Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,667
    Total Rep Points
    5551
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    So what's this supposed to mean? Same dress? And the conclusion we draw from that is????
    The conclusion we can draw is the fact that at any moment something horrible can happen to you or loved ones in a completely random fashion is too much for some people to bear or comprehend - so they make up horse **** conspiracy theories like this one to convince themselves that they have control over their lives and what happens to them.

  2. #17
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,883
    Total Rep Points
    30191
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The conclusion we can draw is the fact that at any moment something horrible can happen to you or loved ones in a completely random fashion is too much for some people to bear or comprehend - so they make up horse **** conspiracy theories like this one to convince themselves that they have control over their lives and what happens to them.
    I wouldn't ever give the conspiracy mindset this much credit.

    I did a quick check on Whiskey's charity stuff and quickly found godlikeproductions feasting on it quicker than rice on white, **** on stink. Then I found a post on the FB page about deleting certain posts and how disrespectful the accusatory questioning was. Pretty easy for me to piece together what had happened.

    GLP is a popular conspiracy website. I bet you money this photo collage comes from them. These folks see everything as wrinkles in the matrix. To them, this was a conspiracy before it happened. That's how the mindset operates.
    No Mediocrity

  3. #18
    Premium Member Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,639
    Total Rep Points
    1030
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I wouldn't ever give the conspiracy mindset this much credit.

    I did a quick check on Whiskey's charity stuff and quickly found godlikeproductions feasting on it quicker than rice on white, **** on stink. Then I found a post on the FB page about deleting certain posts and how disrespectful the accusatory questioning was. Pretty easy for me to piece together what had happened.

    GLP is a popular conspiracy website. I bet you money this photo collage comes from them. These folks see everything as wrinkles in the matrix. To them, this was a conspiracy before it happened. That's how the mindset operates.

    What I find humorous is the idea that people are catching some massive super-complex overlord organization that can successfully kill Kennedy, pull off 9-11, fake a moon landing, fake Sandy Hook, and on and on and on, but is exposed to those who don't have the wool pulled over their eyes due to a little girl wearing some Wal-Mart dress.

    You caught them red handed, because there is nothing that dress could mean but that this is all part of some elaborate master plan. It's always the little things I guess. And in the case of those who killed Kennedy, faked the Moon landing, pulled off 9-11 and staged Sandy Hook, it comes down to magic bullets, low dust retro-rockets, starched flags, the footprint of collapsed buildings and little girl's mass-produced dresses. How did these fools ever think they were going to secretly control the world?

  4. #19
    Senior Member freakazoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Do I even need a ****ing location?
    Posts
    3,042
    Total Rep Points
    5207
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    They stole this gag from Seinfeld.
    Eneshttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/airgordon-1.jpgThe Menace

  5. #20
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    10,034
    Total Rep Points
    19635
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Im outraged.

    Over the top conspiracies theories such as this, give legitimate conspiracies theories a bad name.


    You can deny all the conspiracies you want, but the JFK one is no doubt, some kind of event that is bigger than what you are told. That one is too easy.

    C'mon, seriously? The guy who kills the president is immediately killed by someone else? What more do you need?

  6.  

     

  7. #21
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,751
    Total Rep Points
    2672
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I wouldn't ever give the conspiracy mindset this much credit.

    I did a quick check on Whiskey's charity stuff and quickly found godlikeproductions feasting on it quicker than rice on white, **** on stink. Then I found a post on the FB page about deleting certain posts and how disrespectful the accusatory questioning was. Pretty easy for me to piece together what had happened.

    GLP is a popular conspiracy website. I bet you money this photo collage comes from them. These folks see everything as wrinkles in the matrix. To them, this was a conspiracy before it happened. That's how the mindset operates.
    Interesting, I didn't know about godlikeproductions. Rep'd

  8. #22
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    10,034
    Total Rep Points
    19635
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    What I think is the real issue is that there are so many people who refuse to believe that bad people can organize, plan, and execute, just like any other organization on this planet. It happens everyday. Yet, for some reason, ant-conspirators don't believe it exists until someone is caught, and the details are made public. Then its a complete shock to them that this happened and then it becomes an isolated incident, and in their minds, the first time anything like it has ever happened.

    The problem with these people is also not even knowing the definition of conspiracy. Half of all crimes written about could fall under the definition of conspiracy, but to the ant-conspiracy crowd, the word or its definition doesnt even exist. Frankly, Im surprised that there has been a petition to remove the word from the dictionary. Its negative connotation it carries now rivals the N word. Which is sad, because all that does it provide the fertile ground for real conspiracies to thrive.

    I always thought we were supposed to keep a close eye on the government. I thought there was pretty big reason why we have checks and balances. Not just for ****s and giggles, but because the threat is real. I thought this was America god damn it. What the **** happened? When did we become a nation of push overs who will turn their heads for a few bucks and a false sense of security? Is tv really doing that much damage?

  9. #23
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Is tv really doing that much damage?
    No.
    The Federal Reserve is providing an impossibly unsustainable high quality of living for most Americans.
    Once that bubble has completely burst, and the entitlement programs stop sending the checks, you might see a nation rise up.
    Until then..... look forward to a people that are complacent with financial slavery.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  10. #24
    Premium Member Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,639
    Total Rep Points
    1030
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Im outraged.

    Over the top conspiracies theories such as this, give legitimate conspiracies theories a bad name.


    You can deny all the conspiracies you want, but the JFK one is no doubt, some kind of event that is bigger than what you are told. That one is too easy.

    C'mon, seriously? The guy who kills the president is immediately killed by someone else? What more do you need?
    This is exactly what I get a kick out of. I call it the "by virtue of not knowing what happened we know exactly what happened" phenomena.

    Personally I need a lot more, like specific evidence. Not just the dance of shadows.

  11. #25
    Premium Member Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,639
    Total Rep Points
    1030
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    What I think is the real issue is that there are so many people who refuse to believe that bad people can organize, plan, and execute, just like any other organization on this planet. It happens everyday. Yet, for some reason, ant-conspirators don't believe it exists until someone is caught, and the details are made public. Then its a complete shock to them that this happened and then it becomes an isolated incident, and in their minds, the first time anything like it has ever happened.

    The problem with these people is also not even knowing the definition of conspiracy. Half of all crimes written about could fall under the definition of conspiracy, but to the ant-conspiracy crowd, the word or its definition doesnt even exist. Frankly, Im surprised that there has been a petition to remove the word from the dictionary. Its negative connotation it carries now rivals the N word. Which is sad, because all that does it provide the fertile ground for real conspiracies to thrive.

    I always thought we were supposed to keep a close eye on the government. I thought there was pretty big reason why we have checks and balances. Not just for ****s and giggles, but because the threat is real. I thought this was America god damn it. What the **** happened? When did we become a nation of push overs who will turn their heads for a few bucks and a false sense of security? Is tv really doing that much damage?
    Yes, this is called having proof. That's what I want before I agree that I know something is true.

    Speculation is one thing, suspicion too. But what conspiracy theory enthusiasts do is not express suspicion, they claim to know the unknowable. That's where I bid them best of luck and back away slowly.

  12. #26
    Premium Member Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,639
    Total Rep Points
    1030
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    So again, what is this dress supposed to prove again? What's the elaborate plot that we can gleam from the wearing of a mass-produced dress?

  13. #27
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,883
    Total Rep Points
    30191
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    What I find humorous is the idea that people are catching some massive super-complex overlord organization that can successfully kill Kennedy, pull off 9-11, fake a moon landing, fake Sandy Hook, and on and on and on, but is exposed to those who don't have the wool pulled over their eyes due to a little girl wearing some Wal-Mart dress.

