Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This Bench vs Starter bull **** is so stupid to argue over. We know the ****ing starters aren't good enough to win a championship. The bench has some great potential, but that all it is right now. Let them sink or swim. If they sink, at least their will be another solid draft pick. Jerry West always claimed to be in the middle was the worst spot, and that's exactly where the veteran led team is. Smack dab in the worst position in basketball.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    They aren't spending that much time against the opposing starters at all. Our bench plays opposing starters anywhere from 4-8 minutes A GAME, from what I've seen.
    Apparently you didn't read my post very carefully, because I already pointed that out. I hate having to repeat myself, so I'll just direct you back to that post. Understand, that even though the sample size in each individual game is small, over the season it adds up.

As far as your other claim about the bench stalling out or starting to lose the lead against the opposing starters, I never claimed that the bench routinely outplayed opposing starters; I merely claimed that they usually do better against the opposing starters than our starting lineup does. Not that that's saying much though - the starters consistently get down by near double digits in the 1st quarter of games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Apparently you didn't read my post very carefully, because I already pointed that out. I hate having to repeat myself, so I'll just direct you back to that post. Understand, that even though the sample size in each individual game is small, over the season it adds up.

As far as your other claim about the bench stalling out or starting to lose the lead against the opposing starters, I never claimed that the bench routinely outplayed opposing starters; I merely claimed that they usually do better against the opposing starters than our starting lineup does. Not that that's saying much though - the starters consistently get down by near double digits in the 1st quarter of games.
    We must have different definitions of "usually" then.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We must have different definitions of "usually" then.
    More often than not.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I guess the fact that our bench is slightly winded when they are playing against returning rested starters means nothing to a Lunatic.

Meanwhile, a Lunatic ignores the job Favors did on Griffin and then blames him for succeeding against the other players our coach determines he must play against.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]
    elect Stanley Johnson, 2015

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I guess the fact that our bench is slightly winded when they are playing against returning rested starters means nothing to a Lunatic.

Meanwhile, a Lunatic ignores the job Favors did on Griffin and then blames him for succeeding against the other players our coach determines he must play against.
    Yeah, because that's exactly what I'm saying.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Our bench makes runs against the other teams bench, and then usually stall out or start to lose the lead when the opposing starters come back.
    What are you saying, braugh?
    Our bench is good, but they don't fare as well against the opposing starters as you make out. A complete upheaval of this team would just be completely disastrous.
    Got numbers to back this up, braugh?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What are you saying, braugh?
    Not this.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not this.
    Why don't you clarify what I quoted? Or does a rolling troll gather no moss?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why don't you clarify what I quoted? Or does a rolling troll gather no moss?
    I don't need to. Its pretty clear already.

And in response to your reputation comment:

It doesn't matter. I don't care about E-Peen Rep.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't need to. Its pretty clear already.

And in response to your reputation comment:

It doesn't matter. I don't care about E-Peen Rep.
    That's what I thought. I mean, who needs to make sense? You're totally right to remain occluded in stupidity.
    Last edited by NAOS; 12-30-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    People have to start questioning Locke's assertions a little more. He doesn't see things accurately, and rarely reports what he sees with context.

1. Paul was "held" to 1-6 by Hayward. Actually, 1-5. 3 were jumpers from 20 feet and out. Meanwhile, down the stretch, when Paul was driving, he drew two fouls (4 FT's) and made a jumper. Hayward was our best option to guard Paul, but not even good on the whole, and he got exposed when Paul took the game over.

2. Favors/Griffin: Easily the biggest misstatement bordering on a lie. In the 1st, he went 1-2 on Millsap, the other 4 points with Favors in. When he came back in in the 2nd, Griffin drew 2 personals on Favors (4 FT's), and later picked up a personal from Tinsley w/ Sap in. In the 3rd, Griffin scored 4 points on the Al/Sap tandem before Favors came in. He scored 2 points on Favors before getting a breather in the early 4th. In the 4th he was mostly out against Favors. But he scored 2 with Favors in, 3 with Al/Sap.

I'm not arguing that Favors isn't our best defensive option, but he hardly 'shut down' Griffin. The guy was 7-10 and 8-9 from the line. More than half those points came when Favors/Kanter were on the floor.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That's one thing I forgot to bring up but was commenting on during the game, some how Blake and DeAndre bad FT shooters were hitting well above their normal FT%.

Jazz' FT defense is horrible a little levity in a depressing time

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    This Bench vs Starter bull **** is so stupid to argue over. We know the ****ing starters aren't good enough to win a championship. The bench has some great potential, but that all it is right now. Let them sink or swim. If they sink, at least their will be another solid draft pick. Jerry West always claimed to be in the middle was the worst spot, and that's exactly where the veteran led team is. Smack dab in the worst position in basketball.
    I feel exactly the same way. Our starters are good for another 4-5 games in the playoffs if we're lucky. The kids bring us the best chance at one day winning a championship. They might fail, but one of them might become a cornerstone of a championship squad. I am indifferent with the mediocrity of our current starting squad.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    They can blame the officials all they want but it wasn't a foul on Foye and Jefferson fouled CP3 for no reason.

The way they were calling the game that was a foul at the end. Body contact.

Big Al's was a foul of the ticky tack variety, and should have been let go.
    Some of the fouls called on both ends before that were laughable, and that is what led to the upset reactions.
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"