Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I think the front office/ownership and coaching are slightly at odds on this. Maybe it's because the FO might be more sentimental or maybe it's because they're smarter. Or maybe I'm just riffing. I just can't see Al staying here after this year unless the Jazz get him on a Millsap-right-now-like deal. If I'm wrong on that point, I don't know what I'll do.
    If they re-sign Al because he's willing to accept a Millsap type of deal, I'll probably slit my wrists. I, like most of us here, would rather see Sap + Favors starting. So tired of the same ****ing play almost every time down the court; run a few cuts, drop the ball to Al and let him waste 8 seconds on the clock only to end up with him either missing or making his push shot and not getting to the line.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think it's clear Millsap hates the offense that The Jazz run while Jefferson is in the game.

But yet he doesn't want to come off the bench either.

I think you trade Jefferson and give Millsap a 40 game opportunity to respond by showing up every night.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I think it's clear Millsap hates the offense that The Jazz run while Jefferson is in the game.

I think you trade Jefferson and give Millsap a 40 game opportunity to respond by showing up every night.
    I like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Repped
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

One thing is clear, we are better with Favors on the floor in almost every aspect of the game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    One thing is clear, we are better with Favors on the floor in almost every aspect of the game.
    People don't understand size. The only difference between now and then is Jazz had players making plays. They don't remember how bad sap played the 15 games before dwill got traded. He got killed by pretty much every pf in the league when everyone was blaming Big al at the time. Teams are learning what they can do with him. They both suck on d and both have their issues in the paint on both ends. With big al gone you will still have a lot of problems with sap. Kanter and/or favors needs to start.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by shadler View Post
    He got killed by pretty much every pf in the league when everyone was blaming Big al at the time.
    No one was blaming Al at the time (besides your adorably hyperbolic assessment). Well, besides me and very, very few others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    His shot has gotten worse. The last 2 years or so his offensive game has been based off of having a pretty sweet midrange game. He doesn't really have that this year, along with his FT's taking a drastic hit.

I can see the logic in blaming Al for the 1st part, but the FT's are 100% on him.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't have the stats to back it up, but Ty has made a pretty consistent effort to get Paul touches early in games. He gets plenty of high PnR's, high posts, and even a fair amount of straight post drops.

Paul's problem is the offense is so inept that if he doesn't get his own shot, he'll never get it back, and he's not great at creating his own shot.

There are 15 teams in the NBA where Paul could effortlessly score 15 - 17 a night just because the system would get him shots. He just doesn't play on one of those teams.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It is really odd, some thoughts:
    1. Remember when Al and Paul had great chemistry last year and Al would get Paul some easy buckets and vice-versa, it still happens this year, but seems to be way less. It was near bromance between them.
    2. Paul has injuries every year and plays through them. They always get reported after they are healed and he returns to being himself.
    3. He is down in every category not just shot %, PPG etc, but also steals and rebounds. The overachieving Millsap is absent.
    4. He is having a career year with 3pt% and to a lesser extent assists. He is also fouling less.

Maybe he has hit his ceiling, but it doesn't make any sense to me that he can't have a career season in a contract year. I still want to believe that nobody works harder than Paul Millsap, and there is some explanation.
    Chop it!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Millsap, without Jefferdad would probably fit better. Wish a deal for Aldridge could be done, but I think Portland wouldn't touch Alfred with a ten foot pole.

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Milsap hates cutting to the rim and not getting passed to when Al is in the post.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    I don't have the stats to back it up, but Ty has made a pretty consistent effort to get Paul touches early in games. He gets plenty of high PnR's, high posts, and even a fair amount of straight post drops.

Paul's problem is the offense is so inept that if he doesn't get his own shot, he'll never get it back, and he's not great at creating his own shot.

There are 15 teams in the NBA where Paul could effortlessly score 15 - 17 a night just because the system would get him shots. He just doesn't play on one of those teams.
    This. It appears to me the historical benefit of the "Jazz system" is absent. And Vegas' notes about last year's chemistry is somehow worn off. That is due to the whole situation of Kanter/Favors as the heir apparents and BigAl/Milsap 'who do we resign' battle, is just too much to overcome.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Milsap hates cutting to the rim and not getting passed to when Al is in the post.
    I would hate it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    he is unmotivated. since the start of the season. he wants a killer pg or else out. jazz have to keep sap and send al. but I think it will be both before this season ends.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."