    You caught them red handed, because there is nothing that dress could mean but that this is all part of some elaborate master plan. It's always the little things I guess. And in the case of those who killed Kennedy, faked the Moon landing, pulled off 9-11 and staged Sandy Hook, it comes down to magic bullets, low dust retro-rockets, starched flags, the footprint of collapsed buildings and little girl's mass-produced dresses. How did these fools ever think they were going to secretly control the world?
    I was into the 9-11 stuff when I first started working for the government. The topic came up one day and I rattled off some tower 7 hitpoint or something. This guy chuckled a little and said (paraphrased) "Well, I've worked in government long enough to know that it's too inept to pull something like this off without anything leaking. Too many ordinary people would have to be involved and somehow silenced".

    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Im outraged.

    Over the top conspiracies theories such as this, give legitimate conspiracies theories a bad name.
    Not at all. The problem is legitimate "conspiracies", which are normally a complete misuse of the term, give a certain mindset crowd false lifeblood that feeds their world view. MK Ultra, Iran Contra, cloud seeding "chemtrails", all government [non-conspiracy] programs. Congress conspires with industry by definition (I hate ethanol-Cargill dig). When you take these and use them to validate your other speculative theories that fly in the face of science & evidence then you're taking healthy skepticism and using it in a destructive way.
    .
    With that said, I fully expect an Illuminati-like organisation in one fashion or another. It's human nature. Their continual self destruction is also human nature.
    No Mediocrity

  14. #28
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    10,034
    Total Rep Points
    19635
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    This is exactly what I get a kick out of. I call it the "by virtue of not knowing what happened we know exactly what happened" phenomena.

    Personally I need a lot more, like specific evidence. Not just the dance of shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Yes, this is called having proof. That's what I want before I agree that I know something is true.

    Speculation is one thing, suspicion too. But what conspiracy theory enthusiasts do is not express suspicion, they claim to know the unknowable. That's where I bid them best of luck and back away slowly.
    No.

    Its called not being a gullible dumb ass who thinks everything is merry in the world, and is easily fooled by any deception thrown at you.

    Some people can spot a lie and some cant. Some people dont fall for stupid ****, and some people do. There is reason why the words sucker, gullible, and fool were thought up. Its because man has been conning man since day one.

    So the question is...

    Do you get fooled easily? Do you often find yourself getting ripped off?

  15. #29
    Premium Member Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,639
    Total Rep Points
    1030
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    No.

    Its called not being a gullible dumb ass who thinks everything is merry in the world, and is easily fooled by any deception thrown at you.

    Some people can spot a lie and some cant. Some people dont fall for stupid ****, and some people do. There is reason why the words sucker, gullible, and fool were thought up. Its because man has been conning man since day one.

    So the question is...

    Do you get fooled easily? Do you often find yourself getting ripped off?
    Okay, you win Hack. I'm a dumb ass because I don't think 9-11 was an inside job and I can't say I know for sure who killed Kennedy. I also don't understand the significance of the little girl's dress. Let me ask a third time: What conclusion can we draw from the photos in the OP? I truly am too stupid to figure this out.

  16. #30
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,751
    Total Rep Points
    2672
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    No.

    Its called not being a gullible dumb ass who thinks everything is merry in the world, and is easily fooled by any deception thrown at you.

    Some people can spot a lie and some cant. Some people dont fall for stupid ****, and some people do. There is reason why the words sucker, gullible, and fool were thought up. Its because man has been conning man since day one.

    So the question is...

    Do you get fooled easily? Do you often find yourself getting ripped off?
    I'm unsure at what your claims are in this thread, but I would like you to flesh out your ideas with real examples. So, I would like you to answer a few questions for me if possible. 1) Do you believe there is a conspiracy involving the Sandy Hook shooting? If yes, what is the purpose/ultimate goal of the conspiracy? Also, what is an example of a large conspiracy theory which you believe to be valid? (I'm not talking about a group of swindlers trying to scam an old lady - I'm talking something that the government is involved in).

    Thanks in advance for the response.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •