Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level

Should Corbin Stress the old Sloan "Picket Line"?

Jazz fans lynched it when Corbin ran a modernized version to get Mo Williams open for that game winning shot.
    After tonight's awful last shot attempt by Foye, I'm wondering if Corbin should go old school way back to that old movie play that everyone watched 1,000 times over and those Jazz fans who didn't still watched J-Slo run 500+ times over.
    Should Corbin push this inbound play that every junior varsity ranger cub assistant wannabe coach knows by heart? I think it might be better than what he ran tonight. It worked a decade and a half ago so it can't be that outdated.
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Why draw up an ingenious play when Foye can go one on one for a contested 3 pointer?

Rep Level
    I always loved the so-called "Picket Line". It's one of the best inbound plays in the history of basketball.
    Remember how good that play had become during the Deron Williams era?
    Almost unstoppable!
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    Either Corbin is dumb as ****...or Corbin told them to run a better play than "just shoot it Foye" and they refused.

Either way, Corbin needs to GTFO

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I always loved the so-called "Picket Line". It's one of the best inbound plays in the history of basketball.
    Remember how good that play had become during the Deron Williams era?
    Almost unstoppable!
    I called it the Sloan picket line out of convenience, but it's not Sloan's play. It's a basketbll play that every coach in the nation knows about. Phil Jackson used to run it and so did a lot of other older teams. The league has moved away from it for one reason or another. I'm wondering if Corbin can bring it back to exploit its lack of use.

One thing though is it requires an excellent passing big man, which this team does not have. AK, Collins, plenty other competent players in the past. I don't want Jefferson, Favors, Kanter attempting it. Maybe Millsap could.
    No Mediocrity