes. Had we have Al & Favors in there at the end I reckon we would have won it.

    So what's wrong with Paul? It's his contract year for goodness sake!! Play like it!!
    L O V E
    L I F E

  2. #2
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,395
    Total Rep Points
    12823
    Rep Adjustment Power
    61
    Isn't it obvious by now. He's a really good back up, average starter overall.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

  3. #3
    Senior Member shadler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    304
    Total Rep Points
    78
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Maybe he isn't a starter?

  4. #4
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Isn't it obvious by now. He's a really good back up, average starter overall.
    BRAND NEW INFORMATION!!!

    Seriously though, he works hard and develops his game every off season which we all love, but IMO, he's hit his ceiling. It's time to move him and/or Al (and foye/corbin hehe).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    566
    Total Rep Points
    1563
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Maybe we are seeing the evidence of players who play well for the Jazz (Jerry+Phil) and when they go to another team (coach/Corbin) they don't thrive.

  6. #6
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,530
    Total Rep Points
    16666
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    He's FINALLY hit his ceiling and I think that's frustrating him.

    But honestly, and I know this is very Dutch of me, but I honestly feel like part of it is that some of the loser has washed off Al and onto him. I'm not kidding. Additionally, he knows the path the organization is on, and Al has, is, and would forever continue to get the nod over him if it comes down to a decision and he's probably somewhat demoralized by that. He has been playing better for the last little while with exception to tonight, though.

    But I've always felt the best way he could help a team is as a super-sub anyway.
    Eenie-Meenie has badgered me and the mods about removing something he actually said because he's clearly completely sane.

  7. #7
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,530
    Total Rep Points
    16666
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Harcher View Post
    Maybe we are seeing the evidence of players who play well for the Jazz (Jerry+Phil) and when they go to another team (coach/Corbin) they don't thrive.
    Except that Millsap had his best year last year.
    Eenie-Meenie has badgered me and the mods about removing something he actually said because he's clearly completely sane.

  8.  

     

  9. #8
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49,575
    Total Rep Points
    61848
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    He's FINALLY hit his ceiling and I think that's frustrating him.

    But honestly, and I know this is very Dutch of me, but I honestly feel like part of it is that some of the loser has washed off Al and onto him. I'm not kidding. Additionally, he knows the path the organization is on, and Al has, is, and would forever continue to get the nod over him if it comes down to a decision and he's probably somewhat demoralized by that. He has been playing better for the last little while with exception to tonight, though.

    But I've always felt the best way he could help a team is as a super-sub anyway.
    Nice post. Much respect from me.
    #dumptruckin

  10. #9
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    He's FINALLY hit his ceiling and I think that's frustrating him.

    But honestly, and I know this is very Dutch of me, but I honestly feel like part of it is that some of the loser has washed off Al and onto him. I'm not kidding. Additionally, he knows the path the organization is on, and Al has, is, and would forever continue to get the nod over him if it comes down to a decision and he's probably somewhat demoralized by that. He has been playing better for the last little while with exception to tonight, though.

    But I've always felt the best way he could help a team is as a super-sub anyway.
    I pretty much agree, however, the organization extended an offer to Milsap to renew his contract earlier in the year, didn't they? They haven't done that with Al. He has to know they want him here.

  11. #10
    Senior Member nateboz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,906
    Total Rep Points
    2220
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    I have to think that he knows that both Favors and Kanter are the future. His heart and head are no longer in it. He's already rejected the jazz's max extension contract offer. Both he and Jefferson need to be moved asap.

  12. #11
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,530
    Total Rep Points
    16666
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    I pretty much agree, however, the organization extended an offer to Milsap to renew his contract earlier in the year, didn't they? They haven't done that with Al. He has to know they want him here.
    They knew they were going to get a deal with Millsap (as they could only extend him at basically his same salary but with raises, which would put him a couple million per year under his market-value), so it was a no-brainer offer for the organization, especially since the rules essentially protected them from paying more and also from the ire of the Millsap camp in the event they felt low-balled or something.

    That really doesn't change why none of us have seen any indication that the Jazz have or are attempting to extend Al, so your point stands to a degree (even though it doesn't address the difference in a coaching situation and a roster decision).
    Eenie-Meenie has badgered me and the mods about removing something he actually said because he's clearly completely sane.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    1340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    It was the auto offer almost that they knew he would reject but would make them look good, really.

  14. #13
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,578
    Total Rep Points
    8542
    Rep Adjustment Power
    47
    I'd like to second Numberica's statements about Millsap's awareness of the organization and its direction. Hard to get that extra ounce out when the **** is piled this high.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]
    elect Stanley Johnson, 2015

  15. #14
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    They knew they were going to get a deal with Millsap (as they could only extend him at basically his same salary but with raises, which would put him a couple million per year under his market-value), so it was a no-brainer offer for the organization, especially since the rules essentially protected them from paying more and also from the ire of the Millsap camp in the event they felt low-balled or something.

    That really doesn't change why none of us have seen any indication that the Jazz have or are attempting to extend Al, so your point stands to a degree (even though it doesn't address the difference in a coaching situation and a roster decision).
    Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think Al will get a nod over Sap at the end of the season? I would hope not. I think we have seen what we can become with Al in our starting line up and hopefully the organization can see that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpjazz View Post
    It was the auto offer almost that they knew he would reject but would make them look good, really.
    Thanks. Makes sense.

  16. #15
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,530
    Total Rep Points
    16666
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think Al will get a nod over Sap at the end of the season? I would hope not. I think we have seen what we can become with Al in our starting line up and hopefully the organization can see that too.
    I think the front office/ownership and coaching are slightly at odds on this. Maybe it's because the FO might be more sentimental or maybe it's because they're smarter. Or maybe I'm just riffing. I just can't see Al staying here after this year unless the Jazz get him on a Millsap-right-now-like deal. If I'm wrong on that point, I don't know what I'll do.
    Eenie-Meenie has badgered me and the mods about removing something he actually said because he's clearly completely sane.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •