Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I do think especially with Mo out Hayward could be more apart of the offense especially if they could also move Millsap to the 6th man role. Or another thing I would like is put Burks starting to see if he could be a spark they are missing and move Foye back to the bench.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    So how many minutes is Burks playing of Mo's would be minutes?

Burks playing time is coming from Carroll's minutes and a little of Foye's maybe, the only way the injury could be taken into account is because Mo's absence takes a scorer away and Watson/Tinsley have scored a whopping 3pts since Mo went down and have more TO's then assists. Since Corbin doesn't make these type's of adjustments it can't be that as well as Burks so far has played majority with the bench players and not starters so his scoring wouldn't be able to pick up the slack of not having Mo all that much.

For the rest I think they still go to Al too much and the success or lack there of when they don't could be many different reasons.

Yes, you said it right in your post.... corbin has said burks is playing because they need scoring due to mo being out... so like i said, burks is playing because mo is hurt.
    Plus foye lost his shot about 10 games before burks started playing.... also we didn't have foye last year so was corbin waiting for CJ miles shots to stop falling before playing burks?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    I do think especially with Mo out Hayward could be more apart of the offense especially if they could also move Millsap to the 6th man role. Or another thing I would like is put Burks starting to see if he could be a spark they are missing and move Foye back to the bench.
    These things could happen and could help the team, but right now the starting lineup is about as veteran as it could get, so it is perfect for corbin and unlikely to change.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    How can anyone justify how little Corbin has done to fix the starting lineup, a lineup which had lead to a first quarter deficit in 11 of the last 12 games. The slow starting is so obvious, he either is completely blind or totally obtuse when it comes to it.
    Probably only an idiot using the same reasons you gave in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Or how about the mechanical out-subbing of the young players who have brought us back for the very same vets that created the hole in the first place. It has gone on too long for "learning" to be an excuse. The "dealt a bad hand excuse" could fly in his first half season and the lockout season, but what bad hand has he been given this season? Too many good ish players to balance?
    In that case, Corbin is the best coach in the league for taking that garbage to the playoffs last season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What, taking that team to an 8th seed in a league where over half the teams make the playoffs?
    Long Live JYD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    One last thing that I've asked you before: I don't get how you don't see offensive improvement in the Jazz. Yeah, they've regressed a ton. But around game 20 or so they were obviously implementing more sets and growing.
    I do think Ty has tried some new things this year. We're running a lot more high/low with the bigs than we ever have. The flex cuts to initiate the offense from the wing have been simplified (although I really don't understand why we run Foye off pin downs for long 2's when he's specifically a bad shooter on that play or long 2's in general.) A few weeks ago we saw Marvin take his first baseline cuts (now abandoned). We even have a new wrinkle where I see Paul diving down from the high post when Al is on the block.

The problem is it all looks like experimentation with plays, not facets of a total offense.

And some of the same issues that have plagued us for his entire tenure never get fixed: 1. We start the offense way too late in the shot clock; 2) The post possessions for every player, not just Al, are basically ISO's with no cuts (no Brewer baseline, no AK from the opposite wing); 3. There is clearly no plan on how to reset the offense once an initial play/PnR doesn't work. In my opinion, we're now officially into inexcusable territory.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Incidentally Franklin, I do agree that Ty has gone back to the Jeffy Offense (although it's really the post dump offense that plays the same with Sap/Kanter/Favors). But that's still an indictment. My ten cent psychoanalysis is he watched how discombobulated we have become over the last 10 and wanted to 'simplify.' Yet we should still be able to work basic concepts into a post dominant offense. It's not that hard to call for a Marvin baseline cut, a Hayward crosscut.

For me the bigger issue is our half court offense has been a problem all year, it's not developing, and Ty seems to have lost control on how to fix it (which presumes he even knows how which I also question.)

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    I do think Ty has tried some new things this year. We're running a lot more high/low with the bigs than we ever have. The flex cuts to initiate the offense from the wing have been simplified (although I really don't understand why we run Foye off pin downs for long 2's when he's specifically a bad shooter on that play or long 2's in general.) A few weeks ago we saw Marvin take his first baseline cuts (now abandoned). We even have a new wrinkle where I see Paul diving down from the high post when Al is on the block.

The problem is it all looks like experimentation with plays, not facets of a total offense.

And some of the same issues that have plagued us for his entire tenure never get fixed: 1. We start the offense way too late in the shot clock; 2) The post possessions for every player, not just Al, are basically ISO's with no cuts (no Brewer baseline, no AK from the opposite wing); 3. There is clearly no plan on how to reset the offense once an initial play/PnR doesn't work. In my opinion, we're now officially into inexcusable territory.
    I agree with every bit of this other than the Ty vs. Player (non)debate. I've called for more high-low, more Sap pushing down w/ AJ in the block, more wing entry into Al then cut baseline (Ma), & no damned doubt not letting Foye shoot anything beside a 3 point shot.

Bottom line for me, right now, is a lack of talent to run anything well, especially once the first option breaks down. For all I care, this may be a fault of Ty. It's definitely a player issue so that's what I'm defaulting to until enough evidence points otherwise. You may see some serious Corbin hate post-trade deadline from me. We might also see some serious love from the development side of this board.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'll be overjoyed if he can change my mind. Still a lot of basketball to play.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post

p.s. your shtick is getting old. time to use one of those other accts.
    Pot meet Kettle.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.